Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did Gemma O Doherty go batshyt crazy?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭1641

biko wrote: »
    Both articles references a facebook conversation between Ingrid and some fellow named Bo where Ingrid asked Bo to supply his evidence for the holocaust as Ingrid means there is too much blurred info and she wants all the evidence to be laid out.
    Bo references a mail conversation that we don't get to read.

I feel there is something weird about their conversation since in my opinion there is lots of evidence for the Holocaust.
    Imo she isn't denying it happened, she has her doubts how it happened, or did actually 6 million die?
    Kinda like we don't actually know how many died in Soviet "labour" camps, but that's not a problem discussing.
    6 million have been mentioned there too but other reports state 2.3 to 17.6 million.

Either way, I don't think Gemma has even discussed the Holocaust so no, that's not a similarity. Did you think it was?

Because of the overall evidence the outright denial of anything like the Holocaust is rare. Instead the deniers couch it other terms, such as
    minimising the numbers,

minimizing the intent,

drawing moral equivalancies with other terrible events in the war (like the bombing of Dresden/Hamburg, the forced evacuation of Germans from East Prussia, etc),

refer to it mockingly in what they term "humour",

querying relatively minor details as a way to discredit the whole, etc.

Of course the exact numbers will never be known - the SS destroyed as much documentation as they could. Historians continue to go over the details - this is perfectly legit. But the deniers are generally not historians or, where they are, have another agenda, eg David Irving. Some did go so far as establish a pseudo-academic journal "the Journal of Historical Review" to publish their pseudo "research".

The knowledge of how many died in the Soviet camps is even more difficult. Before the fall of the Soviet Union there was no access to records (at least with the defeat of Germany there was greater access there). There was a window of partial opportunity after that but that was increasingly been closed off under Putin - who, of course, has an agenda to minimise it. Establishing the numbers who died in the various Chinese famines, purges and repressions under Mao is even more difficult for obvious reasons.

So, yes, legitimate research in any of these matters is fine. The Holocaust deniers are not interested in legitimate research - just minimisation and relativation.

As regards any similarity with Gemma, it was you who introduced the comparison, not me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Just out of curiosity has anybody here, who defend Gemma, deleted their Netflix account on her recommendation to do so?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

humberklog wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity has anybody here, who defend Gemma, deleted their Netflix account on her recommendation to do so?

Why is she against Netflix?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,938 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

They promote gayness.

Life ain't always empty.

Yep. Strangely suggesting with a hint of insistence that her followers should unsubscribe from their service.

I had never considered Pompousness to be a mental illness but I'm starting to question that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

It’s part of the Unicorn Industrial Complex.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Gemma has never denied the holocaust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

That was biko who compared her to a Swedish holocaust denier.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,852 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

https://honestreporting.com/award-winning-irish-journalist-tweets-antisemitic-conspiracy/
    She has tweeted anti semitic things in the past

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

You've set a really low bar...

• Advertisement

Disgusting calumny

gmisk wrote: »

Honest reporting - defending Israel from Media Bias.
    Great source - really foist rate.

gmist you are clearly incapable of evaluating sources.

Corrie Verdict: Time Magazine Slays Objectivity

Rachel Corrie 101

Irish senate

Kitty Holland

batgoat wrote: »
    You've set a really low bar...
    Not as low as accusing someone of 'holocaust' denial.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,852 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Honest reporting - defending Israel from Media Bias.
    Great source - really foist rate.

gmist you are clearly incapable of evaluating sources.

Corrie Verdict: Time Magazine Slays Objectivity

Rachel Corrie 101

Irish senate

Kitty Holland
    My point was she tweeted that on December 7th 2018, the article it links to is IMO anti semitic.
    https://redice.tv/news/richard-von-coudenhove-kalergi-and-the-genocide-of-the-european-peoples

And it is gmisk not gmist.
    Foist rate?
    Absolute gibberish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

She wasn't accused of holocaust denial... She does engage in constant antisemitism on her twitter though.

I watched Schindler's List on Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭1641

In fairness, when biko compared her to Ingrid Carlqvist I don't think he was aware of Carqvist's journeys into Holocaust denial.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,018 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Why the scare quotes?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

KikiLaRue wrote: »
    This is so true.

I lived in a Muslim country for years. When people ask me what Muslims are like I always say they were more concerned with what grades their kids were getting in school and how to get them to eat their vegetables than anything else as far as I could see.

I lived and worked in the East End of London for many years. My experience of Muslims was the same - many of them reminded me of Irish Catholics, especially around Ramadam when grown adults would be hiding from their Mammies to have a quick smoke and a cup of coffee. Ah, I thought as Ali hide behind me filing cabinet with a large coffee in the middle of the day. A la carte Muslims. Come Lent Fergus would be hiding behind the same filing cabinet eating chocolate. :p

Muslim women joking about how handy the whole burqua thing was when you just wanted go to the shop for a pint of milk - sure you could pop it on over your PJ's and no one would know.

Some of the Iman's were a-holes, but most were grand. They stepped in at my request when I discovered a Bengali man was violent towards his wife and protected her.
    TBH, I had more issues with the local Catholic priest who was continually on some kind of power trip - I quickly learned there was zero point asking him for help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Muslim women joking about how handy the whole burqua thing was when you just wanted go to the shop for a pint of milk - sure you could pop it on over your PJ's and no one would know.

This reminds me of a Muslim comic illustrator I follow on Instagram called "Yes I'm hot in this". :pac:

She illustrates what life is like for Muslims in America.

Spoiler: They're regular people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

• Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

theguzman wrote: »
    hunger for Alt-Right media driven by the MSM going full Marxist.

Did the media go pro-Shinner since I was asleep? Have the media corporations stopped caring about profits and handed over the means of production to their workers?

I've seen a lot of stupid but that takes the cake.

Did the media go pro-Shinner since I was asleep? Have the media corporations stopped caring about profits and handed over the means of production to their workers?

I've seen a lot of stupid but that takes the cake.

Did you not get the memo? Everything to the left of completely bat**** nutjob rightwing is considered marxist these days.

Not sure if this has been posted yet but this is a flyer from Gemma doing the rounds. The two people she mentions as authorities are 'interesting'.

ahffs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,018 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

200 billion transmitting objects by 2020 - jebus, they'd want to get a move on! (Er... that's apparently 28 smart objects per person on the planet. Seems a bit excessive?

Is there really a market for smart hairbrushes?

I needed a good laugh...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

"stop this genocide".

lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

TJJP wrote: »

"A hotel is said to have cancelled an event for a new party led by the failed presidential candidate Gemma O’Doherty".

Burned her on the first sentence ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Online nappies. Full of sh!t, literally

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

There's a woman going around locally putting up those pages in Cafes. My usual cafe wouldn't let her put it up thankfully.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement