Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Irish" tourists dump rubbish on NZ beach, threaten locals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Oh look, a racist thread. How unusual.

How are Irish people talking about other irish people being racist? Travellers are not another race of people, they're Irish (unfortunately) people who contribute zero to society, cause trouble everywhere they go and because of their criminal behaviour are disliked by most people...and rightly so. That's not being racist, that's simply stating facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

How are Irish people talking about other irish people being racist? Travellers are not another race of people, they're Irish (unfortunately) people who contribute zero to society, cause trouble everywhere they go and because of their criminal behaviour are disliked by most people...and rightly so.

That lad thinks everything is racist. He's a one-trick pony that darts in to these threads, screams racist at everybody, and then disappears for a while again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭pah

Travellers are white and as such cannot be victims of racism, as racism = power and privilege.

For example, if a traveller was pulled over by a cop in a America there would be no hassle. However, if the same cop pulled over a POC (person of colour) he would automatically assume the driver was a car thief or drug, just because of skin colour.

WOW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭jay0109

Twice in the one day....and both before evening time!!!
    The Burger King manager, who didn't want to be named, said they called police because the family were "causing problems".
    "They were walking through the drive-through," the manager said as police spoke with family nearby.
    "They were just here causing problems for other customers."
    It is understood that the group were at the restaurant earlier in the day for quite some time before returning again in the afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,728 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

pah wrote: »
    WOW

It would be interesting to see you counter that perception if you think there is no evidence that the Police in the US are colour biased in their treatment of people.

Gravelly wrote: »
    They must be shocked at that - all they were doing was littering beaches, threatening random strangers, ignoring the rules of the road, disrupting businesses, and intimidating staff - all the stuff that they normally do here without any consequences.

This captures it perfectly. What happened in NZ is everyday behaviour here and wouldn't even register a call to the Guards. And if you did ring them, they wouldn't show.
    We have become so used to this type of intimidation, thuggery, aggressiveness, child neglect , thieving etc that it barely warrants a mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Strange that travellers would go to NZ on holiday, wouldn't imagine them traveliing there, would imagine them going to Canaries / Spain ..

Has Kitty Holland, official reporter for Travellers with the mouthpiece Irish Times, anything to say on this

Unruly tourists: Woman, 26, charged with theft, family in strife over car seats for children
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12190787
    A 26-year-old woman connected to the troublesome English tourists who have left a trail of destruction in Auckland has been arrested and charged with theft in Hamilton.
    A police spokeswoman said the woman will be appearing in Hamilton District Court tomorrow.
    The family told the Herald in an exclusive interview earlier today that they would be leaving New Zealand early because they had been misrepresented and no longer felt comfortable in New Zealand.
    They'll be contacting Pavee Point no doubt!

Very accurate reporting in the NZ press :P
    The woman said police were talking to a group of people including a young woman and a man with a large tummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

Unfortunately I was on the same flight as them to NZ and got to witness their behavior first hand for 12 hours. They were disgustingly rude to the staff, made one airhostess cry, kept changing seats (the group was spread around the aircraft) making those in seats either side of them move on a regular basis. When the lights went off for the middle section of the flight the girl in the unicorn dressing-gown went through the galley with a fine tooth comb and a torch on her phone pocketing everything she possibly could .... then returning when she emptied the dressing gown into her bag. She continued this through the entire flight, taking whatever she could and throwing everything she didn't want on the ground.
    Some passengers even asked to be moved away from them but with a full flight nothing could be done so not many people slept as you could imagine...
    They then proceeded to have a massive fight, the big guy let his baby cry for a good hour while he watched a film and when the mother came to get the child he abused her to high heaven.
    I am not one bit surprised at their behaviour here. They should be deported.

• Advertisement

supermouse wrote: »
    Unfortunately I was on the same flight as them to NZ and got to witness their behavior first hand for 12 hours. They were disgustingly rude to the staff, made one airhostess cry, kept changing seats (the group was spread around the aircraft) making those in seats either side of them move on a regular basis. When the lights went off for the middle section of the flight the girl in the unicorn dressing-gown went through the galley with a fine tooth comb and a torch on her phone pocketing everything she possibly could .... then returning when she emptied the dressing gown into her bag. She continued this through the entire flight, taking whatever she could and throwing everything she didn't want on the ground.
    Some passengers even asked to be moved away from them but with a full flight nothing could be done so not many people slept as you could imagine...
    They then proceeded to have a massive fight, the big guy let his baby cry for a good hour while he watched a film and when the mother came to get the child he abused her to high heaven.

Again, what the f*ck are these feckers doing in NZ ??

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Again, what the f*ck are these animals doing on the planet ??

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

They are being deported. Also, it's interesting they're being described as "English Tourists" now so I assume they were travelling on UK passports / were born in England.

Again, what the f*ck are these animals doing in NZ ??

Building an empire boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

supermouse wrote: »

As if the flight wasn't long enough without having to put up with that crap..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

I'm surprised the airline didn't land the plane and leave them somewhere nice and liberal about disruptive passengers, like China.

4Ad wrote: »
    They should seek first class on their return ..

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

4Ad wrote: »

And.. I had food poisoning. I don't know which was worse....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    All the want, apparently, is to be treated like everyone else. So why do they spaz out when they're asked to behave like everyone else?

Because they are as arrogant as they are entitled

Being serious for a minute, travellers ( like some other cultures) are an "honour" culture

They view being corrected or taken to task about anything as a terrible slight, you see it with the tinker John connors on twitter, the time he proudly declared the criminals who took a JCB to a lidl store, were right and how he wouldn't report them, Connors doubled down when asked to retract, he made a point of insisting an apology would never happen

This is why even amongst themselves, feuds spring up over small things and last often for generations, they Never back down!

They are a people for whom values of the enlightenment are completely alien, a savage people, much like pirates of centuries ago, everything must be on their terms, they absolutely will not adhere to rules society or government mean to enforce, that is their nature and way, they have absolutely no interest in conforming to the norms in either Ireland or New Zealand, if they end up in prison because of it, that's just how life is which is a huge tragedy for everyone

that's very unfair, if what I've read is accurate pirates had something of a meritocratic/democratic society going on.
    Aside from that, if people end up in prison for their behaviour, well it would be great if that was true, more locking up repeat offenders, I don't see how it is a huge tragedy for everyone, some people will never change and their outlook is supported by the opinions of vocal defenders with well meaning but misplaced intentions without the real experience of living beside these sorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

Again, what the f*ck are these animals doing in NZ ??

Building an empire boss.
    probably moved on from Aus after their business model was discovered, new victims surely couldn't believe people would behave this way, they probably don't know how to deal with it at all, Id suggest they boot then out of the country, but I'd probably be slated for being racist against them somehow and their culture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

That lad thinks everything is racist. He's a one-trick pony that darts in to these threads, screams racist at everybody, and then disappears for a while again.

Apologies if I have upset you.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Wheres Me Jumper?

apparently, they are SCOUSERS!

makes sense now. YNWA!

• Administrators Posts: 53,379 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

in the video on Newshub you can clearly see one of them has a Brit passport.

can i offer my sincere apologies to all members of our traveller minority.
    to be confused with scousers is not nice.

yes and if you read some papers like the daily mail, they cannot say IRISH enough! Cnuts! they don't even know the difference, which is why their minister is where she is, doing what she's doing, and getting what she's getting!!!

• Administrators Posts: 53,379 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

can i offer my sincere apologies to all members of our traveller minority.
    to be confused with scousers is not nice.

Well they all have Irish accents. They are definitely travellers.

awec wrote: »

Johnson is NOT a traveller name that i know of. it's very much a Liverpool name. David & Glen Johnson both played for LFC with distinction.
    Mind you one was black?

Apologies if I have upset you.

Not at all - I've two cocker spaniels, I'm used to silliness.

Driving white vans in NZ, deffo Irish Travellers.

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »

Have you seen Snatch?

Advertisement