Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fox hunting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Clearly this wasn’t just a drag hunt. The hounds learned that behavior from somewhere and some other poor animals must have been seriously injured if not killed for them to learn it. If it were my dogs that had been killed a court date would be the very least I’d be demanding.

Yes It was a "Drag Hunt" - look up the news reports even if you believe no one else. Many types of dog will attack other dogs on occasion. **** happens. It was unfortunate but do Stop trying to make ideological missiles out of an unfortunate incident. Btw your not the first on boards to do same and to come a cropper on this story btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

John_Rambo wrote: »
    You must have had excellent teachers! :D

The best, I got a very varied education :D

Oh it hasnt, I am only looking after the father farm, I am teaching as a day job. 22 hours a week and summers off, t'is the life. I am off to bed. night night

Good night Skooterblue. We'll find common ground and have a good chat some eve :)

Keep up the good work and your dad is lucky to have you to take over.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Sheepdish1

Could a pole be created on this thread? I would be interested to see what percentage of people would vote for a ban on fox hunting

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭anewme

gozunda wrote: »
    Yes It was a "Drag Hunt" - look up the news reports even if you believe no one else. Many types of dog will attack other dogs on occasion. **** happens. It was unfortunate but do Stop trying to make ideological missiles out of an unfortunate incident. Btw your not the first on boards to do same and to come a cropper on this story btw.

Ahh im sure the dogs owner gets your explanation that **** happens.

The fact that there was an uncontrolled of dogs out that killed a defenceless pet in its own home where it shoud be safe is just unfortunate.

Do you think the ssme of the pack that entered a cat sanctuary and killed 60 cats.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/cats-hunt-fox-hounds-deer-sussex-hastings-celia-hammond-a8151911.html

Unfortunate?

• Advertisement

mulbot wrote: »
    But your argument doesn't make sense. You can't compare an animal being killed on the road by accident or an event in nature, to the deliberate targeting of a wild animal by a houndpack directed by a group of people on horseback.

Yes that's where your argument fails. Wildlife gets killed indiscriminately by people all the time. And no one gives a sh1te. But hey bring in hounds to disperse wildlife or to take out a problematic predator as requested by a landowner and all hell breaks loose. Why is that? You do know that a lot of hunting is done on foot with hounds - So I gather your ok with that then?
    And the deliberate targeting by shooters etc is also ok as well? It's just the horses you have a problem with - yeah? What is it you hate about horses?

anewme wrote: »
    Ahh im sure the dogs owner gets your explanation that **** happens.The fact that there was an uncontrolled of dogs out that killed a defenceless pet in its own home where it shoud be safe is just unfortunate.Do you think the ssme of the pack that entered a cat sanctuary and killed 60 cats.
    Unfortunate?

As in every other news story where a dog attacked another dog - god forbid anyone would make hay out of it. Maybe you should get on to the gardai to report your outrage at said incident instead of banging on about it on the internet?

Thd Bray Harriers Drag Hunt 'killed' 60 cats??? Stop the hyperbole ffs - that really is some amount of bs and exaggeration. Its a story from England where 60 cats were declared 'missing' after some hounds ran riot.

Police statement "The huntmaster apologised to the property owner, and there has been no report of any injury or damage or of any criminal offence being committed.”

Different sport and not relevent. I have nothing to do with coursing or grey hound racing. Totally different breed of people are interested in the two sports.

:rolleyes:

As in every other news story where a dog attacked another dog - god forbid anyone would make hay out of it. Maybe you should get on to the gardai to report your outrage at said incident instead of banging on about it on the internet?

Theres just not one incident, there are dozens.

Its not a dog attacking another dog, its a trained pack demolishing a single defenceless pet in front of its owner. The fact you defend this incident or think the owner should be appeased by the hallow apology shows how little empsthy you feel for someone whose dog is a family member as opposed to a hunt dog, just a tool.

I oppose hunting in any way, shape or form and never claim otherwise.

Your response shows you have run out of excuses.

No one was blaming the cats either, they were blaming your parents.

For the record I think fox hunting should be banned, equally so should allowing cats to roam. Dog owners are held accountable for damage to property, wildlife and persons. Cats should be no different. Your post is very hypocritical.

What about the hunt that killed cats in a cat sanctuary?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/cats-hunt-fox-hounds-deer-sussex-hastings-celia-hammond-a8151911.html

Fault of those setting it up there as a hunt could come through.

• Advertisement

Ahh im sure the dogs owner gets your explanation that **** happensThe fact that there was an uncontrolled of dogs out that killed a defenceless pet in its own home where it shoud be safe is just unfortunate.Do you think the ssme of the pack that entered a cat sanctuary and killed 60 cats.

Away and fek with that rubbish. Go and report said incident again to the Gardai which happened during a drag hunt in Bray in 2013!. There wasnt even a conviction! And then for bonus points you then start on about '60' cats in england which went missing* (not 'killed' btw') and where hunting is banned funnily enough and its trail hunting now. That's enough bolloxology tbh.
    *"The huntmaster apologised to the property owner, and there has been no report of any injury or damage or of any criminal offence being committed.”

Away and fek with your rubbish. Go and report said incident again to the Gardai which happened during drag hunt in Bray in 2013!. There wasnt even a conviction! And then for bonus points you then start on about '60' cats in england which went missing where hunting is banned funnily enough and its trail hunting now. That's enough bolloxology tbh.

Because any questions or queries are just ballixology.

And once an apology issues, sure its all great. Sure feck the pets killed, just get another, the hunt is a greater power so be grateful with an apology.

Nope, not buying the bull****, or the deflection.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

The antis for fox hunting always reach for the old gem that shooting a fox is the best solution with a problem predator.
    The trouble here is the only experience most antis have of shooting is watching James Bond with his one shot one kill television bullsh1t.
    I've seen people fire guns and they wouldn't hit a hayshed if they were standing inside it.give them boys a live target and 9 times out of 10 they will maim the animal with a gut shot and it could be days suffering.or worse they will shoot it with a shotgun out of range and just dust it with pellets.
    How many of the same antis eat meat I wonder without ever having been in a factory and seeing the animals being dispatched and butchered?
    It goes back to the James Bond theory again here that they were shot and never felt a thing.its all boll1x.of course they feel something.they are shot or stunned with a captive bolt gun and yes they kick and move about after while being chained and hung up before being bled.but someone else does the dirty work here for the antis and they can feel good buying a steak in a nice little package because the magic bullet did the trick in their own mind.

Because any questions or queries are just ballixology.

If you really think anything under hand went on - then report it. You seem to be an expert.

If you really think anything under hand went on - then report it. You seem to be an expert.

I dont need to report it. Ive read it thanks to others honest reporting.

And Court Reports.

The Bray Hunt did not get too much sympathy there.

I note your lack of empathy toward the pet owner. Sure they shoukd be grateful with an apology.

So you know it was a Drag Hunt (no hunting whatsoever) and It would appear to have been an unfortunate and sad accident. And there wasn't even a conviction. So what's your point making milage about a news story nothing to do with any fox hunting whatsoever. your exaggeration is noted btw.

I don't need to. Dullards and cowards.

I would have expected better from fox hunters on this thread. Some form of coherent argument. There really is a coherent argument though.

I can't wait for the day fox hunting is banned and its taken away from you.

It is going to be banned. You will have to get your jollies from somewhere else.
    I'll come and smile at you if you want on that day.

There's no fear that fox hunting will be banned on the Emerald Isle.its currently being promoted through tourism with a lot of English and American riders partaking in it.
    Hunt on my friends.tallyho

So you know it was a Drag Hunt and It would appear to have been an unfortunate accident. And there wasn't even a conviction. So what's your point making milage about a news story nothing to do with any fox hunting whatsoever. The exaggeration is noted btw.

Stop trying to deflect.

An out of control pack of dogs, under the respondibility of a pack of hunters, trespassed on a familys land and tore apart their pet dog in front of them.

But this is nothing more than an unfortunate accident in your eyes snd you are making little of it and their upset.

To some people, pets just cant be replaced by a new one and there exists an emotional bond.

Id not see it that way if it were my dog, nor should I.

There's no fear that fox hunting will be banned on the Emerald Isle.its currently being promoted through tourism with a lot of English and American riders partaking in it.

Not sure thats the case to be honest.

The greyhound racing industry is on the verge of collapse snd this cant be far behind.

If you would like - go set up thread about said incident - please do so and report it to the gardai or whatever your outraged by. No hunting or 'hunters' btw. It was a DRAG PACK.

In the meantime stop tying to milk something nothing to do with the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,941 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

What about the hunt that killed cats in a cat sanctuary?

Fault of those setting it up there as a hunt could come through.

I'm not sure what your point is. I don't know anything about this particular organisation but I'm sure you are aware that not all animal charities are equal. If the hunt was trespassing its obvious who was at fault but your link states the cats were free to roam in nearby woodland ie not the property of the scantuary. Personally I would not support an organisation that allowed their wards to roam it is irresponsible and not keeping within the welfare needs of the animals in its care. I've never heard of any rescues in this country that do not contain their cats on their own property.

Nope - afaik greyhound racing has just got new investment and fair play to them. But then again that's got absolutely nothing to do with the thread has it :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I don't need to. Dullards and cowards.

I would have expected better from fox hunters on this thread. Some form of coherent argument. There really is a coherent argument though.

I can't wait for the day fox hunting is banned and its taken away from you.

It is going to be banned. You will have to get your jollies from somewhere else.
    I'll come and smile at you if you want on that day.

Fear is a interesting word. Do you fear it being taken away from you. It's happening as we speak by the way.

There is not one coherent argument for it to be allowed ie. This thread.

Fear is a interesting word. Do you fear it being taken away from you. It's happening as we speak by the way. There is not one coherent argument for it to be allowed ie. This thread.

Nope. Just a load of hot air and hyperbole apparently. I reckon you havn't read any of the genuine posts in the thread obviously. But hey there you go ...

Nope - afaik greyhound racing has just got new investment and fair play to them. But then again that's got absolutely nothing to do with the thread has it

If you think ts a thriving industry, then think again.

Irush greyhounds boiled alive in China when past it, no thanks.

Not me who brought it up so msybe direct yourself there.

Its stil dying on its feet though.

If you would like - go set up thread about said incident - please do so and report it to the gardai or whatever your outraged by. No hunting or 'hunters' btw. It was a DRAG PACK.

In the meantime stop tying to milk something nothing to do with the thread.

Its a thread about hunts and uncontrolled packs riding over the rights of others.

What exactly gives you the right to cross out my words as if my opinion does not count.?

Fear is a interesting word. Do you fear it being taken away from you. It's happening as we speak by the way.

The arrogance of the person actually drawing a line through my posts, as if my opnions are less valid than theirs is quite simply brazen neck astounding and sums up the whole thing.

Note: post now edited where lines were drawn through my opinions. Question remains to Poster: what right did you have to draw lines through my opinions.

If it's happening as we speak I must have been daydreaming on St. Stephen's Day when one of the biggest hunt fields passed through my village with several foot and car followers many of which had English registrations.our local hunt are out 3 days a week in season and are positively thriving

Lol. Because its clear those comments had nothing to do with actual hunting. End of ...

• Advertisement

Not sure thats the case to be honest.

The greyhound racing industry is on the verge of collapse snd this cant be far behind.

You want to tell that to the boys in shelbourne park on derby final night.impossible to get a ticket its that packed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement