Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Ice Warning for Ireland 29 Jan to 03 Feb 2019 *See Mod Note in OP *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Vxlkss

pad199207 wrote: »
    There was never going to be any snow for Dublin. It looked near guaranteed that coastal areas were well over the wrong side of marginal due to maritime influence.

I believe there might be some backedge snowfall come friday AM from the low, which is shown on the Met office UKMO graphics, (between 1-5AM) as the wind veers NE

• Registered Users Posts: 7,151 ✭✭✭pad199207

Vxlkss wrote: »
    I believe there might be some backedge snowfall come friday AM from the low, which is shown on the Met office UKMO graphics, (between 1-5AM) as the wind veers NE

Yeah true mate but I wouldn’t be trustworthy on any of them delivering snow on the immediate coast, perhaps sleet and hail at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭pauldry

Well that was one full on snow day in Sligo

Snow angels 9am
    Snowball fight with kids 930am
    Basketsnowball 10am
    Built Snowman 11am
    Kerb Snowball 1140am
    Snowman in back 12am
    Lunch 1pm
    Shovel snow with kids 2pm
    Cycle in snow 3pm
    Slide down hill in snow 330pm
    Snowball fight part 2 with kids 4pm
    Slide down hill in car 430pm

That will do till 2020. im soaked n feet hv lost all feeling.

Hope we get rain tomorrow .... curse me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Vxlkss

pad199207 wrote: »
    Yeah true mate but I wouldn’t be trustworthy on any of them delivering snow on the immediate coast, perhaps sleet and hail at best.

Good thing im well inland then, close to Dundrum.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

diceyd wrote: »
    Off topic, I hit that full site option, I can't get back to the weather threads, except this one, even the boards options and threads look different, any help would be great

Go down to where you clicked on full site. It should now say touch site. Click that, then click main boards header and you’re back to how it was.

Any time you want to post a pic or YouTube, you have to go to full site again, do the do then click back to touch.
    That option not there anymore, display has all changed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

1 degree cork city.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

sryanbruen wrote: »
    When was there hype for Dublin getting snow exactly? It has always expected to have rain during this period.

It wasn’t ramped up , but it wasn’t forecast for just rain really , it’s stoll a nowcast to me

• Registered Users Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Snowbiee21 wrote: »
    It wasn’t ramped up , but it wasn’t forecast for just rain really , it’s stoll a nowcast to me

It was for where I am - being a bit biased here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Just got a text that my school isnt open till 10:50 tomorrow in Cork City. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

JUust got a text that my school isnt open till 10:50 tomorrow in Cork City. Oh well.

May as well have gone for 11!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Down to -2.6c with dew point of -4.1c already at my station, a cold one!

https://twitter.com/carlowweather/status/1090693861268180992?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭highdef

You probably need to look harder. I just checked on my phone and I can see "Touch Site" to the left of "Responsive Site", at the very bottom... Well technically the second last line of text.

Having said that, I'm on an Android phone but the display on the full site should be the same on any OS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

May as well have gone for 11!

Small break ends at 10:50 so thats why its then!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,599 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Inland should be ok for snow tomorrow but more so through the evening. Nothing particularly heavy though. More light - moderate.

anim_aee9.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Inland should be ok for snow tomorrow but more so through the evening. Nothing particularly heavy though. More light - moderate.

anim_aee9.gif

As that front pushes up through Cork it shows snow in places, I wonder what level we are talking to see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

anim_aee9.gif

So a total non event, hype upon hype all adding up to nothing. Oh well, wonder what winter 2019/2020 holds?

D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭squarecircles

derekon wrote: »
    So a total non event, hype upon hype all adding up to nothing. Oh well, wonder what winter 2019/2020 holds?

D

probably more rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

D
    2018/2019 is still not over. as syranbruen said many a time, the later stages of winter, we have done good for ourselves.

probably more rain.

Marvellous!!!

D

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Monkeynut wrote: »
    2018/2019 is still not over. as syranbruen said many a time, the later stages of winter, we have done good for ourselves.

Tomorrrow is still not over

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

D

We still have second half of February all to play for. March quite often throws us a frigid surprise. I reckon I can remember more easterly's during March than any other month of the year.

Monkeynut wrote: »

True , suppose it can snow up to the end of March. But this winter has been a total write off (from a Dublin perspective), I'm just anticipating more of the same....

D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

D

These ridiculous posts should lead to an automatic life time ban from the weather forum!! Is Jan 30 ffs!!

True , suppose it can snow up to the end of March. But this winter has been a total write off (from a Dublin perspective), I'm just anticipating more of the same....

D

Me too, its a build up that hasn't worked out as of yet each time. It has been depressing to be a Dub this winter. Not a flake is Swords. Ahh well you can't have it all. :0
    These ridiculous posts should lead to an automatic life time ban from the weather forum!! Is Jan 30 ffs!!
    carefulnow.jpg

The display looks different as you are on full site. Just scroll down to the bottom of page. It’s on the right hand side (responsive site) is furthest right.
    Click it and then scroll up and click the header that says boards so you get the screen to display in touch mode again.

I use iPhone, it is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Marengo wrote: »
    That's a Fraxinus classic in fairness:D

No mention of talking to a lad in the county council in Donegal though..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Gonzo wrote: »
    We still have second half of February all to play for. March quite often throws us a frigid surprise. I reckon I can remember more easterly's during March than any other month of the year.

May is the most easterly month on average.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

In Portlaoise i'd rate our chances of seeing a decent snowfall 50:50.

Though at times like this i wish i was back where i was born and bred as at 324m asl the chances are probably 80:20.

How and ever, for the vast majority of us ANYTHING can happen yet.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    May is the most easterly month on average.

Is Easter the most easterly day?

:pac: I know kill me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

No mention of talking to a lad in the county council in Donegal though..

The poor grand childers not seeing snow is the giveaway:D

I always find it funny how people react. It's weather..you roll with the punches. If it snows great, if it doesn't we have 5-6 weeks where we may get a fall. If we don't...the world won't end. There's plenty more life to be lived. Everything's a bonus.

Advertisement