Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fox hunting

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

Love to know what you could teach me about winter milking, seeing as how you dont do it yourself. Them nice fellas from the hunt left me a nice bottle of Connemara whisky this christmas in the hamper. Isnt it great to get on with your neighbours?

An bhfuil tú abalta an teanga a usaid? Táim cainte go bhfuil sé caillte agat Sasanach..

Beir bua duit an maidrín rua!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

gozunda wrote: »
    Rehomed greyhound? Can you be really certain? Greyhounds natural instinct are as a sight hound for small prey ...

Have you read the law regarding Greyhounds?

No she isn't a rehomed racer. She was dumped in Galway because she was too small to race.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

If you want rid of a fox that badly then a bullet is the quickest and most humane way to do it. There is absolutely no need to have it ripped apart.

Is it really? So when a landowner wants a specific fox removed - you say they are wrong?
    Hounds kill the exact same way as foxes do - quickly and efficiently. You got problem with that? And problem is shooting does not always hit the mark. Like hares and rabbits fox might only get torn up after death. Nice? No. But no different from wildlife smashed up by people. How many times do you need this explained?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Is it really? So when a landowner wants a specific fox removed - you say they are wrong?
    Hounds kill the exact same way as foxes do - quickly and efficiently. You got problem with that? And problem is shooting does not always hit the mark. Like hares and rabbits fox might only get torn up after death. Nice? No. But no different from wildlife smashed up by people.

How can it be quick when the fox is chased to the point of exhaustion?

There are Irishmen and Irish Women and there are a section of old FG Blueshirts. The later wanted/want to lose all Gaelic Irish traits. Their aspirations are those of the English gentry. Fox hunting for example.

You don't have to be a Shinner to recognise these lily livered traitors, without character, for what they are.

• Advertisement

Marengo wrote: »
    An old fat, useless county councillor no doubt. And your putting this person on a pedestal? County councillors are brain dead and a waste of tax payers money.Are you in the higher echelons of the IFA too? Another shower who feathered their own best and did sweet FA for ordinary farmers.
    For your information never voted SF and never voted FG blueshirt traitors.

So agist and body shaming sjw'er? Wow you are really an example to all the young people of this country ! Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

Are you and english anti or something?.

What does that even mean?

Discodog wrote: »

That's the bs anti rhetoric there. It's not. Hounds like foxes kill quickly and efficiently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

The oul ancestors in the RIC?

Wow I am impressed not quite but very close, on the fathers side we came over with Cromwells soldiers and were in EIT company there after. That is as far back as I can trace to Cromwells Census of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Hounds kill the exact same way as foxes do - quickly and efficiently. You got problem with that? And problem is shooting does not always hit the mark. Like hares and rabbits fox might only get torn up after death. Nice? No. But no different from wildlife smashed up by people. How many times do you need this explained?

You speak down to people as if the rest of us are ignorant gombeens.

But you excuse the horrific deaths of beloved family pets as "accidents"

Lack of empathy towards animals and how they feel pain.

• Advertisement

According to you there are lots of English extremists in Ireland & they are fairly noticible. But you can't show a shred of evidence to back that up.Where are the protests? Which hunt was attacked?

And you can't show otherwise dispite the copycat postings or dispute other posters confirming same. I asked you previously and you never answered - funnily enough.

Love to know what you could teach me about winter milking, seeing as how you dont do it yourself. Them nice fellas from the hunt left me a nice bottle of Connemara whisky this christmas in the hamper. Isnt it great to get on with your neighbours?

Winter milking, winter milking, you haven't a clue about hardship.

Drain 200 acres, and the rushes returning and drain again. Pick stone, ragwort, thistles constantly, fence in wetlands you can't travel by tractor walking 500m to 1000m carrying 10 stakes in your arms. That's only a start.. Jaysus I'd go through you like castor oil through shi*e! Putting a few oul machines on cows' udders.

As I said earlier the horse is getting the exercise with you, and you've a red snout from the 'Connemara' whiskey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭Hoboo

I have never seen a fox roll over for a dog!!!
    Sounds like a lot of BS to me.

I've seen it, and I've heard the denials. You lot are so full of sh1t, the ban is coming and you're grasping at straws.

Wow I am impressed not quite but very close, on the fathers side we came over with Cromwells soldiers and were in EIT company there after. That is as far back as I can trace to Cromwells Census of Ireland.

Planters stock.

Well I actually respect you more now. As fox hunting is your tradition, not being a wannabe.

An bhfuil tú abalta an teanga a usaid? Táim cainte go bhfuil sé caillte agat Sasanach..

Beir bua duit an maidrín rua!

yes I can read and speak that language. a waste of good class time teaching monkey language. I actually prefer the word Sionnach. I was a smart boy at school and still remember that smelly Irish teacher who was never introduced to a back of soap.

Hoboo wrote: »
    I've seen it, and I've heard the denials. You lot are so full of sh1t, the ban is coming and you're grasping at straws.

This is just so sad. Very very sad.

So agist and body shaming sjw'er? Wow you are really an example to all the young people of this country ! Well done.

Come off it with the PC.

We all know what use councillors are. Tits on a bull.

yes I can read and speak that language. a waste of good class time teaching monkey language. I actually prefer the word Sionnach. I was a smart boy at school and still remember that smelly Irish teacher who was never introduced to a back of soap.

Monkey language.

Go back to your mainland.. racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭Hoboo

You won't get anything but denial, sure the dogs tickle the fox to sleep. Post after post is ignoring fact and denial, you're dealing with inbreds.

You were a smart boy at school.. where did it all go wrong..

• Advertisement

Hoboo wrote: »

Yeah and ban the freekin extremist nutters telling everyone else what they should think eat and do. Lol

These are same cohort who want to ban animal agriculture meat and dairy whether anyone agrees with them or otherwise. Be careful of your bedfellows lol ...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,566 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

There doesn't seem to be any room for them any more. The last thing farmers want (particularly sheep farmers and secondly any livestock farmers) is a pack of hounds running through their land. Plenty of evidence in the Farming and Forestation forum of hunts destroying fences and hedgerows, spooking livestock, defecating on land (a huge health risk to livestock), leaving gates open and ruining tillage. Also, most rural areas now are scattered with housing, it's impossible to stop a large pack straying in to gardens in most rural areas that are now basically large housing estates with large houses and large gardens.

I personally know a sheep farmer that had awful trouble from one hunt on her lands with no permission that cost her a lot of money from panicked ewes. Compensation was offered but never materialised.

The hounds aren't pets. They're highly instinctive, strong, very healthy (no hip dysplasia or other pedigree problems) hunt driven dogs in a pack and will go through fences, ditches, barbed wire and electric fences and will often kill small animals that aren't foxes.

I was using maidrín rua as in the song.

Must be hard living in a country when your loyalty is to an inbred German who happens to be the Queen of England?

Finish THE MILKING, watch the royal wedding.

Winter milking, winter milking, you haven't a clue about hardship.

Drain 200 acres, and the rushes returning and drain again. Pick stone, ragwort, thistles constantly, fence in wetlands you can't travel by tractor walking 500m to 1000m carrying 10 stakes in your arms. That's only a start.. Jaysus I'd go through you like castor oil through shi*e! Putting a few oul machines on cows' udders.

As I said earlier the horse is getting the exercise with you, and you've a red snout from the 'Connemara' whiskey.

Shrek swamp is soundin' attractive right about now. Sure all you need is mosquitos and Dengi fever and you have North Korea. I am guessing the smarter older brother is in the priesthood? figures

Have you read the law regarding Greyhounds?
    No she isn't a rehomed racer. She was dumped in Galway because she was too small to race.

Who said she 'raced' ffs

John_Rambo wrote: »

The hounds aren't pets. They're highly instinctive, strong, very healthy (no hip dysplasia or other pedigree problems) hunt driven dogs in a pack and will go through fences, ditches, barbed wire and electric fences and will often kill small animals that aren't foxes.

Just an "accident"

Sure could happen to a Bishop.

You were a smart boy at school.. where did it all go wrong..

Oh it hasnt, I am only looking after the father farm, I am teaching as a day job. 22 hours a week and summers off, t'is the life. I am off to bed. night night

Shrek swamp is soundin' attractive right about now. Sure all you need is mosquitos and Dengi fever and you have North Korea. I am guessing the smarter older brother is in the priesthood? figures

Having a dig at the priesthood racist? We all know what your sort got up to during the Penal times.

Don't worry about myself or my family, we survived well when big knobs like yourself were in debt :)

Must be hard living in the Republic of Ireland and a British supremacist.

All young have left is fox hunting. Lol!

Oh it hasnt, I am only looking after the father farm, I am teaching as a day job. 22 hours a week and summers off, t'is the life. I am off to bed. night night

Teaching, is that all? That's mid range intelligence.

I work in actuarial finance and farm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,566 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Teaching, is that all? That's mid range intelligence.

I work in actuarial finance and farm.

You must have had excellent mid range intelligence teachers! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement