Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boy 2 falls down 110 metre well in Malaga

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Why are you shooting the messenger? This child was dead before the first rescuers got there. People would rather indulge their comforting fantasies than face reality. Then they get all abusive when their little bubble is burst. From grown adults it's f**king pathetic.

Agree with you that he’s most likely gone unfortunately, but I think people are mostly pissed at the self indulgence of some posters like “come back and apologise to me when I’m proven right” kind of bs. And those who are blaming the parents for being negligent when they weren’t to know about a giant hole in the ground. There’s a way to phrase things where you don’t sound like a total and utter gobshlte.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Only parents get upset by awful things happening to children.

That’s not true at all. I’m a parent but I know praying and liking statuses won’t change the outcome

As the poster said last night, he is dead. There is no miracle and no hope

It’s harsh and tragic but that’s the situation unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Red Lightning

Why are you shooting the messenger? This child was dead before the first rescuers got there. People would rather indulge their comforting fantasies than face reality. Then they get all abusive when their little bubble is burst. From grown adults it's f**king pathetic.

Yeah, but some posters are “praying†so you never know

Who needs rescuers when you have thoughts and prayers and likes on facebook

Ye may think that ye are behaving in a just manner but rest assured that ye are making yourself look like utter twats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

That’s not true at all. I’m a parent but I know praying and liking statuses won’t change the outcome

As the poster said last night, he is dead. There is no miracle and no hope

It’s harsh and tragic but that’s the situation unfortunately
    Was being ironic - in response to the "you're obviously not a parent" comments. Beyond sanctimonious.

Ye may think that ye are behaving in a just manner but rest assured that ye are making yourself look like utter twats.
    They said utterly nothing wrong - but you work away, keep throwing personal abuse at people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Only realised that after reading again

Do ye not realise how insensitive and frankly sick posting something like that is? Baffling.
    Wtf? What on earth is insensitive or sick about the posts in question?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,863 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Only parents get upset by awful things happening to children.

Only people fit to ever be parents get upset by awful things happening to children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Wtf? What on earth is insensitive or sick about the posts in question?

No need for the bluntness

Modern man thinks he hard if he's blunt and insensitive

One wanker wanted an apology if the little boy was found dead

Is that no sick?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

No updates then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭JuanJose

I'm not a parent but I do share the anguish & hope for a positive outcome - no matter how unlikely - as most people do.

Non-parents, in general, do have a heart. Concern isn't limited to parents. Don't let a couple of keyboard warriors convince you otherwise.

Update: They've estimated that there's another 34 hours work ahead in order to reach the toddler - 14 hours to drill down vertically & then 20 hours for teams of 2/3 miners to excavate a gallery using things like pneumatic drills. Presumably this slower method is due to the delicate nature of the terrain. And this is all presuming they don't run into further complications. Hard rock sections have already inhibited their progress. Sounds like a real, real challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭rn

A case of two steps forward and one back. Hope they get a speed break through.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mike9832 wrote: »
    No need for the bluntness

Modern man thinks he hard if he's blunt and insensitive

One wanker wants an apology if the little boy is found dead

Is that not sick?
    Mod note: Mike9832, don't post in this thread again.

Buford T. Justice

It doesn't need to be said that those who aren't parents will usually feel nothing but horror and extreme upset over awful things happening to children. A minority won't - just like a minority of parents also won't. We've all heard unfortunately of parents who are absolute pieces of ****.

Anyone who thinks a handful of keyboard warriors represents all non parents needs to cop on.

If someone is trying to get a rise out of people, reacting to them is giving them exactly what they want (I admit I've taken bait but I really should be ignoring people who act the dick). And some people genuinely do use humour to cope. If this looks bad taste, fair enough - tell them so, but fixating over it and calling them names doesn't make any difference. And they're not necessarily sick or heartless - just clumsy about dealing with emotions. Not everyone thinks the thoughts and prayers thing is appropriate either - and that is just their opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

JuanJose wrote: »
    I'm not a parent but I do share the anguish & hope for a positive outcome - no matter how unlikely - as most people do.

Non-parents, in general, do have a heart. Concern isn't limited to parents. Don't let a couple of keyboard warriors convince you otherwise.

Update: They've estimated that there's another 34 hours work ahead in order to reach the toddler - 14 hours to drill down vertically & then 20 hours for teams of 2/3 miners to excavate a gallery using things like pneumatic drills. Presumably this slower method is due to the delicate nature of the terrain. And this is all presuming they don't run into further complications. Hard rock sections have already inhibited their progress. Sounds like a real, real challenge.

Jesus-another 34 hours?thought I read last night it was estimated at 15 hours and was hoping for an update this morning.I know the chances for the poor lad were always slim,but he's been down there for a week with no food or water and presumably injured from the fall.My thoughts are with everyone concerned,and all those working so hard to get him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭pah

Looking at these feeds there never seems to be much activity. I assume the work is going on off screen.

Any updates today?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

rn wrote: »
    Any updates today?

They were to start drilling yesterday

15 hour time frame to complete

Looking for updates today but haven't heard anything :(

Its a week today, poor baby

It's a tough race for the rescuers. Hopefully some news of an end to the saga for the family will come in next 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭PCros

They are currently at 52m out of the 110m and most likely will reach him early tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I haven't been following the story - is it known for certain that the kid is still alive, or are they just hoping?
    Seems extremely unlikely that this will have a happy ending unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

This is ridiculous. Whatever hopes they had of finding him and rescuing him have faded, the sheer length of time they have taken to get approx half way. It was reported Friday night it would be 15hrs, Saturday it was reported it would be Sunday, and now it’ll be Tuesday. Jesus. His poor parents

• Registered Users Posts: 5,000 ✭✭✭malinheader

This is ridiculous. Whatever hopes they had of finding him and rescuing him have faded, the sheer length of time they have taken to get approx half way. It was reported Friday night it would be 15hrs, Saturday it was reported it would be Sunday, and now it’ll be Tuesday. Jesus. His poor parents

Have to agree with you. Have tried to stay positive about this situation but I am finding it hard to stay positive about the length of time this is taking. Is it me being naive or is this turning into a total disaster of a rescue. Perhaps I'm being unfair to the people coordinating the rescue and don't mean to be but there seems to be no sign of a end to this. God help the parents and family.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭PCros

It's hard to say why its taken over a week to dig 100m down- I'm not an engineer but I'd love to hear someones perspective on this.

Also there was a Swedish company who helped the Chilean miners supposed to be assisting but I haven't heard anything about that anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Surely in this day and age it's hardly beyond the realms of possibility to at least lower down a bloody light and a camera and see what is going on!

Id be amazed if this ends well. Poor kid!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Surely in this day and age it's hardly beyond the realms of possibility to at least lower down a bloody light and a camera and see what is going on!

Id be amazed if this ends well. Poor kid!

They did send down a camera & light - they're not eejits :rolleyes:

There's a blockage down there from (they reckon) debris that he knocked off on the way down.

There's a gap of 15m below this blockage according to some geo-radar yokes (same tech that found the miners in Chilli.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,759 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Capturebvcx.jpg

Advertisement