Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

20-on-1 "Class Action" handicap elimination match.

When did AEW sign Russo?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sure how many of the AEW roster are former security themselves, like MJF? They should join in solidarity.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

As a huge Jeff Hardy fan, they definitely need to cut him loose sadly. Even looking back at the Bucks match at DON they said he was working injured but he seemed more sluggish imo so you'd worry he could have been on something then.

Its sad because as mentioned has always been so over but his demons always catch up with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Ye TK has got this one wrong. I get the desire to have Jeff in with the obvious Young Bucks match they wanted to do and the tie in with Matt Hardy and the similarity to Darby Allin. But the upside has not been worth the downsides. I'm not one for encouraging rushed booking, far from it, but having Jeff Hardy pick up big wins over stars and young stars you're trying to get to a new level suddenly look like really bad decisions. With a guy like Jeff you gotta know it could go wrong and end at any moment, and the booking should've reflected that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Somebody should have taken his car keys after the 2nd DUI and fucked them in the river.

Would any company take him on now ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭jo187

You would think impact/tna might. I mean they brought him back after the victory road incident.

I'm sure Sting wouldn't have been impressed hearing this news.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭ThePott

Suspended without pay and condition of his return is completing an alcohol treatment programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭TheLocalMan95

He won't be back. This is the same statement they gave Havoc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Given his refusal to do one before, they've basically just sacked him without actually saying he's sacked. My guess is he'll ask to be released so he can seek work elsewhere :/

Yeah, as much as I'd love if this was him hitting rock bottom and realising he needs help, he's been here before. I'm sure he would say he is happy to go through treatment especially while he still has to appear in front of a judge but wouldn't shock me if this is him done with AEW. I mean there's also the possibility he could face jail time. Presumably he won't be at Triplemania this weekend too, if he's intending to get help then he shouldn't be. Still some parts of this story to unfold.

Could he go to jail ?

My understanding and totally up to correction on this as I'm only going off what I've read online. Is that jail is a possibility.

The reason people are pointing out that it is his 3rd DUI in ten years (it's actually his third since 2018), in Florida that's considered a felony. Now he was arrested in Florida, and not all his DUIs were in the state but it's considered a third degree felony which can be punishable up to 5 years in jail but it's not a mandatory sentence. He also has the misdemeanors of driving on a suspended license and not having an interlock device equipped to his vehicle.

Maybe the judge will see that he's not taking past convictions seriously or refusing to get help and lock him away for a bit, or maybe he'll leave him off with a fine. There's nothing definite but it could result in jail time. I do think that in theory if he was to be let off and caught driving under the influence again within the next ten years that it would carry a minimum sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭savemejebus

jeff has said that being asked to go to rehab was the straw that broke the camels back with WWE, he didn’t like “being forced to choose between his job and being away from his family for 28 days” so it’ll be interesting to see how he reacts to AEWs conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I wonder if DDP could reach out to him, he has done wonders on Jake Roberts and Scott Hall to clean up.

Until he wants to get help and get better himself, he won't stop.

Ladder match still on for Wednesday with just the two teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,950 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I don’t understand why FTR isn’t involved in the ladder match

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's a non-violent crime (luckily) and he's rich and somewhat famous. No chance.

Community service and a fine.

• Advertisement

Road Rager sure is an unfortunate title given what has happened.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Because they'd need to win it? That's my guess at least, I just can't buy JE as the best tag team in AEW and I don't want to see FTR losing to them, even in a ladder match.

So until either JE are ready to hand over the titles, or JE get booked as a proper threat to FTR, they need to be kept apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,407 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Dax vs. Ospreay announced for Dynamite.

I think the JE title reign has run its course, new champs tonight ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

I think so too, I'd like to see the Bucks get the titles back. Maybe the so far subtle tension between JB and Christian plays into things.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I wouldn't like to see the Bucks win it again yet myself, first AEW has dozens of tag teams and yet we've only had 6 champs so far, I'd rather see someone fresh.

And second FTR just beat the Bucks a few weeks ago, we don't need to see that again for a while. Just have FTR win it in a few weeks or a heel team that can be booked strong (Men of the Year are free now, or reDragon)

I know the obvious thing is for Christian to turn on JE, but I think it would make more sense for JE to beat give Christian a beat down for getting them into these matches. Turns them heel and maybe gives them a bit more development to work with.

I think we get Bucks winning the AEW titles and then FTR winning them in TYB vs FTR 3.

Could possibly even see the NJPW Tag belts go on the line at Forbidden Door and have FTR win those and whole all the gold across promotions.

I’m here for Jericho getting shaved bald. 😂

Also, this 20 vs 1 match is right up my street.

• Advertisement

Advertisement