Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French author, 50, says he's incapable of loving a woman of 50

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Skit does't work, surely Amy would have known about the ritual having gotten it the day she reached the age of consent.
    Very strange hostility.

I know there's the bandwagon n' all which some guys *must* jump on, and she's not a stunning beauty, but obviously she's not that bad looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

I’d have to disagree. It would certainly turn the odd 20-something head but I don’t think it would make as big a difference as you think.

The numbers of 20-somethings pairing up with 50-somethings would be outliers. When I was in my 20s, 50 something men, even moneybags 50-something men, were not on my radar. If asked to consider a man of that age in my 20s, my first thought would be about his health. People of any age can get seriously ill but it gets much much more likely the older you get. It would have been a huge part of the equation for me.

I am not saying that all or even a big percentage of 20 somethings are gold diggers but I do think there is more than you let on. Look at that sugar daddy website for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Very strange hostility.

I know there's the bandwagon n' all which some guys *must* jump on, and she's not a stunning beauty, but obviously she's not that bad looking.

Why? Should I automatically think Amy Schumer is ****able??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Thomas_IV

glasso wrote: »

“I prefer younger women’s bodies, that’s all. End of. The body of a 25-year-old woman is extraordinary. The body of a woman of 50 is not extraordinary at all,” he said.

Well, he appears to me to be just another old man who has a problem with getting older himself ('try to stay and appear young by taking a much younger partner'). Maybe he might look at himself in a mirror and ask himself whether the 25 year old woman finds hims that attractive that she would rather let go of a man of her own age?

There is more to love than just sex, but this man seems to have missed out some of the more important things in life.

Ah now Weld - you know fully that I didn't remotely even imply that! :)

Come on, you can do better.

Obviously I mean the level of venom towards her by saying her last ****able day was when she reached the age of consent is completely unhinged. You obviously know she's not even slightly as hideous as that. Think for yourself - don't be told what to think by some women haters on some website

Nowhere did I even hint that you "should" think she's ****able. Or even just pretty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

DS86DS wrote: »
    So many women here who seem to think that life is one big episode of Sex and the City.

"I can have this high flying career as well as be a mother and wife in the traditional sense".

Such delusional thinking, not many people can pull off such a manoeuvre no matter how feminists try to sugar coat it.

There's a lot of talk about egg freezing etc. which is completely irrelevant to the irrefutable evidence at hand, and that is that a woman's prime years are her early to mid-20s. That is basic biological and scientific fact, and no amount of feminist cheerleading is going to change that.

Life is not one big episode of Sex and the City. Sadly many women have been duped by feminists into thinking that this is the case, but unfortunately it doesn't work out like this in real life.

Choose Mammon over Motherhood and there are consequences. We all have to make difficult life choices, nobody can have their cake and eat it too.

I'm thinking that there are many women 35+ who made this mistake and now that it's too late, are depressed and lonely over the decisions they once made.

After all, a husband and children will appreciate your motherhood and contribuions to the family house. A cat couldn't care less if you are a high flying city accountant.
    How's life going there, back in the 1950s ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

I'ts Dirty Old Man i believe.

Well I don't believe the term is or should be automatically levied at men who date younger women but it can apply to men who behave a certain way. If you don't know what that is, you've never experienced it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

The Loose Women have their say...........

Who let these Aul wans out of the bingo hall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Ah now Weld - you know fully that I didn't remotely even imply that! :)

Come on, you can do better.

Obviously I mean the level of venom towards her by saying her last ****able day was when she reached the age of consent is completely unhinged. You obviously know she's not even slightly as hideous as that. Think for yourself - don't be told what to think by some women haters on some website

Nowhere did I even hint that you "should" think she's ****able. Or even just pretty.

She is that hideous, and not just in the looks department.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Rory28 wrote: »
    I am not saying that all or even a big percentage of 20 somethings are gold diggers but I do think there is more than you let on. Look at that sugar daddy website for example.

It’s a minority. Not a tiny minority but not a sizeable one either. I’ve met women in my life who are open about wanting a rich man. They do exist. But they are still a minority.

Tbh, that sugar daddy website doesn’t seem feature many people looking for a real relationship. And, it being a sugar daddy website, naturally the women who interact with the site are going to be women who want a rich man. That’s kind of the main sorting criterion for the site. It doesn’t tell us much about women at large.

• Advertisement

She is that hideous, and not just in the looks department.
    Nah she isn't at all. She's perfectly normal and ordinary looking and you wouldn't do a double take if you passed her on the street.

Nothing hideous about her personality either - she's just not girlie and not that slim (but far from huge).

It's important to think for yourself rather than jump on a bandwagon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

French author looks like he got dragged through the ugly bush backwards, sexually objectifies women, has opinions on their worth which MUST BE HEARD.

Meanwhile Irish man has a Guinness, complains about "herself".

Also water's fcuking wet lads.

The reaction to it seems very stereotypically French as well. Man says he doesn't want to **** any women over 50, women over 50 show how fcukable they are. Correct response is "**** off fatty".

Thread's pretty peak AH too "all he did was express a preference, it's not offensive. But since we're on the subject, here are my grievances against women, parts I-IV"

Who let these Aul wans out of the bingo hall.
    Coleen Nolan isn't that old but acts old all right. Gloria Hunniford is nearly 79 - oldie all right.

Loose Women is an awful awful show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

It doesn’t tell us much about women at large.

Of course. I was originally responding to a comment that suggested he will have no luck getting a 25 year old gf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Rory28 wrote: »
    Of course. I was originally responding to a comment that suggested he will have no luck getting a 25 year old gf.

Well, after all this publicity, his chances will have greatly increased. Without the publicity? He probably wouldn’t have found it all that easy, even with all the money.

So women are either f*ckable or hideous.... yep, we have another bitter 'un here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

Skit does't work, surely Amy would have known about the ritual having gotten it the day she reached the age of consent.

Harsh and hypocritical. Just because a girl doesn't fit the narrow definition of what men consider "hot" doesn't mean she should be overlooked from the day she reaches the age of consent.

As a teen I was considered unattractive (puppy fat, mousy hair, spots etc.) and boys were brutal to me. Brutal. At school they used to hawk up phlegm and spit at me when I walked past. I also had large breasts and they used to try to grab them.

Around 16/17 I went on a diet and lost the puppy fat. My skin cleared up. I took up cycling and running. I got a better hairstyle. I started getting a very different kind of attention. Boys stopped spitting when I walked past but they still tried to grab my breasts.

Thus from a young age I was aware of how shallow some boys and men were and how hung up they were on appearance. Many men who are bitter about being overlooked by girls in their teens and 20s did just that with girls like me. At least women didn't hawk up phlegm and spit in their faces when they were rejecting them.

I got an average amount of attention from my 20s to my mid-40s then I moved from the city to a remote rural location.

I suppose I am now officially "invisible" and that suits me just fine. I am caught up in family responsibilities and I have my mind on more serious things than staying attractive to men. However I do take care of my health and fitness as much as time permits because I need to be strong to take care of my responsibilities.

I don't care what Monsieur Noix (sorry Moix) thinks of women in their late 40s or over 50. He is first and foremost trying to sell a book. He wants attention and so far he has got it in spades. The poor man looks like the obstetrician damaged his forehead with a forceps at delivery and is well aware that young women would not look at him if had an ordinary job. He is famous and wealthy and thus has no problem attracting the young Asian girls he likes.

In some Asian countries it is not as frowned upon to be a gold digger as it is in the West. Perhaps these girls are investing in their future for a time they will no longer be as attractive to wealthy men such as Monsieur Moix. Some use the money they get from these men to support their families. Also a man with an average income in the West can be considered a very rich man in certain Asian countries.

Very strange hostility.

The cheek of Amy Schumer to exist in Hollywood despite not being "f*ckable" to all men!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Nah she isn't at all. She's perfectly normal and ordinary looking and you wouldn't do a double take if you passed her on the street.

Nothing hideous about her personality either - she's just not girlie and not that slim (but far from huge).
    I'd agree with the not doing a double take G. Hardly "hideous", she's very bland looking. The public personality is an act anyway.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

Sardonicat wrote: »

Would rather a young woman who loves to cook and clean with a great body over some 30+ career type who can't even boil an egg. Nothing wrong with personal taste.

• Advertisement

Would rather a young woman who loves to cook and clean with a great body over some 30+ career type who can't even boil an egg. Nothing wrong with personal taste.

I hope you can afford it. Most households take two incomes to run now.

Off into the time machine with you so.

Emme wrote: »

I hope you can afford it. Most households take two incomes to run now.
    Most men can boil their own eggs, too.

Absolutely nothing. Although there was a lot more to the post in question.

Now. How come you've been incapable of posting your preference without throwing in insults and coming across as someone who really does not like women apart from your ideal of a subservient maid who doesn't know about anything?

And, how come you pretend it's only one or the other and disregard all of the diversity among women?

The poster expressed a wish for a young women to cook and clean for him. One would assume he would rather not boil his own eggs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

Eh, honestly, he might get a bit of interest from 20-somethings but I don’t think he’d be inundated. From my own experiences, for the most part, 50-something men wouldn’t be on the radar of 20-something women. Just generally.

Generally speaking, no. But it certainly helps to be famous, have money, or have an aura of literary or intellectual sophistication. Young women frequently have crushes on their professors, for instance -- men who are often 20+ years older than them. When novelist Cormac McCarthy was 64, he married a 32-year-old. So it does happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,277 ✭✭✭cgcsb

He hardly has young wans, other than gold diggers, bating down his door demanding sex though does he?

Emme wrote: »

The poster expressed a wish for a young women to cook and clean for him. One would assume he would rather not boil his own eggs.
    Indeed. And most young women would rather boil their own heads then enter into the kind of relationship he has described.

Absolutely nothing. Although there was a lot more to the post in question.

Now. How come you've been incapable of posting your preference without throwing in insults and coming across as someone who really does not like women apart from your ideal of a subservient maid who doesn't know about anything?

And, how come you pretend it's only one or the other and disregard all of the diversity among women?

His narrow world view of women is obviously far more deep-seated and he's not going to see reason from a thread on Boards

Its worth noting that secure and confident men (the type of man he can only dream of being) don't tend to spend their time on Boards.ie running down women and posting stuff that's meant to be inflammatory (but is actually transparent AF)

• Advertisement

Generally speaking, no. But it certainly helps to be famous, have money, or have an aura of literary or intellectual sophistication. Young women frequently have crushes on their professors, for instance -- men who are often 20+ years older than them. When novelist Cormac McCarthy was 64, he married a 32-year-old. So it does happen.

she seems to have been a catch, they're divorced and she later pulled a gun from her snatch.
    Writer Cormac McCarthy's ex-wife arrested after pulling pistol from vagina and threatening boyfriend

Jennifer McCarthy is alleged to have pointed the gun at her partner's head after an argument about 'space aliens' got out of hand

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/writer-cormac-mccarthys-ex-wife-arrested-after-pulling-pistol-from-vagina-and-threatening-boyfriend-9049451.html

Advertisement