Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

38kWh Ioniq

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

0lddog wrote: »
    Poster goes on ignore list biggrin.png

The reason why only 120km count in my opinion......

I live around Dublin, a 2XkWh car will be more than plenty for my day to day needs. A Leaf Gen 1 in reality would do in terms of range. So any of these cars is going to work for 99% of people with a standard commute Monday to Friday

The main question on any of these cars is how far can I actually get on a motorway outside of Dublin. So range at 100km is pointless in my opinion.

I hardly going to leave the diesel at home to drive at 100km/h the whole way to Galway or Cork. What is the point in that, ok you save a tenner but waste half your day.....

Shefwedfan wrote: »

I hardly going to leave the diesel at home to drive at 100km/h the whole way to Galway or Cork. What is the point in that, ok you save a tenner but waste half your day.....

Or buy a Rex ! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Or buy a Rex ! ;)

BMW have stopped making REX. So now it is more redundant than a self charging Toyota :P

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    BMW have stopped making REX. So now it is more redundant than a self charging Toyota :P

Hardly, the 94 Ah Rex is still more practical than ever until there is a substantial improvement in the public network.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭slicedpanman

Pricing out in Germany
    [https://pushevs.com/2019/06/09/pricing-announced-for-new-hyundai-ioniq-electric/|ssss]
    What do we reckon this will translate to here? No mention of dates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Pricing out in Germany
    [Push EC|https://pushevs.com/2019/06/09/pricing-announced-for-new-hyundai-ioniq-electric/]
    What do we reckon this will translate to here? No mention of dates

I'd guess an RRP here of €31500 after grants.

Thanks KCross
    Can't seem to get back to the legacy version of this site, on my phone, to edit that URL
    Bah

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I expect the on the road price will be around €33,000.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,142 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

A couple of grand more than the 28kwh then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Mickeroo wrote: »
    A couple of grand more than the 28kwh then?

Of course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭PaulRyan97

Did they also increase the battery capacity in the PHEV version? Haven't seen anything about it.

PaulRyan97 wrote: »
    Did they also increase the battery capacity in the PHEV version? Haven't seen anything about it.

Wondered the same

Probably not, would have surely mentioned it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Has everyone seen the new ioniq.
    Well facelift version I mean. Seen pics on FB earlier.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,142 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

kceire wrote: »
    Has everyone seen the new ioniq.
    Well facelift version I mean. Seen pics on FB earlier.

Yeah it was enveiled a few weeks ago:

I like the interior it baffles me why they made the Kona so damn ugly inside ? out isn't great but inside is not nice at all compared to new Ioniq.

They still use gammy grills though.

It's a shame they didn't make their plug in like the i3, big battery and the engine only come on when needed.

I'm not a fan of touchscreens in cars but the larger screen might make it a bit decent to use while driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

Any updates on when this will arrive in Ireland?

UK prices
    Trying again using legacy site

UK prices
    Trying again using legacy site

Gone up to €33,000?

Almost €10,000 more than people were geting 28kWh Ioniq for a few years ago after scrappage

For 75km more range and slower charging

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

Mike9832 wrote: »
    Gone up to €33,000?

Almost €10,000 more than people were geting 28kWh Ioniq for a few years ago after scrappage

Judging by second hand prices in recent years it makes sense for Hyundai to raise prices. I wish I could see charging curve for new model.

• Advertisement

September1 wrote: »
    Judging by second hand prices in recent years it makes sense for Hyundai to raise prices. I wish I could see charging curve for new model.

Check Kona 39kWh charge rate on YouTube, same battery

Its crap, never goes above 40kW

Old Ioniq went up to 70kW

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭McGiver

Mike9832 wrote:
    Gone up to €33,000?

Open goal for VW. If they go lower with obviously better ID3 48kW then it will be interesting.

Gone up to €33,000?

??

By my reading of it the price has gone down.

If you look at hyundai.co.uk right now the outgoing 28kWh model is £30,111 and £31,911 for the Premium and Premium SE.

The prices quoted in that article say the new model is £29,450 and £31,450.

Its more or less a direct swap out from the old to new model giving longer range for the same money.... charge times have increased which is a disappointment alright... it shows that ever faster charge times are not a given with new models.

KCross wrote: »
    ??

By my reading of it the price has gone down.

If you look at hyundai.co.uk right now the outgoing 28kWh model is £30,111 and £31,911 for the Premium and Premium SE.

The prices quoted in that article say the new model is £29,450 and £31,450.

Its more or less a direct swap out from the old to new model giving longer range for the same money.... charge times have increased which is a disappointment alright... it shows that ever faster charge times are not a given with new models.

I see 27-29k

https://mobile.hyundai.co.uk/new-cars/ioniq/electric/prices

Look at the retail price. I think you’re looking at the price after savings

Gone up to €33,000?

It's a 2k price increase not 10k. Current price before scrappage is 30,995 (white paint might be 1k cheaper)

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It's a 2k price increase not 10k. Current price before scrappage is 30,995 (white paint might be 1k cheaper)

Unkel got his for 23k, few others too i believe

KCross wrote: »
    Look at the retail price. I think you’re looking at the price after savings

Could be right

Interesting what price will be here

At 120kmh

38kWh in an Ioniq is like 50kWh in other EV's

Its a 250km motorway motor with that battery, at the right price its still a great EV

25500 I think and some got it for 26k this year. Never saw anyone get one for 23k

• Advertisement

Don't think so, and whatever price they got was with scrappage so not the actual price.

Advertisement