Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Even if you ignore that, he just seems like an absolute fùcking clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Yeah, that did pop into my mind when I saw him. With the bad publicity, this guy could bring the company you'd think AEW would be hesitant about hiring him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm trying to read up on it, and it seems as if a woman accused his friend of rape, and then an indy group pulled her from a show, citing that he threatened to never work for them if she did. And then said fed seemed to partly walk some of that back, saying it wasn't him but someone using his name. Which sounds like an attempt at damage control for him and the company.

I'd guess AEW (and New Japan) are willing to dismiss it as some "He said, she said" stuff? I can't see if there were multiple allegations against the same guy, if there was criminal charges pressed, etc? Extremely messy stuff, though.

Was there other issues too?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭TheLocalMan95

Yes, he got his fans to buy his mum a new car.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Yup, similar thoughts on KOR. I'd have much rathered anyone else in the final 8/9 outside of Fish. Rerun the Yuta match, Darby can be the plucky underdog, Hobbs, Starks, Andrade etc all better options too. Just a meh choice.

Same on the belts too, Im hoping there's a stipulation with this at least. Something like the SWA title in Stardom would be interesting at least. If it's just a normal midcard belt, meh.

• Advertisement

I think he's meant to be an absolute idiot.

I remember that time Dave Findlay tweeted this at Flip Gordon

Think ZSJ has said Ospreay is an idiot too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,919 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Kingston and Garcia are still in the Battle Royal.

Seeing the bracket for that new title made me realise there are no Irish wrestlers in AEW, outside the occasional Dark appearance.

So I misunderstood how the new Interim champion would be crowned. Now Mox has to fight someone whose qualifying match isn't taking place on an AEW show.

A few technical problems last night, Like was the countdown for John Silver & co early or did they decide to delay it until the Lee/Archer bit was over?

The Fite TV stream is hilarious. You get the arena noise during the and break so can hear JR and Roberts talking to the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

That main event was so good, loved it. Also nice line from Regal about leaving the entertainment elsewhere!

Great to see Ospreay show up,United Empire looking strong so far, that's without TJP or Akira appearing yet.

Hangman against the Rainmaker would be sick, assuming he beats the Switchblade of course but I'd be surprised if he didn't.

Just needs Naito to ramble out on Dynamite now, would get some reaction. Can see LIJ being in one of the multi-man tags.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ThePott

Yeah, the belts are getting ridiculous now. They've literally added three belts in less than two weeks. I also don't like the name of the belt but I digress.

The name drop of Okada would really kick up the Forbidden Door stuff, it definitely needs to be pushed into high gear right now with just two more Dynamites to go. I do wonder if we'll get Cole & White vs. Okada and Hangman though, I really hope this isn't just non-stop multi-man matches.

KOR wasn't the right choice but Moxley winning was an inevitability, although would have been cool to spotlight an up and comer. I'm no Ospreay fan but definitely felt big to have him show up on Dynamite. Gonna be interesting to see the final card for this show.

• Advertisement

Are people counting the Hart belts? I assume they're just baubles like the Greatest Royal Rumble belt. They won't actually be defended.

Reilly can get in the bin. Awful. NXT was at its lowest ever ebb with that goof getting a main event push on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rodders999

Does JR really need the money that badly at this stage of his life? Absolutely phones it in every week with the same level of enthusiasm I have when going to the in-laws for Sunday lunch.

Ruins so many matches with his completely disinterested calls not to mention the amount of gaffs he makes each week. Time to pack it in please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

As much as I like The Hardy Boyz, they feel like a nostalgia act at this stage and should call it a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I honestly don't get the hate for Kyle O Reilly I think i'd understand more if it was bobby fish we're talking about but KOR is a really solid worker and he sells really well, does he have a lot of charisma no , but he's a pretty believable fighter and i think where they have him is about right , can beat alot of the guys but is not a top guy , I thought he was excellent in the matchs against Darby, Jungle Boy and Joe , I actually think they should have had him and Cole in the final not Joe would have made it an interesting dynamic given there history

I think it's just cos of that though. He's a good worker, slightly funny as a side guy in a faction but that's it. He's not a solo star or even a leader of a faction, he's just there and dependable in the ring.

In comparison to some of the other guys in AEW or at the end of that battle royal like Starks, Hobbs, Darby, Andrade etc, he doesn't merit those opportunities over those guys imo. His ceiling is a solid midcard guy imo and he's not main event level.

Tanahashi beat Goto (obviously!) so the interim title match at FD is confirmed as the Ace vs Mox.

Also confirmed Archer is the only AEW representative in the G1.

ZSJ also called out Danielson in a promo so could see that at Forbidden Door too.

Another interesting development from Dominion below.

Also worth noting that the new NJPW champ Jay White called out Adam Page and talked about Forbidden Door. Could be a big week to set things up for June 26th. I wonder if as well based on what happened that we're not getting Okada, unless we have a triple threat with Page/Jay White/Okada.

Post edited by ThePott on

I'd quite like ZSJ Vs Danielson. Would be a fun singles match, and one I'd imagine Danielson wins since he's the more protected wrestler.

As for the spoiler, looks like a tag match which sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,460 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Some reports that CMLL are going to block the AEW, AAA guys from performing at Forbidden Door due to CMLL's working relationship with NJPW.

Andrade seems to confirm it with this tweet.

Lucha politics wrecking the buzz again!

New Japan have announced the matches for their side of the All-Atlantic title tournament too, Ishii vs Kanemaru and Clark Connors vs Honma. I know New Japan have liked to throw in some surprise results recently but you'd be shocked if Ishii isn't the man to get to FD!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,919 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

With titles on the line at Forbidden Door, at least 1 has to change companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Tanahashi to hold it till Punk returns maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 53,996 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

It's sad to read that Jeff was arrested again. Driving without a valid license and DUI (his 3rd offense within 10 years)

I have no pity for anyone drinking under any influence, he deserves everything he gets

I suspect that's the end of his time at AEW too.

It should be really. I wonder if they're willing to do it and damage their relationship with Matt though or if he'll support their decision or stand with his brother. I think AEW might instead send him to a treatment facility and wait till things simmer down.

That Uso should have been given the same ultimatum of go to rehab or you're fired.

He should be sacked. Its not a first offense, and it's showing AEW were stupid to bring him in, really. All his righteous indignation about why people thought he was on drugs when he had his last incident in WWE, but the reality is he deserves no benefit of the doubt here. For AEW's sake, they need to fire him and hold their hands up immediately.

If they're smart there would be a morality clause in his contract that any fúck ups and you're gone with no payout.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,996 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

That Dynamite ladder match will have to be changed pretty quickly, not a chance Jeff will be on that

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Matt's no angel there either. Quite the opposite in fact I'd definitely see him as an enabler here. Didn't he have a big Twitter post ranting at WWE's attempts to get him into rehab again. A leopard never changes his spots.

Good call, actually. Would be surprised if it wasn’t in there.

guess we find out shortly.

• Advertisement

no sign of the ladder match in the match card now.

Advertisement