Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marian Finucane Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

He'd have a voice if he'd left the house in the last 17 years Gerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,354 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

She skipped over the RTÉ pay headlines in warp speed this morning then abruptly changed the subject to something “safe”

Public service broadcasting .....sure !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Any chance they can turn down the presenter microphone when the guest is speaking. The heavy breathing is very distracting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Any chance that RTE could get a presenter that doesn't permanently appear to have smoking related flu symptoms? Will she even last until the end of the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭randomspud

The bit where they make her talk out song lyrics for a competition has to be a running prank that some disgruntled producer is playing on her.

• Advertisement

randomspud wrote: »
    The bit where they make her talk out song lyrics for a competition has to be a running prank that some disgruntled producer is playing on her.

It’s so so bad every week. She seems to think it’s An amazing little performance from her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

It’s so so bad every week. She seems to think it’s An amazing little performance from her.

Downright embarrassing at this stage :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭randomspud

She sounds like a text-to-speech program from the 90s.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,444 ✭✭✭✭elperello

A very interesting programme.
    Good engaging guests with fascinating stories to tell.
    Interviewed with aplomb by MF.
    What more could you ask for on a Saturday morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,378 ✭✭✭Damien360

elperello wrote: »

Hi Marian

• Advertisement

Damien360 wrote: »
    Hi Marian

Very funny, cutting edge humour there Damo.
    What did you think of the programme yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

elperello wrote: »

I knew who wrote that before I ever saw the Poster's name! Is there anything you don't like in RTE apart from maybe the canteen food?

jay0109 wrote: »
    I knew who wrote that before I ever saw the Poster's name! Is there anything you don't like in RTE apart from maybe the canteen Good?

Seeing as you ask there is a lot about RTE I don't like but I was posting about today's show.

I was outdoors listening on earphones and I found the programme very engaging and interesting.
    Not sure what other people expect but it was good enough for me.

What did you think yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

For someone so wordly, i was surprised she didn't know why people might invest their ill gotten gains in watches, jewellery, high end cars etc.

Issueing an apology is becoming so pervasive as to be as devalued as the honours list

Irish times reviewer said she is out of touch and aloof yesterday

Understatement of the decade

She’s woefully under informed and has been engaging in willfully LAZY, boring and cliched broadcasting for over ten years now.

Get rid RTÉ

• Registered Users Posts: 38,891 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

A fine selection of bleeding hearts on this morning.
    Some of their comments leave me chilled.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Only one point of view allowed on RTÉ it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Lets pause and reflect is now becoming a popular line with Marians elite of Irish society. Are her guests embarrassed with their Irish accents that the feel the have to change it to an American/English one to make them feel superior.
    The just haven't a clue what happens outside their D4 bubble.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Hes really spoiling the kids there, always wanted to visit 6 County constituencies as a kid...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,674 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Not a clue have they about what it's like to live in the real world outside there insulated bubble.. They're actually scary.. one guy there saying that he would like to see the population increase by 3 million.. One view only allowed on the state broadcaster (actually most of the other broadcasters aren't any better). Are we not citizens also?? Are our views not entitled to be heard? Will we ever have a grown up conversation in this country about what type of a Ireland we want by say 2050?there are arbitrary decisions being made now which will affect generations to come and most of the citizens are being excluded from what passes for "debate" in the Irish media.. I fear we will reap a bitter harvest in the future. Anyway I guess by 2050 whoever is here can stick on their red beards and leprechaun hats on March 17 and leap around like eegits and pretend they have a country

• Registered Users Posts: 38,891 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Anyway I guess by 2050 whoever is here can stick on their red beards and leprechaun hats on March 17 and leap around like eegits and pretend they have a country
    By 2090 that won't be allowed.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Ken Murphy seems to be on the show every other week

Insufferably smug man

Not a clue have they about what it's like to live in the real world outside there insulated bubble.. They're actually scary.. one guy there saying that he would like to see the population increase by 3 million.. One view only allowed on the state broadcaster (actually most of the other broadcasters aren't any better). Are we not citizens also?? Are our views not entitled to be heard? Will we ever have a grown up conversation in this country about what type of a Ireland we want by say 2050?there are arbitrary decisions being made now which will affect generations to come and most of the citizens are being excluded from what passes for "debate" in the Irish media.. I fear we will reap a bitter harvest in the future. Anyway I guess by 2050 whoever is here can stick on their red beards and leprechaun hats on March 17 and leap around like eegits and pretend they have a country

We all seen what happened to Verona Murphy last week when she spoke for herself and not as a Government mouthpiece, branded a racist straight away in the Press/media and RTE.
    The government with the help of the Press and RTE are censoring anything that might upset their cosy jobs, no one is allowed to have their own opinion anymore, everyone is media trained and told what to say.

We might as well have robots instead of politicians now, it would work out cheaper, and not have to listen to all these silly accents that a lot of these new breed of clowns have developed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,674 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

mgn wrote: »
    We all seen what happened to Verona Murphy last week when she spoke for herself and not as a Government mouthpiece, branded a racist straight away in the Press/media and RTE.
    The government with the help of the Press and RTE are censoring anything that might upset their cosy jobs, no one is allowed to have their own opinion anymore, everyone is media trained and told what to say.

We might as well have robots instead of politicians now, it would work out cheaper, and not have to listen to all these silly accents that a lot of these new breed of clowns have developed.
    If she gets elected she'll be sent straight away to a re-education camp to be cleansed of any un-pc thoughts she might have had

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Ken Murphy seems to be on the show every other week

Insufferably smug man

You have to laugh when a member of the ruling elite of the biggest & most powerful cartel in the country starts accusing the insurance industry of unfair trading. The only minister who might have taken them on, Alan Shatter, was shafted fairly lively.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭isohon

Lets pause and reflect is now becoming a popular line with Marians elite of Irish society. Are her guests embarrassed with their Irish accents that the feel the have to change it to an American/English one to make them feel superior.
    The just haven't a clue what happens outside their D4 bubble.

I heard only Irish accents on this morning? You think some Irish accents are more worthy than others?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭isohon

The Taoiseach continues to endorse her, she hasn't been removed or unendorsed.

The only clowns are the fools saying 'ISIS is a big part of immigration' and that they might have gotten to 3 and 4 year olds...

FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Callan57 wrote: »
    You have to laugh when a member of the ruling elite of the biggest & most powerful cartel in the country starts accusing the insurance industry of unfair trading. The only minister who might have taken them on, Alan Shatter, was shafted fairly lively.

No two ways about it, the legal profession is driving the claim and highly litigious culture this country is starting to develop.

Without solicitors working pro bono and encouraging highly dubious individuals to make claims, we would have much less of an issue in this area.

Opening the law society up to individuals studying arts and the likes has been a disastrous decision in the grand scheme of things. A lot of them out there pretending to be solicitors making mummy and daddy proud but scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to making a living & lacking any sort of moral of professional decency.

• Advertisement

isohon wrote: »
    I heard only Irish accents on this morning? You think some Irish accents are more worthy than others?

As a matter of fact i would like to hear the accent of county the person is from, regardless of what county it is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement