Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Irish" tourists dump rubbish on NZ beach, threaten locals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,425 ✭✭✭✭zell12

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭lalababa

fatknacker wrote: »
    Ah ffs. How did that shower make it to all the way over there. It's difficult to get in with criminal convictions. Good job the police there don't fck around. Or their own ethnic minorities. Hopefully they get several shades knocked out of them then booted out. NZ is a beautiful country with decent people. They don't deserve to have our scum polluting the place.

They branched out big time when the recession hit. Also they realized they could travel round the EU carte blanche.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

blanch152 wrote: »
    Which is it? If travellers have a separate culture and ethnicity, is not possible to point to general traits of that cultrue/ethnicity that people don't like.

In the same way, we point to aspects of African culture (FGM), Islamic culture (treatment of women), and Catholic culture (no women priests, anti-abortion) that we also don't like.

The problem is that those who defend traveller culture and don't tolerate any criticism are often first in line to criticise the Catholic tradition, or FGM. Sauce for the goose and all that.

I kind of think the best option is not to mention ethnicity..at all, a total bollix is a total bollix.. Doesn't matter what ethnicity / country / continent the person is from...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

fatknacker wrote: »
    Ah ffs. How did that shower make it to all the way over there. It's difficult to get in with criminal convictions. Good job the police there don't fck around. Or their own ethnic minorities. Hopefully they get several shades knocked out of them then booted out. NZ is a beautiful country with decent people. They don't deserve to have our scum polluting the place.
    Exactly. Sure did we not go over them and deprive the Maori of their land and culture n all two centuries ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭granturismo

zell12 wrote: »
    Exactly. Sure did we not go over them and deprive the Maori of their land and culture n all two centuries ago

We tagged along.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Wheres Me Jumper?

lalababa wrote: »
    They branched out big time when the recession hit. Also they realized they could travel round the EU carte blanche.

have a look at this,

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5490701/Alleged-Irish-gypsy-scammers-Brisbane-Gold-Coast-elderly-couple.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Can we just set up a megathread for people to moan about travellers.

Moan? Excuse the sh1t out of me for having a problem with anti social behavior, stealing, and making a show of the entire nation the other side of the world. If there’s so many incidents threads then maybe it’s not AH that’s the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,692 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

elbyrneo wrote: »
    The Irish independent made reference to "Irish tourists" in quotes so merely replicating.

I don't give a monkeys about whether ethnicity is recognised or not. Just care about the impact that people have on society, what they contribute to society, and how people outside of Ireland view our society.

New Zealanders understand the difference between ehnicity (traveller, buffer, pakeha, Maori) and nationality (New Zealander, Irish). Unlike most of ye.

The tourists were correctly reported as Irish. Most online comments have identified them as "gypsy".

Expect to see New Zealand crack down on visa / vida-waiver applications from anyone with the smallest of criminal records shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I think someone should CrowdFund Nally to have an all expenses paid holiday to NZ, to learn how to shoot moving targets.

God defend New Zild
    new-zealand-flag-animation.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

the_syco wrote: »
    I think someone should CrowdFund Nally to have an all expenses paid holiday to NZ, to learn how to shoot moving targets.

No, his homeland needs him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

New Zealanders understand the difference between ehnicity (traveller, buffer, pakeha, Maori) and nationality (New Zealander, Irish). Unlike most of ye.

The tourists were correctly reported as Irish. Most online comments have identified them as "gypsy".

Expect to see New Zealand crack down on visa / vida-waiver applications from anyone with the smallest of criminal records shortly.

How do you know they're Irish? As far as I can tell, an English pikie sounds exactly the same as an Irish traveller.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,287 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

It’s their culture boss.

Nothing we can say or do to even barely condemn this, otherwise all our
    wonderful politicians,
    RTÉ
    and the Irish times

will be outraged.

"Irish tourists" :D

Pavee Point should pick up on that and rename our ethnic friends Tourists instead of Travellers. Sounds much more cosmopolitan.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

oh no no no no no, this won't do at all, sure do they not know you're not supposed to be a nosey parker or a busybody and point out disgusting anti-social behaviour? big bunch of do-gooders, they were just having the craic, bunch of moany dry sh*tes over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Gravelly wrote: »
    How do you know they're Irish? As far as I can tell, an English pikie sounds exactly the same as an Irish traveller.

Most English travellers claim to be Irish, even though they may have been in the UK for more than one generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Moan? Excuse the sh1t out of me for having a problem with anti social behavior, stealing, and making a show of the entire nation the other side of the world. If there’s so many incidents threads then maybe it’s not AH that’s the problem?

Making a show of who precisely? what they get up to is reflective of them, not me.

Honestly, just put this **** all in one thread so it makes this place a bit easier to read. It's basically just Stormfront lite at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Just done a beach cleanup on saturday in the northwest. 15 bags of rubbish. Not just a certain culture that won't take it home with them.

I pick up at least two large bags of rubbish from the roadside here every couple of weeks and not an ethnicity in sight, other than run of the mill Irish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Berserker wrote: »
    What small section of society? The beaches here in Ireland are left in an appalling state during the summer months. Dirty lazy fckers won't put their own rubbish in a bin or bring it home with them.
    Just done a beach cleanup on saturday in the northwest. 15 bags of rubbish. Not just a certain culture that won't take it home with them.

There really is some amount of tramps in this country. I remember the joe.ie style "banter" that was ubiquitous during the Euros about how the Irish were the greatest fans in the world when they filmed themselves cleaning up after a mad sesh. Would they do that over here after Paddy's Day of them cameras weren't rolling and the social media love-in wasn't ongoing? Would they ****!

I pick up at least two large bags of rubbish from the roadside here every couple of weeks and not an ethnicity in sight, other than run of the mill Irish.

Do the people who dropped it threaten you, and/or have their young children threaten you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

Fcukin tinkers! I'm so sick of them

• Registered Users Posts: 27,214 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Markcheese wrote: »
    I kind of think the best option is not to mention ethnicity..at all, a total bollix is a total bollix.. Doesn't matter what ethnicity / country / continent the person is from...

In that case, we shouldn't criticise Varadkar for respecting Saudi culture and stay quiet about it. If it was wrong for Varadkar to go to that Saudi temple and ignore the way the Saudis treat women, then it is wrong to ignore the treatment of women by the ethnic travelling community.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,687 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Why not just put a litter warden on the beaches here, and issue a 100 euro fine.. That will sort it pretty fast.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 195 ✭✭GAA Beo

Have to agree there. Serious litter problem where I live, pisses of people on my road big time. We haven't caught the culprits yet but I don't believe it is travellers as they don't live beside us and it is a local. There was another bit of disgraceful littering that went viral last week in Tyrone, again don't think that was travellers either.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,770 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

blanch152 wrote: »
    In that case, we shouldn't criticise Varadkar for respecting Saudi culture and stay quiet about it. If it was wrong for Varadkar to go to that Saudi temple and ignore the way the Saudis treat women, then it is wrong to ignore the treatment of women by the ethnic travelling community.

It was Ethiopia, not Saudi at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,030 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I thought the little lad was gas.

The dress sense of Huckleberry Finn mixed with the aggression of Scrappy Do and the Antipodean foul language of Alf Stewart

I thought the little lad was gas.

The dress sense of Huckleberry Finn mixed with the aggression of Scrappy Do and the Antipodean foul language of Alf Stewart

In another 15 years or so he'll be hilarious altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Gravelly wrote: »
    In another 15 years or so he'll be hilarious altogether.

With more convictions than ya can shake a stick at. And a forever home paid for by you and me.

Advertisement