Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fox hunting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭anewme

gozunda wrote: »
    Ah would ye fekoff. Nothing gets 'ripped apart" unless it's dead - no more than those smashed on roads. No babies - foxes when hunted in winter only and only when land owners ask. Agree humans are destructive barstewarsds. Amount of wildlife killed on riads is appalling. However fox populations here are doing very well btw. Funny that. In the UK after the ban they are being decimated.

Yes they do.

Here's what happened to one family dog who got in the way.

Are you saying the court is lying.?

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/wicklowpeople/news/family-dog-killed-by-pack-of-hunt-hounds-30942744.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭VeryTerry

News to me because I am always buying fish on Friday

Do you think McGuinness was out on a trawler?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Marengo wrote: »
    No knowledge. Your just a puppet with no knowledge of history, ethics, philosophy, politics. Do you actually know anything bar calling people 'Shinner' and speaking about knee cappings? Is that all you've got?

You're IQ must be.. No need to speculate.

"Your" dear, if you must can you use the Queens English please.

VeryTerry wrote: »
    Do you think McGuinness was out on a trawler?

That was not the reference, it was something else.

That was not the reference, it was something else.

What was it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

What you gonna do? Knee cap me, Derry style?

I see you're talking about winter milking. Typical flat land dairy farmer. Ye're as soft as sh*te.

I'm a farmer in land above 1,000ft where the air is 4c colder. None of ye low land boys would cut it up here.

Ye're all oul blue shirts who think ye're big shots driving around in 4x4s. Manys a time on a sports field I went through ye like a knife through butter.

#soft #never did anything for the country's independence

You probably don't have an iPhone that changes practically every word.

#soft fat dairy farmer

What was it?

"The Fisherman" was the top informant for MI5 in Sinn Fein. It was rumoured to be Martin McGuinness. The file is sealed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

A lot of West Brit, Anglophile wannabe about the whole charade.

Was Daniel O'Connel who liked his hunting a 'west brit', are Kerry beagles British ? Was Cú Chulainn a feckin vegan? Absolute rubbish spread by english antis and others who are still telling the Irish what to do nearly a hundred years after independence ... Hunt on boys and ignore the shinners ..

Get off your horse fox chasing and do a bit of exercise to harden you up. I can feel the middle age spread from here blueshirt.

• Advertisement

You probably don't have an iPhone that changes practically every word.

#soft fat dairy farmer

So looking forward to a lecture on Capitalism from someone on an iPhone.

Was Daniel O'Connel a 'west brit', are Kerry beagles British ? Was Cú Chulainn a feckin vegan? Absolute rubbish spread by English antis who are still telling the Irish what to do nearly a hundred years after independence ....

Skooterblue is one though.

Daniel O'Connell was a shrewd politician. His family kept close to the English to keep Derrynane. Not many Catholic families held such estates.

anewme wrote: »
    Yes they do.
    Here's what happened to one family dog who got in the way.Are you saying the court is lying.?
    https://www.independent.ie/regionals/wicklowpeople/news/family-dog-killed-by-pack-of-hunt-hounds-30942744.html

You have to be having a laugh

The Bray Harriers Hunt? It's a freekin drag hunt. No foxes are hunted. A once off accident. How many foxes get smashed by fookers in cars?

I'm a very country man. I'm no D4 telling country people how to live.

But fox hunting... No. Take up something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 anthony777

'And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.' KJV - Genesis Chapter 1, Verse 25.

God will have the last say on how we have treated His animals. Good luck with that folks...

So looking forward to a lecture on Capitalism from someone on an iPhone.

You won't get it here. I couldn't be ars*d.

Was Daniel O'Connel a 'west brit', are Kerry beagles British ? Was Cú Chulainn a feckin vegan? Absolute rubbish spread by English antis who are still telling the Irish what to do nearly a hundred years after independence ....

Daniel O'Connell was the definition of a West Brit. He never wanted Ireland to leave. He only wanted Home Rule.

The Bray Harriers Hunt? It's a freekin drag hunt. No foxes are hunted. A once off accident. How many foxes get smashed by fookers in cars?

What would you find funny or having a laugh about.?

A family pet was savaged by an out of control baying hunt. What's funny or having a laugh here.?

That's not an accident.

Its not a one off either, Google is your friend you can see how many family pets have fallen foul to hunts. Lot of "accidents"

It's a long list.

So cats should not be out, even in their own land in a sanctuary, a tiny dog savaged in front of its owner is "an accident"

Its clear the dog owner did not see it that way. Nor should he.

Lots of lame excuses.

Daniel O'Connell was the definition of a West Brit. He never wanted Ireland to leave. He only wanted Home Rule.

Absolute bull****e. Daniel O'Connel was an Irish patriot. Unless it doesn't suit the politics of some. I absolutely love the new Irish Politics which take into account the opinions of english Antis telling the Irish what to do ...

Couldn't make it up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

As someone who used to hunt, reckless behaviour and absolute disregard for containing the hunt to the bounds of land they have permission to be on is rampant. And that example is definitely not a once off example of bad behaviour, two minutes of googling and i found

This

this

and this

and those are just from one news site, while they might not all involve the killing of an animal that was not the fox (of which i know of at least two more cases), they're all instances of trespassing, now unless the law has changed in the last 5 minutes, trespassing is still a tort.

EDIT - here's one involving a pet

• Advertisement

anewme wrote: »
    What would you find funny or having a laugh about.? A family pet was savaged by an out of control baying hunt. What's funny or having a laugh here.?That's not an accident.Its not a one off either, Google is your friend you can see how many family pets have fallen foul to hunts. Lot of "accidents"It's a long list.So cats should not be out, even in their own land in a sanctuary, a tiny dog savaged in front of its owner is "an accident"Its clear the dog owner did not see it that way. Nor should he.
    Lots of lame excuses.

You know what a drag hunt is? Or do I have to explain no foxes are hunted. Pets and domestic animals get smashed on roads all the time but I see no complaints from the like of youse. Typical hypocritical bs from English inspired anti rubbish. The drag hunt apologised. More than most motorists would bother doing ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

You know what a drag hunt is? Or do I have to explain no foxes are hunted. Pets and domestic animals get smashed on roads all the time but I see no complaints from the like of youse. Typical hypocritical bs from English inspired anti rubbish. The drag hunt apologised. More than most motorists would bother doing ffs.

The difference is that the motorist who knocks down an animal loose on the road isn't breaking the law, the hunt is, and do you honestly think an apology is going to be ok to a family who just saw their beloved pet mauled to death?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭mulbot

People don't go out in their cars to purposely kill animals on the road for fun, seriously, what a rediculous argument that is.

Ahh, so once they apologised, that makes it all ok.

No it does not.

This Pet owner minded his little dog, it was not out in the road to be run over, so not sure where motorists are relevant.

Out of control hunt killed beloved family on its own property, not in any way a one off, keep making excuses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Fox hunting is specifically designed for cowards.

And complaining about the tiny number of foxes displaced or killed is for eejits.

Many many more are shot or killed on our roads. Where's the outcry? Their isn't. Yes the same anti crowd using hunting on horse back as a cause celebre to promote thrmselves. Wait until other crowds turn up demanding you can't drive your car or they don't want you eating whst ever you choose to eat & see how you like it.
    Haha

Your throwing siht against a wall hoping it sticks.

Time wrote: »
    As someone who used to hunt, reckless behaviour and absolute disregard for containing the hunt to the bounds of land they have permission to be on is rampant. And that example is definitely not a once off example of bad behaviour, two minutes of googling and i found
    Thisthisand thisand those are just from one news site, while they might not all involve the killing of an animal that was not the fox (of which i know of at least two more cases), they're all instances of trespassing, now unless the law has changed in the last 5 minutes, trespassing is still a tort.

Why are you on about. Are you and english anti or something?
    First story fox gets killed. It's legal. Unfortunate about being a garden
    Second story. Hounds with foot followers only.
    Third story. Some poor hound get smashed by train.
    Whats you freekin point?

Hunts with hounds horses or not generally ask landowners for permission. Do accidents happen - yes they do. Just like on with other animals. But hey that doesn't matter - because the bs propaganda.

the like of youse..

And therein lies your problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Fox hunting is specifically designed for cowards.

Hounds are cowards now are they? You'd better tell them so ... What about the feckers who mow down wildlife in their fancy cars? What about the eradication of vermin by pest control companies - is that all right by you - now that everyone has to ask your opinion?
    Nope. There's no responsibility on the hounds. Unless they are making the decision to go out hunting. Which there not.

The cowards are the humans. Which is explicit in the post.

Again your trying to throw **** against a wall, but none of it is sticking.

mulbot wrote: »
    People don't go out in their cars to purposely kill animals on the road for fun, seriously, what a rediculous argument that is.

And neither did the 'Bray Harriers ' they are a Drag Hunt. Do you understand what a Drag Hunt is?. Or do we have to explain that as well?

• Advertisement

Absolute bull****e. Daniel O'Connel was an Irish patriot. Unless it doesn't suit the politics of some. I absolutely love the new Irish Politics which take into account the opinions of english Antis telling the Irish what to do ...

Couldn't make it up :D

I didn't say he wasn't a patriot. He didn't want to leave the union though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement