Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you think nurses will get their payrise?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 139 ✭✭alexmalalex

gmisk wrote: »
    What polls do you have that say people don't support the strike?
    Or is it just something you seem to think is true?

he read it in the beano...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,292 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

he read it in the beano...:D
    Ah that explains it... I was always more into the Dandy :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

Ninthlife wrote: »
    It is relevant

What it is ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Tinfoil Hat

Dia1988 wrote: »
    Hahaha...using polls from the journal as credible!! Bahahaha

You've said it all now!

More “credible” than the “consensus” of a boards.ie thread!

More “credible” than the “general consensus” of a boards.ie thread!

I specifically referred to this thread as a means of general consensus , which is not a poll.

How did your circumcision go?

Did you have a good nurse?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Tinfoil Hat

I specifically referred to this thread as a means of general consensus , which is not a poll.

A poll of journal.ie readers is a better objective measure of a general consensus than the opinion of a blantantly bias boards.ie user after they’ve scanned through a thread.

And yeah went well, I had a brilliant nurse! Thanks for asking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 110 ✭✭MaryBrosnan

How did your circumcision go?

Did you have a good nurse?

Youre mad for penis talk.

Youre mad for penis talk.

Mary, have you anything constructive ever to add?

Get that free car yet from the social welfare to add to your free house and furniture you got?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

Yes like Primary teaching the cut off point is usually 470 and the intake is about 400 students. Therefore the average is in or around 530.
    Agree

Love that you agree with your own post :rolleyes: if ever there was a troll...

Love that you agree with your own post :rolleyes: if ever there was a troll...

You only come on here to argue for arguments sake!

If you have nothing constructive to add, don't contribute!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Nurses work bloody hard for very little thanks so I think they should get a negotiated pay rise. Most of the taxpayers money toward health goes to the overbloated HSE and wasteful admin stuff and paperwork and bureaucracy than the frontline services.

The only problem is that if nurses do get a pay increase, other public sector workers will also want one too.

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Nurses work bloody hard for very little thanks so I think they should get a negotiated pay rise. Most of the taxpayers money toward health goes to the overbloated HSE and wasteful admin stuff and paperwork and bureaucracy than the frontline services.

The only problem is that if nurses do get a pay increase, other public sector workers will also want one too.

Stop talking nonsense, they're already getting staged increases at the rate of 2 or 3 a year. They are one of the highest paid in the OECD.

I think you'd be better off going back playing with your Lego instead of spouting jibberish rubbish!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Stop talking nonsense, they're already getting staged increases at the rate of 2 or 3 a year. They are one of the highest paid in the OECD.

I think you'd be better off going back playing with your Lego instead of spouting jibberish rubbish!

You do know when you try to get personal and attempt to insult another poster, you’ve lost any coherent argument that you had.

And yes, I’m an AFOL (Adult Fan Of LEGO) we have our own forum on boards and I’m not in any way ashamed of that.

JupiterKid wrote: »
    You do know when you try to get personal and attempt to insult another poster, you’ve lost any coherent argument that you had.

And yes, I’m an AFOL (Adult Fan Of LEGO) we have our own forum on boards and I’m not in any way ashamed of that.

An AFOL.........ROFL!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Varta

Varta wrote: »
    I think someone dropped their phone into the chimpanzee enclosure in Dublin Zoo. In the kingdom of the witless a half-wit is still a half-wit.

A private message I received from this person Dia1988:

<SNIP>

I really don't think anyone should take him/her seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

An AFOL.........ROFL!!

Very mature response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭Sunflower 27

Very mature response.

Also a pointless response :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Also a pointless response :)

What's your point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

The problem is nurses here don't live in other countries. We kind of need them here in Irish hospitals.
    What's your own job anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-If you get threatening pms there is nothing the mods can do. You need to report it (little triangle in top left corner of pm) so the admins can deal with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭mattser

The problem is nurses here don't live in other countries. We kind of need them here in Irish hospitals.

Cop on. You're only feeding this person.

Grinchbot wrote: »
    Mod-If you get threatening pms there is nothing the mods can do. You need to report it (little triangle in top left corner of pm) so the admins can deal with it.

I've been receiving threatening and abusive PMs from certain users on here. They've even attacked my family.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I've been receiving threatening and abusive PMs from certain users on here. They've even attacked my family.

Have you reported them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Anyway , back to the inmo and pna threatened strike action. I know it’s a journal poll !! But anyway , I see 76% of the votes actually support the nurses .. that’s a big %

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

hawkelady wrote: »
    Anyway , back to the inmo and pna threatened strike action. I know it’s a journal poll !! But anyway , I see 76% of the votes actually support the nurses .. that’s a big %

Over 50% on Boards were going to vote for Peter Casey apparently.

80% of those that voted were nurses on their shifty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

The journal is full of anti government everything and free things for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

The journal is full of anti government everything and free things for everyone.

Fair enough , I wasn’t aware of their narrative ! Has there be a Red Sea poll or anything

Nurses here get paid more than those in London , last time I checked London was more expensive to live in than Roscommon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,398 ✭✭✭✭road_high

A Journal.ie poll- the most militant, left wing removed from reality readers you could find. They’re predicting daily the collapse of the govt to replaced by a SF PBP coalition.
    I’m actually surprised it’s only 76%, rest must be the other % who hate all workers and would prefer the money spent on welfare

Advertisement