Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread? (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Heard the parade was very short & also ****e

The Limerick parade is always shíte but if it was short then that's a definite improvement. Any time I've attended the majority is just kids in their club tracksuits/scout uniforms, all singing everywhere we go. It's boring in the extreme. And kind of narcissistic, who thinks that anyone wants to watch you walk by doing nothing. I'm the most doting a mother you can get and even I know nobody wants to devote a couple of hours of their life to watching my son walk through town in his club top. I don't want to do that.

Participating in the parade should be conditional on doing something that's at least an attempt at being interesting. If you aren't a marching band or dance/gym troupe you should be in costume rather than your normal activity gear. It doesn't have to cost a lot, "homemade" stuff can look good and groups like the scouts/brownies should be able to make them in the weeks before, performing arts groups could use costumes from their shows (Spotlight normally does this tbf), sports groups could probably organise a costume making day the weekend before. Not every group can manage a float but bikes/prams/trailers/wheelbarrows can be decorated. Music can easily be played on light, portable speakers. It really wouldn't take a lot of effort for each group to actually make the parade fun but for some reason it doesn't happen. For the last few years I've drive out to the parade in Castleconnell instead of bothering with town. It's absolutely tiny but each group makes an effort of some sort it's cute and fun to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mdmix

Anyone see the river regatta on Saturday? Was going to pop in for the finish only for the rain

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

I would have always agreed with the parade not being themed and that all groups should make an effort.

However this year I marched, for the very first time, with a charity group. They didn't find out until the week before that they had been given a place.
    They marched in their full gear and it was about raising awareness of the work they do in Limerick City.
    I can't comment on this year's parade because obviously I didn't see it. But I do think there is a place for all, because if the charities were to spend lots of money creating costumes / floats etc, surely there would be more questions asked about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I'm looking for a place that can make a house name plaque on wood or stone or something.

I can't think of anywhere that does that type of work. Can anybody recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Glenomra

any of the monumental stone cutters should oblige.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Glenomra wrote: »

That's true I guess so I'll check that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

You'll have to swear a pledge first

the-simpsons-stonecutters-homer-671x377.png

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

+1 for this. Grave stone fella out in Ballysimon did my house plaque. Can’t remember the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

+1 for this. Grave stone fella out in Ballysimon did my house plaque. Can’t remember the name.

Marsh memorials or something like that

anyone ever hear of this crowd ?? ALL WEATHER PROOF ROOFING MUNSTER

Ya was right Not a fan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

How long more is the wheel in Arthur's Quay there?

How long more is the wheel in Arthur's Quay there?

Till 21st April.

https://twitter.com/limerick_ie/status/1108686188385308673?s=21

They should leave it there. Looks cool.

They should leave it there. Looks cool.

I don’t get why they have it for 6 weeks then take it away two weeks before Riverfest. I know it takes up space that’s used for Riverfest but surely they could fit it in.

I don’t get why they have it for 6 weeks then take it away two weeks before Riverfest. I know it takes up space that’s used for Riverfest but surely they could fit it in.

Good chance its's booked for somewhere else where it will make more money. Wouldn't be worth the owners while leaving it in the same spot for that long. The novelty will soon wear off.

I like this pic of it. Not mine of course. Spotted it on a Limerick FB page.

53926381_10218706254916837_5804728582072696832_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=32ba356cf14c00f5644e5857584e79c6&oe=5D0851DE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Lovely stuff, will get a go on it when I'm eventually not up the walls with college!

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

Are there any bookmakers on Nicholas street? Or where is the closest? Google maps says there is a Bamburys but i believe this is closed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Isnt there a boylesports?

anyone know what time fastway deliver ??( general timeframe i know the others what time they do fsatway are a law to themselves) its a parcel i stuff ordered sun night ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭chicorytip

anyone know what time fastway deliver ??( general timeframe i know the others what time they do fsatway are a law to themselves) its a parcel i stuff ordered sun night ??

I think they deliver during standard business hours, 9a.m. - 5 p.m. The manner in which they tend to deliver items can be unorthodox at times particularly if the recipient is not at home when they call - packages thrown over the garden wall or left with the neighbours. That kind of thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Fastway are a bloody nightmare. I had to go to the depot in search of my parcel. They denied all knowledge of ever having seen it, until I spotted it sticking out from under the desk, where it had been dumped.

The left a parcel under my car before. They put a note in the door telling me but seriously, UNDER MY CAR! Good thing I spotted the note and that it was actually my car as they had a choice of 2 cars in the drive at the time.

The left a parcel under my car before. They put a note in the door telling me but seriously, UNDER MY CAR! Good thing I spotted the note and that it was actually my car as they had a choice of 2 cars in the drive at the time.

ya i know they are ****e but i didnt know till the end it was them that were delivering it. & went crap. it was clothes i was ordering. Had to do the same before go to depot in ballysimon.

ya i know they are ****e but i didnt know till the end it was them that were delivering it. & went crap. it was clothes i was ordering. Had to do the same before go to depot in ballysimon.

Mine was shoes and I didn't know it was going to be Fastway either when I ordered them. They have to be the worst courier company ever.

Mine was shoes and I didn't know it was going to be Fastway either when I ordered them. They have to be the worst courier company ever.

anyone else one would have done but fastway.

wonder will it be here tmw nothing showing on tracking number yet.

anyone else one would have done but fastway.

wonder will it be here tmw nothing showing on tracking number yet.

Mine was Littlewoods. I ended up having to ring them to see if my parcel had been sent because like that, tracking was telling me nothing. They weren't what you'd call helpful either :mad:

Mine was Littlewoods. I ended up having to ring them to see if my parcel had been sent because like that, tracking was telling me nothing. They weren't what you'd call helpful either :mad:

one of them boohoo or pretything mine is. better come or i will get killed

one of them boohoo or pretything mine is. better come or i will get killed

If nothing happens by tomorrow lunchtime, I'd chance giving them a ring and asking if it's been sent.
    Don't bother ringing Fastway because the number on their website doesn't actually work!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

If nothing happens by tomorrow lunchtime, I'd chance giving them a ring and asking if it's been sent. Don't bother ringing Fastway because the number on their website doesn't actually work!

They cant leave a parcel at your property without you signing for it unless you have signed an authority to leave form.

• Advertisement

If nothing happens by tomorrow lunchtime, I'd chance giving them a ring and asking if it's been sent.
    Don't bother ringing Fastway because the number on their website doesn't actually work!

It arrived in Dublin hub 01.15 & drives loaded it in Southwest hub @ 09.15 so it's out for delivery prob.now.

Advertisement