Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boy 2 falls down 110 metre well in Malaga

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭bilbot79

He'd need to have access to water. Hopefully there was some at the bottom. It's been 4 days without food or water poor soul. I can't see a good ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Doesn’t look good, they reckon he would have had to have fallen head first to make it any distance down the well and that there wouldn’t have been enough room to turn around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭pah

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Doesn’t look good, they reckon he would have had to have fallen head first to make it any distance down the well and that there wouldn’t have been enough room to turn around.

Looking at the hole I would be very surprised if he went head first. IMO he would have had to trip over first and fall head first into it. I think it's much more likely he ran over it and dropped straight in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

According to that live feed above the process has run into some complications and that it will be a matter of days and not hours before they get near him.

https://www.lavanguardia.com/sucesos...n-directo.html

They hope he is in a semi conscious state, as his breathing would not be hard like in a panicked state.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭rn

It's such a long way down into the earth. The rescuers need a break or two on either plan a or b. It's not over until he's out.

Sadly, I don't see how the poor little fella could have survived this long.

I hope that he didn't suffer a slow death.

Just an awful story. The parents must be in complete bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

That's horrifying!

My sister had a similar accident when she was young, when workers left a drain open with the cement blocks moved aside. The fall inside literally ripped her face from the upper teeth to the forehead requiring intensive surgery.

Trying to sue the council became fruitless...

These negligent assholes that do these seriously need to be sued for all their ****ing worth. And jailed.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Forget about suing, they should be brought up on criminal charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Where were the parents when he fell in, were they 10/20 ft away or right beside him or what, were they just out for a walk together, I just find it very odd that a 2yr old would be let roam freely in that rough looking terrain you'd at least be holding his hand if out for a little stroll, they hardly put him down there did they cos you'd never know with people unfortunatly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

rgodard80a wrote: »
    Unfortunately they're just emotionally immature and obviously not a parent themselves. They'll be sending a valentine card to their playstation next month.

I choo choo choose you. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Where were the parents when he fell in, were they 10/20 ft away or right beside him or what, were they just out for a walk together, I just find it very odd that a 2yr old would be let roam freely in that rough looking terrain you'd at least be holding his hand if out for a little stroll, they hardly put him down there did they cos you'd never know with people unfortunatly

Parents should be able to let their children walk freely without fearing their child will fall down a 350ft, 25cm unmarked hole.

This is a freak accident and the parents were in no way negligent or responsible for what has happened their poor child.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Apparently the fathers cousin was right beside the child when he dropped into the hole . She reached in but he had gone . Very unfair in my opinion to speculate about anything other than a tragic accident

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

This thread is just getting ghoulish now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

This happened on land owned by a family member and they were setting up for a picnic. I believe he was the uncle of the child and apparently he had drilled for water months ago and the well was supposedly covered.

Also I read today that Spain has more than one million wells and catchments like this one for the use of groundwater.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,682 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Could the hole not have been vacuumed out using a giant vacuum truck on day one!

maxresdefault.jpg

If possible it would be quick could catch him in net at other end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

My heart jumped out of my chest looking at that. Reminded me of the film 'The Ring'.

The poor little fella. Holding out for any kind of miracle.

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Parents should be able to let their children walk freely without fearing their child will fall down a 350ft, 25cm unmarked hole.

This is a freak accident and the parents were in no way negligent or responsible for what has happened their poor child.

Have you seen the terrain, I'll be honest and say I wouldn't let a 2yr old wonder around there on their own, we still don't know how far away the parents were

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Apparently the fathers cousin was right beside the child when he dropped into the hole . She reached in but he had gone . Very unfair in my opinion to speculate about anything other than a tragic accident

She obviously wasn't watching him then or she would have seen the hole herself

• Advertisement

Seems they are vacuuming the well in that footage, clearing debris bit by bit. I just thought there would be a way to somehow suck the complete well out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Such a shame there wasn’t debris there to stop him falling as far as he did. It doesn’t bear thinking about. I really hope that he’s down there and that he’ll be taken out alive but if he isn’t, I hope it was quick and he wasn’t hurt or scared for long.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Oh give over for heaven sake . Maybe it was covered by growth . When watching children you don't always have your eyes on the ground anyway .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭bilbot79

I don't think you can plan for random 25cm Wells that are 100ft deep and left uncovered. It's not like they took their toddler for a walk on a glacier and ignored the crevasse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭malinheader

I'm sure the parents are going to find it hard enough to get over this,if they do at all. And I'm sure they will have to listen to plenty of perfect people who think they should of done this or that. Looking at the size of the hole to Me its just a freak tragic accident . God help them parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Have you seen the terrain, I'll be honest and say I wouldn't let a 2yr old wonder around there on their own, we still don't know how far away the parents were

....Which you say with the luxury of both hindsight and not actually being in the situation yourself.

Very easy to look in as an outsider and make all sorts of high horse type proclamations about what you would or wouldn’t do.
    Those parents are not at fault, they are going through the worst pain imaginable right now so maybe a bit of consideration and compassion instead of making armchair assumptions about their parenting skills wouldn’t go amiss.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭Spannerplank

Toots wrote: »
    Forget about suing, they should be brought up on criminal charges.

Except it's very difficult to state what crime has been committed. You cant just invent a crime to address an outcome you don't like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭pah

Your inability to grasp how quickly this probably happened is baffling TBH.

Jesus, would you listen to this crap. Contemptible victim blaming.

• Advertisement

Could the hole not have been vacuumed out using a giant vacuum truck on day one!

maxresdefault.jpg

If possible it would be quick could catch him in net at other end.

What planet are you living on?
    Industrial suction. Yeah, along with rocks and mud and water bits of the kid will come up piece by piece. Stick him back together after that?

Advertisement