Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

38kWh Ioniq

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,192 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭zoom_cool

Seen two of the 38 ioniq yesterday anybody here got one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

There's a 3 grand scrappage deal on the new Ioniq in case anyone is interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭eagerv

BigAl81 wrote: »

Brought one for a good drive yesterday, looking at changing the bosses hybrid.

Lovely car to drive, I thought it was very smooth. There was a storm blowing so not the best day, but was rock solid and fairly quiet on the road. Never driven the 28kWh so cannot compare.

Didn't feel very powerful but perfectly adequate. (Tried in all modes)

The missus thought that the light leather interior was a nicer place to be than the ESoul or the Niro, I sort of agreed. The spec is pretty good.

Range would suit us perfectly, rarely needing to fast charge.
    Pity about the charging speed, though wouldn't effect us.

Looks as though it will sell well, but even at 34 K after scrappage it's pricey..

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭adunis

Drives the exact same as the 28,personally couldn't detect one iota of the extra power refinement ride quality etc etc felt identical to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,633 ✭✭✭zg3409

They added 5,500 to the price from the old model which was high spec except for no leather, no steering wheel warmer. The scrappage makes it a bit more reasonable but a used 28,kWh for 20,000 euro is even better value and it charges quicker than the 38kWh

• Registered Users Posts: 65,136 ✭✭✭✭unkel

So how much is a 38kWh now on the road (with scrappage)?
    zg3409 wrote: »
    They added 5,500 to the price from the old model which was high spec except for no leather, no steering wheel warmer.

MY2019 Ioniq 28kWh did have steering wheel warmer as standard.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,192 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Should be about 33k after scrappage.

As far as I'm aware BMW didn't add anything to the cost of the 44 Kwh i3 ? bad form from Hyundai.

It should be less than 30k after scrappage in my opinion!!

It's actually 34.5k AFTER scrappage I was told by a dealer today!!!!

I got my Ioniq for 26k after scrappage. That's some difference for a car that will only do about 50kms more in the winter!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

I got my Ioniq for 26k after scrappage.

I think you overpaid - IIRC, some got their Ioniqs for just €25k :P.
    It should be less than 30k after scrappage in my opinion!!

I think maybe €31k, or €32k max, with scrappage, would be OK.

unkel wrote: »
    So how much is a 38kWh now on the road (with scrappage)?

I was quoted €36,945. (Incl metallic) Less 3K scrappage.

€34k on the road (incl metallic paint) is poor value for money, imho. That said, almost all EVs are poor value for money at the moment, with only a few exceptions like MINI EV, base eGolf, BMW i3 and Tesla Model 3 Performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

€34k on the road (incl metallic paint) is poor value for money, imho. That said, almost all EVs are poor value for money at the moment, with only a few exceptions like MINI EV, base eGolf, BMW i3 and Tesla Model 3 Performance.

There’s never good value for early adopters, unkel...
    I remember back in 2004/5 a colleague of mine spending €2.5k on a Sony laptop that was obsolete within 4 years. My ‘07 desktop still does the basics my ‘19 tablet does... With EVs it’s just a bigger scale money wise.

peposhi wrote: »

I beg to differ. I was offered a brand new Leaf 24kWh for €19k on the road incl metallic paint and 6.6kW charger in 2016. I bought a brand new Ioniq 28kWh for €25k on the road incl metallic paint in 2017

Both pretty good value for money...

I beg to differ. I was offered a brand new Leaf 24kWh for €19k on the road incl metallic paint and 6.6kW charger in 2016. I bought a brand new Ioniq 28kWh for €25k on the road incl metallic paint in 2017

Both pretty good value for money...

Ah, now... you didn’t want to come with me and get my e-Soul for €35k :)

Probably wouldn't have done any better myself :)

As I said, most EVs are not great value for money at the moment. Things were far better a few years ago when there was little supply, but also little demand. Now there is still pretty low supply but lots of people now want to buy EVs. Demand > supply and the price goes up. Because the dealers / manufacturers can get away with it.

Not sure about the i3 being good value.
    The base BMW i3 120Ah is coming in at about 39K incl metallic and delivery. Put in a few extras and you are quickly up to 42K.

Granted it's faster and more fun to drive than the Ioniq, but WLTP range is similar.

For many the Ioniq will be more practical and better equipped.

Aye. Agree with you completely. The i3 is only good value if you look at the list price of €36k :D

Off topic but the car that gave me the biggest shock price wise is the new Kona.

About 42K on the road.
    Only extras above the old model are the new 10.25" info system (As in Ioniq etc) and 11kW AC charging.

It's getting worse not better:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

eagerv wrote: »
    Off topic but the car that gave me the biggest shock price wise is the new Kona.

About 42K on the road.
    Only extras above the old model are the new 10.25" info system (As in Ioniq etc) and 11kW AC charging.

It's getting worse not better:)

Does it still not have adaptive cruise, auto emergency braking or adaptive regen?

Does it still not have adaptive cruise, auto emergency braking or adaptive regen?

Not that I could see, but didn't ask many questions as I had zero interest.

After checking Website only extras I can see are 10.25" Info system, 8 speaker Krell Audio, 11 kW charger and Emergency call function.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

peposhi wrote: »
    I remember back in 2004/5 a colleague of mine spending €2.5k on a Sony laptop that was obsolete within 4 years. My ‘07 desktop still does the basics my ‘19 tablet does... With EVs it’s just a bigger scale money wise.

LOL, I picked up a mint Leaf30 at 6months and a day old for €16.3k, have it three years now and it has never missed a heartbeat.
    Bargains were there but all gone now

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    LOL, I picked up a mint Leaf30 at 6months and a day old for €16.3k

Damn, I didn't remember it was that cheap. Sweet :D

slave1 wrote: »
    LOL, I picked up a mint Leaf30 at 6months and a day old for €16.3k, have it three years now and it has never missed a heartbeat.
    Bargains were there but all gone now

You got some deal there, slave1

I think I got a good deal on the i3 rex ? 37,500 , 9 months old 9,500 kms around 55 K new with the spec ? :D

Does anyone know of the app (Blue Link?) is available in Ireland? I can't seem to download it on Android, says not available in my country.

Have the car for a test drive for the weekend and was hoping to test it out.

I notice the app says can be used to turn the heating on, any idea if the car still needs to be plugged in for this?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,633 ✭✭✭zg3409

Does anyone know of the app (Blue Link?) is available in Ireland? I can't seem to download it on Android, says not available in my country.

Have the car for a test drive for the weekend and was hoping to test it out.

I notice the app says can be used to turn the heating on, any idea if the car still needs to be plugged in for this?

Thanks!

I heard a rumour it may not be in the early 38kWh models. On the leaf you can remotely heat when not plugged in, but only a limited time and limited to one or two attempts. However EVs tend to heat up from cold very quick, heated seats, heated steering wheel, instant heat pump from switch on, driver only fan. I normally hit recirculation on the fan to heat up my ioniq 28kWh on the way home from work and even with zero degrees outside its cosy in 2 or 3 minutes I preheat every morning and its great to remove ice from windscreen, but I've never needed that on way home in afternoon.

zg3409 wrote: »
    On the leaf you can remotely heat when not plugged in

With the Leaf's resistive heater? That will decrease the winter motorway range of the L24 from 60km to about 3km :p

• Advertisement

Have the car for a test drive for the weekend

Will be interested how you find the new Ioniq, please report back..

I am just a bit disappointed with Hyundai and their pricing of the new model.
    It ticks all the boxes for us, as it would be our second car. But probably used more than our ICE.:) Most of our driving is at 100 km/h or less, not being blessed with motorways for most of our driving.

I like the efficiency of the Ioniq, the 28kWh would probably do us, but the new car would be perfect.

Advertisement