Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Irish" tourists dump rubbish on NZ beach, threaten locals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    What other kind are there but populist?

But sure isn’t racism populist now.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

You referred to left wing populist "fools"

Which non populist platform do you support, your handle is clearly political

You trot out 'racism/racist' ad nauseam without bothering to justify, that about sums up the shallow level of your thought process.

You referred to left wing populist "fools"

Which non populist platform do you support, your handle is clearly political

None. Just despise racists. And that doesn’t seem to sit well around here.

You trot out 'racism/racist' ad nauseam without bothering to justify, that about sums up the shallow level of your thought process.

I saying it the way I see it.
    Doesn’t need justification. And good god how the rest of your post is ironic but completely consistent.

• Advertisement

Your manifesto could be written on a mouses fag box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Anyway. Rubbish on beaches? We agin it or not?

I saying it the way I see it.
    Doesn’t need justification. And good god how the rest of your post is ironic but completely consistent.

Yes, it does. Otherwise you seem rather juvenile, resorting to petty name-calling and little else.

Your manifesto could be written on a mouses fag box

Ah when you have to stoop to insults there is no point in engaging.
    Pity, I had high hope for you, I really did. I thought I could save you, but, alas, you are too far gone.

On a different note do you need your driveway done?

Yes, it does. Otherwise you seem rather juvenile, resorting to petty name-calling and little else.

Petty name calling, really?
    Jesus man read the bloody thread. You’re a hoot!!

• Advertisement

Five years ago, all these points referring to travellers would still apply accurately yet because government had not granted ethnic status at that point, the racist label would carry no weight, goes to show how dangerous granting official status like this is, it ring fences certain groups from criticism

Next step will be to make it a crime to complain about travellers, this new UN policy document is designed specifically to make criticism of migration an offence, it's all part of the same thing and perhaps worst of all empowers feeble intellectuals like our buddy here ( who throws around the R word) a new found authority

Anyway. Rubbish on beaches? We agin it or not?

Definitely against, especially plastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Iwouldinmesack

Doubt they would be so quick to act like that if it was the Maoris requesting them to tidy up.

Ah when you have to stoop to insults there is no point in engaging.
    Pity, I had high hope for you, I really did. I thought I could save you, but, alas, you are too far gone.

On a different note do you need your driveway done?

Now who's being ironic, you've branded all in sundry wacist

I'd happily take in a million syrians and take one into my own home if turkey or someone took the tinkers, put them in a desert and let them scavage around ala mad max

Hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,692 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

It's front page news in Nz according to a friend living over there.

It's summer holiday time. Everyone who makes anything interesting happen is away. News editors are grateful for anything to fill up the page space with.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,298 ✭✭✭jmreire

It's summer holiday time. Everyone who makes anything interesting happen is away. News editors are grateful for anything to fill up the page space with.

More like it's a warning....beware travelling Irish Roof Repairers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Have yet to see a litter warden on a beach in Ireland on a sunny day

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭Sonic Youth

Travellers are white and as such cannot be victims of racism, as racism = power and privilege.

For example, if a traveller was pulled over by a cop in a America there would be no hassle. However, if the same cop pulled over a POC (person of colour) he would automatically assume the driver was a car thief or drug, just because of skin colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

It really makes me embarrassed to be Irish when I hear of these rodents creating unrest abroad and littering other countries (in this case, New Zealand).

Sadly, there are far too many people in this country who are quick to defend their primitive actions. Then again, the oversupply of compassion in this country has resulted in the normalisation of this stagnant behaviour.

In other words, because we let people away with so much here, it opens up the floodgates to a barrage of crime where our standards (or rather lack there of) have now spilt over to a foreign nation.

Do we really want to develop a reputation for being a filthy country worldwide?

When people from this country go abroad, I expect them to represent our country in a positive light.

• Advertisement

It really makes me embarrassed to be Irish when I hear of these rodents creating unrest abroad and littering other countries (in this case, New Zealand).

Sadly, there are far too many people in this country who are quick to defend their primitive actions. Then again, the oversupply of compassion in this country has resulted in the normalisation of this stagnant behaviour.

In other words, because we let people away with so much here, it opens up the floodgates to a barrage of crime where our standards (or rather lack there of) have now spilt over to a foreign nation.

Do we really want to develop a reputation for being a filthy country worldwide?

When people from this country go abroad, I expect them to represent our country in a positive light.

I would say many foreigners who hate the Irish do so because they had bad experiences with travellers and think we're all like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Just done a beach cleanup on saturday in the northwest. 15 bags of rubbish. Not just a certain culture that won't take it home with them.

scapegoating..."blame it on the bunny" type

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

What a shower of filthy knackers. Not impressed at all to see a headline on one of the online papers saying "Go back to Ireland".

Seems every few months there is something in the press relating to Irish people abroad up to no good whether its murders, stabbings or robbing. These headlines including the nationailty are putting a racial bias in people minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

• Registered Users Posts: 25,692 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Travellers are white and as such cannot be victims of racism, as racism = power and privilege.

For example, if a traveller was pulled over by a cop in a America there would be no hassle. However, if the same cop pulled over a POC (person of colour) he would automatically assume the driver was a car thief or drug, just because of skin colour.

So eastern European people in Ireland can never experience racism then?

Haaaaaaa.

Racism is duscrimination based on race. Colour is one of the most visible indicators of race. But accent is another widely used indicator.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Graces7 wrote: »

What does that mean??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

So are they living there or on holiday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

justshane wrote: »

They must be shocked at that - all they were doing was littering beaches, threatening random strangers, ignoring the rules of the road, disrupting businesses, and intimidating staff - all the stuff that they normally do here without any consequences.

justshane wrote: »

I feel conflicted on this tbh. I strongly believe countries should have the right to deport foreign scumbags but other hand it means these idiots will soon be back here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Graces7 wrote: »
    What does that mean??

Grace reckons that Travellers are basically our version of the Amish people so could be something to do with that?

Advertisement