Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marian Finucane Thread

Options
1303132333436»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,063 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

elperello wrote: »
    If you didn't turn the dial you'd realise that he is always onto something new or different in the world of cooking.
    Christmas is a different story but then it's only once a year.

Just by the way, it's a common misconception to mistake the lyrical way of talking and the unique turn of phrase common in that part of the country as twee or some indication of niceness.
    I know big tough lads, the kind you wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of, whose day to day language is peppered with words rooted in Gaelic, Scots Gaelic and even Middle English.
    They might speak softly but don't cross them :)

:confused:

Aaah yeah...whatever that is about, has this poster bet into a cocked hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

elperello wrote: »
    If you didn't turn the dial you'd realise that he is always onto something new or different in the world of cooking.
    Christmas is a different story but then it's only once a year.

Just by the way, it's a common misconception to mistake the lyrical way of talking and the unique turn of phrase common in that part of the country as twee or some indication of niceness.
    I know big tough lads, the kind you wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of, whose day to day language is peppered with words rooted in Gaelic, Scots Gaelic and even Middle English.
    They might speak softly but don't cross them :)

Speak softly but carry a big stick ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,870 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

The only thing that annoys me about Cavan Maguire is his pronunciation of Restrint for Restaurant.

Other than that who cares.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,063 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

The only thing that annoys me about Cavan Maguire is his pronunciation of Restrint for Restaurant.

Other than that who cares.

I do......and many others do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

I think when the presenter of the show has to softly counter a contributing reporter with "in fairness", then you know that you are not speaking to an objective political reporter, you are talking to somebody who is bringing their own bias to their reporting of the situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Lord above some terrible screeching masquerading as music going on in the MF slot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

R.I.P. Marian, she died today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭GSF

Shocking news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Shocked.

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,675 ✭✭✭serfboard

RIP. Announced here by RTÉ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,282 ✭✭✭✭elperello

RIP

One of the best broadcasters of her generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just listening to radio 1 and the ads ended and the drive time bit played and it went to ads again. I’d say in Rte at the moment it’s all over the place. Jesus I’d say they are real shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,765 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Jeez. She's not sounded well for a while, but even so... this is a bit of a surprise.
    RIP Marian - when you were on top of your game you were bloody good.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 54,596 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Appears the death was quite sudden, and unexpected. Possible heart attack..

Very sad. And still young enough..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Never her biggest fan but still sorry to hear the news of her death. RIP.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

God really sorry to hear that, I always enjoyed the paper review on a Sunday.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement