Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French author, 50, says he's incapable of loving a woman of 50

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

And finally, it's one thing to state a preference - "I like people with blue eyes." It's another thing to follow up a preference with an insult, "I like people with blue eyes. Brown eyed people look like they have ****e in their pupils." What's the hoped for takeaway there? I mean, yes you can absolutely say that and no one should ever take away your right to say that. But, seriously - what's the desired reaction of pointing out a physical flaw that a person can neither control nor fix? You may not be able to control your evolutionary wiring, but you can probably control the words that come out of your mouth.

I'm all for people saying this if that's what they think rather than saying it behind my back. Makes it simpler to cut them out of my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

professore wrote: »
    He's just stating facts.

Fat, broke, old, short and ugly men are invisible too and no one would be shocked by that. In fact from mid 30s to mid 50s is the only time a man is more attractive to the opposite sex than a woman of the same age.

What do 50+ women want to be attractive to other men for anyway - they should be happy with their 50+ life partners. Oh yeah I forgot - women only want to look good for other women.

If there wasn't any truth in it no one would be outraged.

Happily in the real world most of us are very happy with our life partners & visa versa but if you were following the logic here, it's our life partners that are not happy to be with our post wall selves and want to be with 25 year olds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

I'm not outraged at the French dude, the sexual preferences of someone I've never even heard of are not going to get me upset. But stuff like "Post wall" women, yeah, I find that totally depressing and sad.
    I wouldn't bother getting depressed or sad about it. Most men aren't such bitter misogynists.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Bla bla digs as usual from professore, but wait:

We... do? :confused:

I like to look good for myself cos I'm vain like that!

Mrsmum wrote: »
    Happily in the real world most of us are very happy with our life partners & visa versa but if you were following the logic here, it's our life partners that are not happy to be with our post wall selves and want to be with 25 year olds.

No... One dickhead French guy is like that. I'm quite happy with my nearly 50 year old "post wall" life partner thank you very much.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't bother getting depressed or sad about it. Most men aren't such bitter misogynists.

Very true, thankfully it's not a term that I've heard anyone using in real life

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭Sonic Youth

Worships? Sounds like dynamic right at home in a certain religion DS criticises a lot.

Well not really since he doesn't beat her or make her wear a veil.

She's really likes him.

Go east young (white) man.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

DS86DS wrote: »
    Women need to .

Give me a silly and not too bright, but loving and caring 25 year old.....over a ball busting and angry 30+ career woman who will put her career above me any day of the week.

They are not just past their prime years to start a family and have a long term marriage in the traditional sense. But they tend to be very angry and aggressive go-getter types that see themselves in constant battle with their men.

So what you're saying is get them young (and "not too bright" so they won't question your bull****) and trap them with children so that their chance of a career is hindered. And then they reach 35+ and what? You'll trade up for a younger model if bitter aul wans aren't your thing and leave them with no career or prospects? You sound like a catch.

It might shock you to learn that many women manage to get married and have children, as well as having a career and still manage to do the bulk of the childcare and housework while they're at it. It's not like those are either/or options these days.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    So what you're saying is get them young (and "not too bright" so they won't question your bull****) and trap them with children so that their chance of a career is hindered. And then they reach 35+ and what? You'll trade up for a younger model if bitter aul wans aren't your thing and leave them with no career or prospects?
    It's actually incredible how close to a certain world it sounds.

Yeah two incomes is necessary for a lot of homes nowadays.

Very true, thankfully it's not a term that I've heard anyone using in real life
    I like to look attractive to men - don't give a sh1t what women think!

• Advertisement

Bla bla digs as usual from professore, but wait:

We... do? :confused:

Then why care what some French MAN thinks LOL... you're probably going to say you don't care

Edit.... You do care. Fair play... Damn I thought I was going to have some fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

I'm not outraged at the French dude, the sexual preferences of someone I've never even heard of are not going to get me upset. But stuff like "Post wall" women, yeah, I find that totally depressing and sad.

Yeah that stuff is just PURE schadenfreude. Nelson from The Simpson's style "haha!" from men that revel gleefully at the idea that women have a "window" and suddenly turn into grotesque unfcukable messes after they hit some magical number they've plucked out of thin air.

It's pure comedy and transparent as a smack in the face with a wet fish.

Comedic interlude

Meanwhile lads will continue to be attracted to women far younger than them and the vast majority of younger women will continue to cringe and rebuff their advances unless they're very rich, famous or an anomaly of a man they fancied despite their older age; and the rest of us will inevitably age (that's if we're lucky) and couple up with people in our peer groups because that's how the world works.

It's a vile term alright, but there's plenty of "post wall" men out there too. To some degree you can choose how you look as you age with exercise, healthy eating, etc.
    You won't see women describing them as post wall though
    And yeah how well you age depends on lifestyle but 35 is a bit early yet.

Meanwhile lads will continue to be attracted to women far younger than them and the vast majority of younger women will continue to cringe and rebuff their advances unless they're very rich, famous or an anomaly of a man they fancied despite their older age; and the rest of us will inevitably age (that's if we're lucky) and couple up with people in our peer groups because that's how the world works.

Most men actually aren't that attracted to women "far younger" than them. 5-10 years younger is about right but this tends to work in the opposite direction with women too... Any teenage boy will tell you that, with teenage girls going after older guys.

When you get to 50+ then both sexes the far younger thing would come into play.

You won't see women describing them as post wall though
    And yeah how well you age depends on lifestyle but 35 is a bit early yet.

Yes, people on this thread can mouth off about "angry feminists" but I'm not aware of any equivalent term that women use, or any equivalent movement to the bleak PUA stuff

professore wrote: »
    Then why care what some French MAN thinks LOL... you're probably going to say you don't care

Edit.... You do care. Fair play... Damn I thought I was going to have some fun
    Openly admitting you enjoy being on a wind-up.

Actually I stated earlier a number of times that this man can fancy whomever he likes and it's ridiculous of women that age to get angry with him. I also stated that biology dictates that men find young women attractive - again, can't argue with that.

What i objected to was the derogatory way women, simply for not being very young, were being spoken about here. It's utterly unnecessary. But there is a minority that love doing it. But simply finding very young women the most attractive? Absolutely fair enough - and can be expressed without insults towards women older than that. It really can.

I just noted your comment about how women make themselves look good for other women (and stating as fact) because it's bollox. Well it applies to some women I'm sure but I don't get why some people think they know what all women think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Mrsmum wrote: »
    But sure according to you if we gave up our notions and settled down at 25 to spend our prime years looking after you, when we got to fifty years, nay even 35 years of age and after all that is inevitable, you would no longer find us attractive and off you'd go chasing 25 year olds or even just perving after them. So wouldn't we women be better off minding our careers as we are doing and going to the sperm bank at 35 if we need to.

Seriously. Why would you want to invest that much in a person who views you as having an expiration date?

True, but a scary amount of men are carrying resentment/hurt/damage with them from their days in underage and college nightclubs. It's amazing how many men still go on about how they were treated years after they should have left those days behind them. (And yes, underage/college nightclubs are awful for many, possibly even most men, so what, it's a hard age for loads of people).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Katgurl

I see all the c**£$ are out in force.

Talking about women who happen to have been born over 50 years ago in such an insulting manner is disgusting. I assume most of you know and love someone in that age bracket; mother, aunt, wife, sister. I hope they realise how unattractive they are and if they have a man they should at least have the good sense to worship him even if they're not 25 and asian.

Vile attitudes here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Well it applies to some women I'm sure but I don't get why some people think they know what all women think.

They probably think they know because they've heard enough different women say it and very rarely if ever hear the opposite. I'm 36 and you saying you like to look good for men as opposed to for yourself or for other women - first time I've heard it.

• Advertisement

True, but a scary amount of men are carrying resentment/hurt/damage with them from their days in underage and college nightclubs. It's amazing how many men still go on about how they were treated years after they should have left those days behind them. (And yes, underage/college nightclubs are awful for many, possibly even most men, so what, it's a hard age for loads of people).
    Aye. I cannot stand those utter bitches who ridicule lads for chatting them up and having the absolute neck not to be gorgeous.

But there's no logic to the backlash. "I'm angry over how some women treated me 15 years ago - I'm gonna insult and blame ALL women, and make the stupidest claims ever!"

Isn't that what they object to feminists doing re men?

grindle wrote: »
    They probably think they know because they've heard enough different women say it and very rarely if ever hear the opposite. I'm 36 and you saying you like to look good for men as opposed to for yourself or for other women - first time I've heard it.
    Fair enough. That hasn't been my own personal experience.

grindle wrote: »

To be fair, it's hardly a shock that someone might want to look good for the opposite sex and this should be no surprise to anyone. We all do it. I also really enjoy make-up and sometimes wear it even when I'm not seeing anyone so that's what I mean when I say I do it for myself

Aye. I cannot stand those utter bitches who ridicule lads for chatting them up and having the absolute neck not to be gorgeous.

But there's no logic to the backlash. "I'm angry over how some women treated me 15 years ago - I'm gonna insult and blame ALL women, and make the stupidest claims ever!"

Isn't that what they object to feminists doing re men?

Exactly! "And they were shallow about me, so I'll be shallow about someone else! That'll really show them!". If people are still bitter over being rejected as a teen and are looking to punish all women, they need help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

So many women here who seem to think that life is one big episode of Sex and the City.

"I can have this high flying career as well as be a mother and wife in the traditional sense".

Such delusional thinking, not many people can pull off such a manoeuvre no matter how feminists try to sugar coat it.

There's a lot of talk about egg freezing etc. which is completely irrelevant to the irrefutable evidence at hand, and that is that a woman's prime years are her early to mid-20s. That is basic biological and scientific fact, and no amount of feminist cheerleading is going to change that.

Life is not one big episode of Sex and the City. Sadly many women have been duped by feminists into thinking that this is the case, but unfortunately it doesn't work out like this in real life.

Choose Mammon over Motherhood and there are consequences. We all have to make difficult life choices, nobody can have their cake and eat it too.

I'm thinking that there are many women 35+ who made this mistake and now that it's too late, are depressed and lonely over the decisions they once made.

After all, a husband and children will appreciate your motherhood and contribuions to the family house. A cat couldn't care less if you are a high flying city accountant.

Which women here think that life is an episode of Sex & The City? Nobody is in denial about their fertility and nobody has said being a high-flying single career woman is better than having a family. You're making stuff up in order to be derogatory.

The actual reality is that most women have children if they want to, and huge numbers do so well after their early to mid 20s, but obviously not their 40s. And these are women who have completed an education and achieved a career and then they compromise for motherhood. I don't understand why you're denying reality (well I do ;)).

And there are women who aren't interested in a career and just want to be mothers, and that's fine too. Then there are women who have children very young and also embrace a high-flying career. And don't have a problem with men. And some of these women who have children are also feminists (three of the most annoying feminists I know all have children and partners/husbands). And some women with a family love cats. And some single women prefer dogs. Others do both the career thing and have children later in life, which can't be easy but many households need two incomes. And some women are happy just to have a partner. And some can't have children. And some just haven't been lucky with meeting someone.

It's almost as if there are various types of these female folks.

You're obsessed with feminism and it's you who keeps going on about it. No women here are singing its praises. Simply disputing some of what you say (not the biological stuff - although countless women do have children without issue after their mid 20s) does not automatically mean worshipping at the altar of feminism, or being a cat lady, or thinking life is like Sex & The City, or thinking they can have children no bother if they wait until their 40s.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Women can choose what they want these days, have a career, a family or even..shock..both. some people aren't happy about that it seems. Some of the career women responsible for the downfall of society aren't even feminists anyway.

Also, sex and the city ended 15 years ago ffs. And it was just a tv show. What relevance does it have to people's life choices?

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Women can choose what they want these days, have a career, a family or even..shock..both. some people aren't happy about that it seems. Some of the career women responsible for the downfall of society aren't even feminists anyway.

Also, sex and the city ended 15 years ago ffs. And it was just a tv show. What relevance does it have to people's life choices?

Sex and the City is used as a reference point by guys with an extremely narrow world view of women- those who haven't had a lot of interactions or experience with women in real life and/ or harbour bitterness.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

DS86DS wrote: »

Give me a silly and not too bright, but loving and caring 25 year old.

So.........it's a puppy you actually want then in reality ?

Deprived of a puppy when were a kid or did your one run out the gate under a car

Every chance it got

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

gctest50 wrote: »
    So.........it's a puppy you actually want then in reality ?

Deprived of a puppy when were a kid or did your one run out the gate under a car

Every chance it got

Wishing death on a cute little puppy? Wow so many angry and bitter women here.

Advertisement