Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did Gemma O Doherty go batshyt crazy?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭KikiLaRue

I'm happy to see that since this morning there has been a small drop in her following from 24.8k to 24.7k. I think anyone following her just to keep track of the madness or for a laugh or whatever should unfollow today to send a clear message.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

I take she explained what the signs of a false flag are. This sh!t is getting depressingly predictable, someone started a thread about what the 2010’s will be remembered for, this is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,849 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

francois wrote: »
    I'll go with the latter-She's seen how to monetise hate. She needs to make a bit of cash now that she is unemployable.
    Looks like there is a hashtag starting to trend #deletegemma
    Lets hope she goes the way of that tit Paddy Manning.
    His stunt going to the twitter head office in Dublin demanding a meeting with the CEO was comedy gold, what a clown.

snip>
    Ok.......:rolleyes:

Where are you getting all this information from?
    Dare I ask....

Never mind you can ignore I have read your other posts, I will leave you off.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

snip>
    Go get help before you hurt yourself or someone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

gmisk wrote: »
    Lets hope she goes the way of that tit Paddy Manning.
    His stunt going to the twitter head office in Dublin demanding a meeting with the CEO was comedy gold, what a clown.

No, it was cringeworthy. It wasn't even original. It was copying GO'D's previous stunt, "occupying" google HQ the day before her YouTube ban expired. "The Garda Armed Response Unit are here!" - camera pans to a bemused looking Garda on a bike...

No, it was cringeworthy. It wasn't even original. It was copying GO'D's previous stunt, "occupying" google HQ the day before her YouTube ban expired. "The Garda Armed Response Unit are here!" - camera pans to a bemused looking Garda on a bike...
    True true.

Though for me Paddy Manning will always be that odd man standing protesting against the marriage referendum with a large orange sign and the words "GAY MAN".
    Bizarre individual.
    https://twitter.com/PantiBliss/status/601074872245166080

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭Maurice Yeltsin

She isnt unhinged or crazy. She is deliberately hatemongering to make profit from the death of 49 people. I hope the Cork Hotels she is supposed to speak at do cancel her bookings. This isnt a free speech issue. She is deliberately causing hatred to be unleashed.

It absolutely is a free speech issue. Freedom of expression should be allowed to all unless they are actively promoting violence or the advancement of totalitarian, undemocratic government. Let her spread her nonsense to her hearts content- the amount of people actively influenced by her is in the low thousands if even that. Few if any of them are contributing members of our society. Indeed, after they failed to support her presidential run she seems to have swept up plenty of former PBP AAA types who somehow never previously realised the parties views on immigration and Islam were so wildly at odds with their own.

If Gemma O'Doherty wants to preach conspiracy theories to a handful of jobshy wasters let her knock herself out. It's precisely by giving the likes of Paul Murphy and Ruth Coppinger "enough rope" that over 98 percent of the population see them for the morons that they are. Same rule applies to Gemma. She's a comedian and I enjoy reading her ramblings for the lolz. If you find her content offensive it's your own fault for taking her seriously rather than what she is, a comedy act.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

^ Naive in the extreme.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

It absolutely is a free speech issue. Freedom of expression should be allowed to all unless they are actively promoting violence or the advancement of totalitarian, undemocratic government. Let her spread her nonsense to her hearts content- the amount of people actively influenced by her is in the low thousands if even that. Few if any of them are contributing members of our society. Indeed, after they failed to support her presidential run she seems to have swept up plenty of former PBP AAA types who somehow never previously realised the parties views on immigration and Islam were so wildly at odds with their own.

If Gemma O'Doherty wants to preach conspiracy theories to a handful of jobshy wasters let her knock herself out. It's precisely by giving the likes of Paul Murphy and Ruth Coppinger "enough rope" that over 98 percent of the population see them for the morons that they are. Same rule applies to Gemma. She's a comedian and I enjoy reading her ramblings for the lolz. If you find her content offensive it's your own fault for taking her seriously rather than what she is, a comedy act.

And yet G'OD blocks anyone who doesn't agree with her on FB & Twitter :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,006 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Any reference to this ville evil piece of excrement should be wiped from each and every media source.
    If her and her ilks poison affects even one susceptible idiot, it's a reason alone to counter this "free speech" argument.

^ Naive in the extreme.

Naive how? Her content is funny and is not to be taken seriously. The people she influences can't get a job never mind lead a revolution. If anything people like Coppinger and Murphy are far more dangerous, they seek to influence public policy, non platform people, lead a campaign that drove George Hook out of a job and the rugby lads out of the country. They are the real danger. Gemma doesn't even have a coherent manifesto, just vague ramblings about corruption and RTE.

Do you think Gemma's racism and transphobia are funny? The 1970s called and want Bernard Manning's audience member back.

Naive to think that you can give as much oxygen to these arseholes and people will see them for what they are. Most will, but the more publicity these arseholes get the more support they will get.

Remember when Trump and Brexit were regarded as laughable notions that could never happen?

Oh and George Hook has nobody to blame but himself. Victim blaming and victim shaming should never be acceptable.

Life ain't always empty.

And yet G'OD blocks anyone who doesn't agree with her on FB & Twitter :pac:

Par for the course for most anti establishment types.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,006 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Naive how? Her content is funny and is not to be taken seriously. The people she influences can't get a job never mind lead a revolution. If anything people like Coppinger and Murphy are far more dangerous, they seek to influence public policy, non platform people, lead a campaign that drove George Hook out of a job and the rugby lads out of the country. They are the real danger. Gemma doesn't even have a coherent manifesto, just vague ramblings about corruption and RTE.

Funny????

No.

To be taken seriously.

Absolutely.

She's a hateful spiteful evil person for the message she spreads.

Do you think racism and transphobia are funny? The 1970s called and want Bernard Manning's audience member back.

I think her unicorn conspiracy is funny, yes. Transphobia is a bit of a subjective term tbh.

Remember when Trump and Brexit were regarded as laughable notions that could never happen?

You seem to have a problem with democracy.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Funny????

No.

To be taken seriously.

Absolutely.

She's a hateful spiteful evil person for the message she spreads.

She is funny. She appeals to a permanently angry rage against the machine freeman on the land type. She is light hearted comic relief and by getting so worked up about her rather than laughing at the content you are truly giving her too much credit.

I'd actually like to see her in the Dail as an independent. For the lolz.

She is funny. She appeals to a permanently angry rage against the machine freeman on the land type. She is light hearted comic relief and by getting so worked up about her rather than laughing at the content you are truly giving her too much credit.

There's a lot of legitimately good comedy out there. Gemma does not fall into this category.

KikiLaRue wrote: »
    There's a lot of legitimately good comedy out there. Gemma does not fall into this category.

Deliberately, of course not. But I am baffled as to how someone can be offended by her posts, rather than enjoying them for their comic qualities.

You seem to have a problem with democracy.

Whooooooosh.

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

She said the murder of fifty people was a false flag... That is not funny. YouTube and twitter are under the no obligation to host her content. They are private businesses so not a freedom of speech issue.

batgoat wrote: »
    She said the murder of fifty people was a false flag... That is not funny. YouTube and twitter are under the no obligation to host her content. They are private businesses so not a freedom of speech issue.

She's entirely entitled to her demented batshyt opinion. As long as she doesn't go harassing victims calling them crisis actors it should be treated as the comedic sideshow that it is.

No, youtube isn't duty bound to host her, but they host thousands of videos on other daft conspiracies so why wouldn't they. How exactly is Gemma talking nonsense affecting you personally?

Legislate against these people and you only make it look like they have legitimate views that the government want to silence. Give them every platform available to make a fool of themselves publicly.

She's entirely entitled to her demented batshyt opinion. As long as she doesn't go harassing victims calling them crisis actors it should be treated as the comedic sideshow that it is.

No, youtube isn't duty bound to host her, but they host thousands of videos on other daft conspiracies so why wouldn't they. How exactly is Gemma talking nonsense affecting you personally?

Legislate against these people and you only make it look like they have legitimate views that the government want to silence. Give them every platform available to make a fool of themselves publicly.

Stuff that effects society ultimately impacts me.

People who are telling brazen lies should be held accountable.

Probably my last word on the issue.

If her content upsets you, rather than makes you laugh, I feel sorry for you. That you can take such nonsense seriously is just baffling to me. She's the funniest thing on Facebook and long may she reign.

Probably my last word on the issue.

Bet it won't be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Whenever I read someone posting in the style Maurice Yeltsin currently is, this quote springs to mind:

Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors.

They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."

That Sartre quote is from 1944, 75 years ago, and has never been more true than over the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So having read back a few pages it seems gemma did her usual carry on, but I checked on twitter myself to report that tweet but it seems like it's gone. She is retweeting that eijit Dinesh d'souza after he tweeted some rubbish relating to the shootings in Christchurch earlier today. Also, I don't think she has mental health issues, I just think she is a ****stirrer who has found a niche for her ramblings and conspiracy theories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Billy86 wrote: »
    Whenever I read someone posting in the style Maurice Yeltsin currently is, this quote springs to mind:

Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors.

They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."

That Sartre quote is from 1944, 75 years ago, and has never been more true than over the last few years.

It is a conscious tactic used by current Neo-Nazis as a recruiting tool - see also the style guide used by open white supremacist Andrew Anglin to guide his followers on how to present themselves and their propoganda in a way that lets them keep repeating their key points while avoiding being too visibly extremist until they've sufficiently indoctrinated their targets.

mP8lk5B.png

KR7NT00.png

Pe2w6kn.png

aQeJTTx.png

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/daily-stormer-nazi-style-guide_us_5a2ece19e4b0ce3b344492f2

Once you are aware of the tactic it becomes very easy to spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

francois wrote: »

The same was posted on Facebook, I reported it, but it doesn't violate Facebook's standards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I suppose the good thing about today ensures that she will never be elected to public office. She'll always just be some twisted hateful tweeter from now on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement