Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French author, 50, says he's incapable of loving a woman of 50

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Rich, famous, an author and now a bad boy. I think he’ll do okay out of this.

I do have to laugh how they took his comments then got reactionary comments from offended people to create a story about nothing. Offended reactions really do sell and keep the ‘story’ going.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Does everything not cause outrage on social media...are we now more outraged about the supposed imaginary outrage...the hoardes of angry feminists that cant really be quoted except in a vague way, or are there more people outraged by this idea then the outrage in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

DS86DS wrote: »
    If this was about a woman saying she couldn't love a man below a certain income threshold, nobody would have batted an eyelid.
    Horse sh1t. She would be absolutely pilloried. As if e.g. you wouldn't bat an eyelid.

I agree with you about the hypocrisy and resentment of those women but you don't know that they're all feminists, you are a bit obsessive about them/feminists, and your posts are also pretty resentful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭Sonic Youth

Wibbs wrote: »
    WTF is "post wall"? Jaysus I thought I was down with the kidz.

You're in for a hell of a ride when you discover your first manosphere/red pill glossary, boomer friend :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

Horse sh1t. She would be absolutely pilloried. As if e.g. you wouldn't bat an eyelid.

I agree with you about the hypocrisy and resentment of those women but you don't know that they're all feminists, you are a bit obsessive about them/feminists, and your posts are also pretty resentful.

But all of this was started by crazy and angry feminists.

I didn't go out and start complaining on a TV show or internet forum about women wanting richer men or men with mansions and a personal boat and jet in Monaco.

I just get on with my own life instead of whinging about why women are doing so and so, wanting rich men etc.

If feminists took the same approach, this wouldn't even be a debate.

• Advertisement

You're in for a hell of a ride when you discover your first manosphere/red pill glossary, boomer friend :)
    Aka Misogyny 101.

Not in the media she wouldn't. She'd be celebrated as a strong independent woman.

Have to say I'm not affected by this sjw/woke feminism **** in real life. I'm just sick of it being constantly pushed in my face by the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,868 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

What about Macron and Brigitte?

Just as an example of course!

Not in the media she wouldn't. She'd be celebrated as a strong independent woman.
    She wouldn't get the criticism she deserves, granted, but no way would she be celebrated as a strong independent woman. Her "story" would be used as clickbait to start a comments war, like that Samantha Brick one - and she would be lambasted. She'd be on that morning show with Holly and Philip, and they would gently tut tut.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Have to say I'm not affected by this sjw/woke feminism **** in real life. I'm just sick of it being constantly pushed in my face by the media.
    How is this been pushed in your face. Some French guy says something, other people think he is a bit of a dick for saying. Its not outrage nobody is getting that upset about, just responding.
    You are choosing to discuss this on an internet forum, then saying it is pushed in your face. You don't have to read these articles if they are going to annoy you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

I just looked up "Post wall":

"A woman who has passed her fertility window and has become very unattractive to men.
    After women hit 35, they are basically a post wall woman. It's like they hit a wall at full speed and their face got all messed up"

"A woman who has passed her fertility window and has become very unattractive to men.
    After women hit 35, they are basically a post wall woman. It's like they hit a wall at full speed and their face got all messed up"
    If a woman's face becomes "messed up" to that extent all of a sudden when she hits 35, she really needs to visit a health professional!

Such bitterness - and let me guess? Lots of the proponents of this toxic stuff are disgusted by how women are treated in Islam.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Cutie 3.14

glasso wrote: »
    here's the wan who posted her arse btw. hard to tell if it's a decent one. judicious angle

DwQUnqfX4AEr1FM.jpg

I’m thirty and my arše isn’t as nice as that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

Prince Harry obviously never got the memo. As an example of a guy who wouldn't be exactly lacking in choice, he went and picked a 'post wall' woman.

If a woman's face becomes "messed up" to that extent all of a sudden when she hits 35, she really needs to visit a health professional!

Such bitterness - and let me guess? Lots of the proponents of this toxic stuff are disgusted by how women are treated in Islam.

Really depressing stuff. But on the plus side, anyone who uses this term (or similar) is giving a handy and clear indicator they're a massive d*ckhead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

Really depressing stuff. But on the plus side, anyone who uses this term (or similar) is giving a handy and clear indicator they're a massive d*ckhead

Women need to understand that their prime years are in their early to mid-20s, when they are the most fertile and attractive to men.

This is basic science and evolutionary psychology

Traditionally, this was the age when most women married and started having families.

But thanks to feminism, women are putting off marriage and starting a family well into their 40s and put career above having birth and starting the next generation through starting a family.

But the thing is, is that many of these career women are delusional. Men couldn't care less about what a woman's career and education is, and I say that as somebody who has been to university.

Give me a silly and not too bright, but loving and caring 25 year old.....over a ball busting and angry 30+ career woman who will put her career above me any day of the week.

They are not just past their prime years to start a family and have a long term marriage in the traditional sense. But they tend to be very angry and aggressive go-getter types that see themselves in constant battle with their men.

Most men are sensible as to their where their worth lies and settle accordingly, as do nice young traditional women.

I think you'll find in years to come when all of the women who put career above family reach their 40s and 50s, that the reality will set in. Sadly it will be too late.

One has to wonder if Feminism is really one big conspiracy propagated by the cat food industry.

joe40 wrote: »
    How is this been pushed in your face. Some French guy says something, other people think he is a bit of a dick for saying. Its not outrage nobody is getting that upset about, just responding.
    You are choosing to discuss this on an internet forum, then saying it is pushed in your face. You don't have to read these articles if they are going to annoy you

French guy merely expresses an opinion and suddenly he's an evil 'sexist'. **** gets old.

I do agree it's best to avoid this stuff but since every mainstream platform seems bent on promoting feminism/sjw/transexualism etc it's hard to avoid it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

this guy thinking he would continuously date (asian) women @ 25 years reminded me of this

273c5db0ceb59df8c59eddc21425bbdb-jpg.218535

mvl wrote: »
    this guy thinking he would continuously date (asian) women @ 25 years reminded me of this

273c5db0ceb59df8c59eddc21425bbdb-jpg.218535

Asian women age like fine wine and are traditional which is attractive to men. Hence a lot of western men are colonizing east Asia as we speak.

My 47 year old friend in China has a 23 year gf who worships him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Women need to understand that their prime years are in their early to mid-20s, when they are the most fertile and attractive to men.

Traditionally, this was the age when most women married and started having families.

But thanks to feminism, women are putting off marriage and starting a family well into their 40s and put career above having birth and starting the next generation through starting a family.

But the thing is, is that many of these career women are delusional. Men couldn't care less about what a woman's career and education is, and I say that as somebody who has been to university.

Give me a silly and not too bright, but loving and caring 25 year old.....over a ball busting and angry 30+ career woman who will put her career above me any day of the week.

They are not just past their prime years to start a family and have a long term marriage in the traditional sense. But they tend to be very angry and aggressive go-getter types that see themselves in constant battle with their men.

Most men are sensible as to their where their worth lies and settle accordingly, as do nice young traditional women.

I think you'll find in years to come when all of the women who put career above family reach their 40s and 50s, that the reality will set in. Sadly it will be too late.

One has to wonder if Feminism is really one big conspiracy propagated by the cat food industry.
    Youre putting a lot of effort into your trolling

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

The problem comes when affix a person's value to their sexual attractiveness and age. I see that a lot in conversations about people becoming less attractive as they age. Some people will frame it as a person's value going down. That's a really dehumanizing way to view anyone, let alone a large group of people.

And the insults that get thrown around about older people - like, is it necessary? I mean, we're all either going to die young or end up sagging. It's just such a cheap shot to take, especially considering how hard aging can be for everyone, not just psychologically, but physically. The world is kind to very few people past 50.

And finally, it's one thing to state a preference - "I like people with blue eyes." It's another thing to follow up a preference with an insult, "I like people with blue eyes. Brown eyed people look like they have ****e in their pupils." What's the hoped for takeaway there? I mean, yes you can absolutely say that and no one should ever take away your right to say that. But, seriously - what's the desired reaction of pointing out a physical flaw that a person can neither control nor fix? You may not be able to control your evolutionary wiring, but you can probably control the words that come out of your mouth.

+1 to all of this.

There's this strange Schadenfreude in a certain cohort of men when it comes to ageing women and how they "de-value" on the dating scene, almost always accompanied by the usual trite bs cliches about "men age like fine wine, women age like milk", blah blah ad nauseum.

Almost as if "aha! Finally! Revenge on those horrible big-headed attractive women who wouldn't look sideways at me 20 years ago!" One poster blatantly expressed that exact sentiment a few pages back, which is the most honest I've ever seen anyone be about the motives behind the unfiltered smug glee expressed when the subject of women in their 30s+ and their attractiveness is concerned. (Paging Choresex guy, come in Choresex guy)

I'm not offended by French McFrenchy expressing a rather cliched opinion in an entirely French way, what's offensive is the "old bag" / "prune" / "nagging aul wan" potshots, par for the course in a thread about women around here.

Anyway, from the other side of the fence, I'm a woman closer to 25 than 50 and by a country mile the majority of men who hit on me and have always hit on me online were 20+ years older and arsed or interested I could be not. Go on outta that like! It's "Dad's mate" territory and I'm not physically attracted, news flash, 50 year old men's bodies aren't "extraordinary" either lads!

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Youre putting a lot of effort into your trolling

I think he's talking a lot a sense. A friend of mine was telling me recently about some friends of hers who have wasted large sums of money on freezing eggs and ivf. All for nothing. I think the same reality is hitting my friend and a lot of other women in their 30s I know.

It's sad. Much better to have children in your 20s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

But sure according to you if we gave up our notions and settled down at 25 to spend our prime years looking after you, when we got to fifty years, nay even 35 years of age and after all that is inevitable, you would no longer find us attractive and off you'd go chasing 25 year olds or even just perving after them. So wouldn't we women be better off minding our careers as we are doing and going to the sperm bank at 35 if we need to.

I think he's talking a lot a sense. A friend of mine was telling me recently about some friends of hers who have wasted large sums of money on freezing eggs and ivf. All for nothing. I think the same reality is hitting my friend and a lot of other women in their 30s I know.

It's sad. Much better to have children in your 20s.

Well I don't have kids and don't want them but if I did, I certainly would have been in no place financially or mentally to have them in my 20s. There's no right or wrong time to have kids, just the right time for those involved. Besides, why aren't more 20 something guys looking to have kids or is this all the fault of women? I don't know, from my own personal experience, any guys in their 20s who wanted kids

Women don't "need to understand" this - we know full well that our most fertile years are in our 20s DS - we are told this constantly! Early to mid 20s most attractive to men? Don't know about that - think that might be just you thinking you speak for all men, but yeah 20s, early 30s.

None of the above makes it true however that a woman's face looks like it crashed into a wall when she turns 35. A frankly retarded thing to say. Again, why the insults just for ageing, nothing else?

"Most men are sensible as to where their worth lies" - could you explain this? (And ditto regarding "nice" :D young traditional women").

I'm not sure why you say most men don't give a sh1t about a woman's education - as I don't think that's why women get an education. How do you know about most men anyway? Lots of men find being educated attractive. I think you're attempting to speak for all men again.

You keep talking about extremes and either/or too - what about women who get an education, career and have children in their late 20s/early 30s? And i understand criticism of feminism today but earlier feminism that advocated education and career? Criticism of that seems more at home within a certain religion you criticise a lot. It means the woman can be self sufficient if she doesn't meet a man until later in life - better than being a gold digger surely?

I think you should stop putting women in boxes of "women I approve of" and "crazy hard-core feminists". There's much more variety to us. E.g. a woman can have a career and not be at all an angry man-hater!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

He's just stating facts.

Fat, broke, old, short and ugly men are invisible too and no one would be shocked by that. In fact from mid 30s to mid 50s is the only time a man is more attractive to the opposite sex than a woman of the same age.

What do 50+ women want to be attractive to other men for anyway - they should be happy with their 50+ life partners. Oh yeah I forgot - women only want to look good for other women.

If there wasn't any truth in it no one would be outraged.

My 47 year old friend in China has a 23 year gf who worships him.
    Worships? Sounds like dynamic right at home in a certain religion DS criticises a lot.

professore wrote: »
    He's just stating facts.

Fat, broke, old, short and ugly men are invisible too and no one would be shocked by that. In fact from mid 30s to mid 50s is the only time a man is more attractive to the opposite sex than a woman of the same age.

What do 50+ women want to be attractive to other men for anyway - they should be happy with their 50+ life partners. Oh yeah I forgot - women only want to look good for other women.

If there wasn't any truth in it no one would be outraged.

I'm not outraged at the French dude, the sexual preferences of someone I've never even heard of are not going to get me upset. But stuff like "Post wall" women, yeah, I find that totally depressing and sad.

Bla bla digs as usual from professore, but wait:
    professore wrote: »
    women only want to look good for other women.
    We... do? :confused:

• Advertisement

I'm not outraged at the French dude, the sexual preferences of someone I've never even heard of are not going to get me upset. But stuff like "Post wall" women, yeah, I find that totally depressing and sad.

It's a vile term alright, but there's plenty of "post wall" men out there too. To some degree you can choose how you look as you age with exercise, healthy eating, etc.

Advertisement