Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Irish" tourists dump rubbish on NZ beach, threaten locals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Gravelly wrote: »
    If it wasn’t for those dang racists the travellers would never have dumped their rubbish on the beach and threatened the locals.
    Racists are the worst.

Sure are. Can’t think of anyone lower to be honest.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

And here comes the SJW.

Yawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Don’t need racists either.

What race?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭Sonic Youth

Grayson wrote: »
    Firstly, they're Irish. Your nationality isn't dependant on your race or ethnicity.

Secondly, Irish travellers aren't a different race, they're an different ethnicity. You should google the difference.

If you're going to have a bit of a rant about a whole group of people at least get the basics right.

Being violent and inbred is enough to make you a separate ethnicity?

Ok well since we are different ethnicities now, the next time I am attacked by travellers, can that considered a hate crime?

Don’t need racists either.

Well wait a second now, travellers are white. So how can you be racist against someone with the same skin colour as yourself?

• Advertisement

As somebody who is frequently an Irish traveller, I'd like to introduce many people to the significance of a capital letter: they are Irish Travellers.

Irish Travellers

Filthy and violent people should be prosecuted under the laws against filth and violence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭0cp71eyxkb94qf

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Can we just set up a megathread for people to moan about travellers.

Can we set up an instructional thread advising people how not to click on threads they dislike?

Well wait a second now, travellers are white. So how can you be racist against someone with the same skin colour as yourself?

Have a read of half the threads in After hours and educate yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Just returned from 3 weeks travelling in NZ. A pristine country. They take immense pride in their country and natural beauty with people taking personal responsibility for dealing with their rubbish. We could learn from them here - people of all sections of society treat our country as a pig sty and are happy to export this behaviour

Have a read of half the threads in After hours and educate yourself.

Can't you educate me? How can you be racist against people with the same skin colour?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Can't you educate me? How can you be racist against people with the same skin colour?

To be fair Hitler was.

As somebody who is frequently an Irish traveller, I'd like to introduce many people to the significance of a capital letter: they are Irish Travellers.

Irish Travellers

Filthy and violent people should be prosecuted under the laws against filth and violence.

Like the RA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Just returned from 3 weeks travelling in NZ. A pristine country. They take immense pride in their country and natural beauty with people taking personal responsibility for dealing with their rubbish. We could learn from them here - people of all sections of society treat our country as a pig sty and are happy to export this behaviour

It’s not all of society but far too many people.

All the want, apparently, is to be treated like everyone else. So why do they spaz out when they're asked to behave like everyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

Boom_Bap wrote:
    You got to respect the set of stones on that youngfella.

I respect nothing about him. Toerags is what they are

Nope. As I said have a read.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

All the want, apparently, is to be treated like everyone else. So why do they spaz out when they're asked to behave like everyone else?

Because they are as arrogant as they are entitled

Being serious for a minute, travellers ( like some other cultures) are an "honour" culture

They view being corrected or taken to task about anything as a terrible slight, you see it with the tinker John connors on twitter, the time he proudly declared the criminals who took a JCB to a lidl store, were right and how he wouldn't report them, Connors doubled down when asked to retract, he made a point of insisting an apology would never happen

This is why even amongst themselves, feuds spring up over small things and last often for generations, they Never back down!

They are a people for whom values of the enlightenment are completely alien, a savage people, much like pirates of centuries ago, everything must be on their terms, they absolutely will not adhere to rules society or government mean to enforce, that is their nature and way, they have absolutely no interest in conforming to the norms in either Ireland or New Zealand, if they end up in prison because of it, that's just how life is which is a huge tragedy for everyone

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Because they are as arrogant as they are entitled

Being serious for a minute, travellers ( like some other cultures) are an "honour" culture

They view being corrected or taken to task about anything as a terrible slight, you see it with the tinker John connors on twitter, the time he proudly declared the criminals who took a JCB to a lidl store, were right and how he wouldn't report them, Connors doubled down when asked to retract, he made a point of insisting an apology would never happen

This is why even amongst themselves, feuds spring up over small things and last often for generations, they Never back down!

They are a people for whom values of the enlightenment are completely alien, a savage people, much like pirates of centuries ago, everything must be on their terms, they absolutely will not adhere to rules society or government mean to enforce, that is their nature and way, they have absolutely no interest in conforming to the norms in either Ireland or New Zealand, if they end up in prison because of it, that's just how life is which is a huge tragedy for everyone

One thing I would concede. John Connors is a twat alright.
    I do have issues with the rest of your post but at least you posted it in a somewhat respectful way. Fair play.

One thing I would concede. John Connors is a twat alright.

Professional grievance monger

He is reflective of most from his community

Professional grievance monger

He is reflective of most from his community

Agree.

Disagree. A high proportion(relevantly speaking), yes, but not most.

• Advertisement

Agree.

Disagree. A high proportion(relevantly speaking), yes, but not most.

I'd happily take in a million syrians and take one into my own home if turkey or someone took the tinkers, put them in a desert and let them scavage around ala mad max

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

Berserker wrote: »
    What small section of society? The beaches here in Ireland are left in an appalling state during the summer months. Dirty lazy fckers won't put their own rubbish in a bin or bring it home with them.

I believe Northerners are very bad for it in Donegal. They go to the beaches and leave their rubbish behind. They buy nothing in the locality too. They buy their food, drink whatever in the north then come in to Donegal, have their fun and leave their rubbish for our taxpayer funded authorities to clean up.

I'd happily take in a million syrians and take one into my own home if turkey or someone took the tinkers, put them in a desert and let them scavage around ala mad max

And there was me thinking you were going to make your points respectfully.
    But no. A vile racist you are. Sleep well.

Take your head out of the manure pile.

No need for that type of language my racist friend.

And there was me thinking you were going to make your points respectfully.
    But no. A vile racist you are. Sleep well.

I sleep like a baby

I sleep like a baby

Ah, that explains your posting style.
    Thought there was an age limit around here?

Ah, that explains your posting style.
    Thought there was an age limit around here?

Apparently not, you should bring it up at the next PBP meeting

Apparently not, you should bring it up at the next PBP meeting

Nah, wouldn’t be bothered with that shower of fools.
    You see, you don’t have to be a left wing populist to hate racists you know.

You're an avowed enemy of common sense. Label away, if cogent argument fails you.

The irony.

• Advertisement

Nah, wouldn’t e bothered with that shower of fools.
    You see, you don’t have to be a left wing populist to hate racists you know.

What other kind are there but populist?

Advertisement