Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Doesn't even need a match. Enter, rap, Scissor me Daddy Ass, leave.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Dax v Osprey is something else.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Dax has had such an incredible year so far, it’s unreal. Not just banger tag matches but some really amazing single matches too. I saw it pondered that FTR vs Bucks really should be the main event at All Out, and really agree. FTR deserve a main event level push, and it’s awesome to see them get tag team wrestling towards that level.

fun show overall. OC vs Osprey should be an interesting match. Ladder match was good, and I loved the heel turn.

the 20vs1 was messy (bad camera work combined with the announcer calling eliminations early). Matt Hughes looked incredibly lost in the ring, lol. Jericho winning was a surprise, and sticking Sammy back in with him was an eye roller for me cause I can’t stand him.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Same old story for me. Some really good matches and some really awful booking story wise.

Jericho and Sammy teaming up again sort of makes sense seeing as his singles run kinda went arseways. The match wasn't great but the crowd were hot for it and I enjoyed the finish.

Wardlow.... disaster the crowd were dead as soon as it started. Piling up lads and pinning them was stupid and the nobody bought it. Matt Hughes had a serious brain injury a few years ago, he's lucky to be alive, so I wouldn't give him any stick. I think they're gonna struggle to regain Wardlow's momentum.

Ospreay and Dax was great, I understand Dax is a quality wrestler and they are over like rover, but is it really necessary to put him in these singles matches when somebody else could potentially get the chance to shine? A bit of a cluster after the match. Some pop for OC! If anything it's a shame Ospreay won the US title, kind of ruins my interest in the outcome of that match at the ppv.

The face off was brutal. They missed a trick with the promo video, just had Mox talking. Would have made more sense to have Tanahashi get his sh!t in there where they could have used subtitles in a promo video. It's the main event, just build it by itself without having Jericho and a load of others run out. That annoyed me more than it should have.

Miro looking well, hopefully he has a good showing at the PPV. Toni Storm and DMD worked well together, I was full sure Britt was having a strop over the hip attack, good selling from her.

Hangman and Cole looked like a pair of eejits, that's a good thing though. Switchblade looking the part, interested to see what comes out of this. Love the way he raised the title beside Cole, barely acknowledged him.

Main Event was class. Young Bucks thrive in these kind of matches, in their element. Luchasaurus's best showing in a while, Jungle boy was brilliant as well. The post match was class, but I'm not sure if they got the reaction they were looking for. Little or no sympathy for Jungle Boy. After they went off air the interaction between Christian and JB's family was gold, shame they couldn't have squeezed it in.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Being a Fite watcher, you frequently get live cameras after things are done, so there was a good 3 or 4 minutes of Christian hurling abuse at JB's family. It was a great match for all parties, kinda glad the Hardy's weren't a part of it. Now give us Buck v FTR!

Hair v Hair: Good match, but I have no interest in seeing Sammy and Tai doing their thing, but I applaud the Fuego cosplay. Maybe Jericho can teach Sammy how to be a heel people want to watch rather than having "change the channel" kind of disdain people (me included) seem to have for him.

The 20 v 1 match was as daft as expected, really dumb and really silly and I'm all for that. Mat Hughes looks shook, I really hope he's ok.

Miro looked great as did Ethan Page, very fun match. Storm and Britt was also a very good match, better than before for sure.

Jericho inserting himself into Mox/Tanahashi was a bit frustrating - too many names thrown in and it wasn't clear who's who when you're not familiar with NJPW's roster. They've mentioned Suzuki-gun before, but I'm not entirely sure who's doing what now. I had thought we might get a returning Orange Cassidy for Forbidden Door and I'm sure he and Osprey will put on a fine show.

Not sure what's going on with the Jay White/Adam Cole thing except to maybe run it as Bullet Club v Undisputed Elite?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

So good, Ospreay is one of the world's best so no surprise really.

Delighted the Bucks won.

Another very enjoyable episode of pro-wrestling from AEW, FD building up nicely. Nice to see Shooter Umino will be involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Not a fan of Miro's finisher since it changed from a Camel Clutch to whatever it is now. It just looks like a more basic hold now.

I agree there are too many NJPW guys appearing all at once. I know there are a lot of big factions in NJPW. Like from United Empire, I know Ospreay and Jeff Cobb. Then there are 3 or 4 others? Then Suzuki-gun and think there were others as well. I know it's cross promotion and will help promote NJPW, but since I'm of the mindset that in a couple weeks they won't be a factor again so why bother getting invested. And I have watched NJPW occasionally.

Was surprised Jericho won.

Was just thinking watching this about seeing a shoot interview one time about all the run-ins in WCW and how they weren't a good thing. How many did we have on this episode alone? Jericho/Ortiz match, FTR/Ospreay match and the Mox/Tanahashi segment. then whatever that Wardlow thing was.

Speaking of Wardlow, how was he eliminating guys by piling them on top of each other? Only the guys on the bottom had their shoulders down.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,407 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Nice to see Rev Pro represented by Ospreay they could be a good partner for AEW on this side of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭ThePott

Surprised he came out with the RevPro title and not the IWGP US title considering that's what will be on the line. Seemed a strange choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,936 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Bit of a miss of an episode tbh. There was a lot of bad in it (Wardlow, Tanashi/Mox/JAS sh1te, Sammy) and was saved by two very good matches in Dax and Ospreay and the ladder match (although wasn't a giant fan of Young Bucks winning). Also wheeling out Matt Hughes like that was pretty disgusting. For one, he's got enough issues that you probably shouldn't be having him on your show anyway but then after his accident a few years ago, he's not all there at all so if you're going to show him, you can't have him go into the ring like that.

Back to wrestling, not really feeling the Forbidden Door ppv. AEW have done a poor enough job of trying to make it meaningful and putting over the NJPW guys as threats and why we should care for them. I know who they are and all (mostly) but they really need to have set this up better. If we don't get Okada, I might just nope out of buying it.

• Advertisement

Wednesday's episode was a perfect example of my criticism of AEW lately. Most of the matches were very good to great but it's the storylines and segments that are just crap atm and I feel like I'm watching Nitro from 2000 with the amount of run ins and interference in matches these days.

That Wardlow 20 Vs 1 thing was horrendous and his momentum has come to a halt since DON. Feel like live crowd are becoming less interested in him by the week and it's thanks to rubbish booking since the PPV. Even his win at the PPV was overshadowed by the MJF crap.

JAS getting involved in the Moxley/Tanahashi segment was abysmal as well.

I'm actually looking forward to forbidden door being over with and less of the NJPW guys showing up each week because it's just making the show an even bigger mess than it has been in recent months. Don't think the PPV card is looking great either atm but tbf it hasn't been helped by injuries.

Great to see Matt Hughes get his moment in the ring and for the fans to cheer him it a miracle he survived being hit by train.

Well done to Tony Khan for giving Matt that moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,721 ✭✭✭hynesie08

The set up was horrific though, watching him try to get into the ring was difficult, but pretending he was going to fight wardlow? Just get him in the ring off an and break and welcome him as the hometown hero, sometimes simple is best.

I think one of the worst things about JAS attacking Moxley and Tanahashi was the way Jericho was introducing Sammy and Tay while the beatdown was happening. Seemed very strange

• Registered Users Posts: 8,388 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I also thought it was strange that Jericho announced them as the newest members of JAS even though he has a history with Sammy. I realize it isn't the Inner Circle but nobody would have questioned Sammy and Jericho working together as they never had a falling out so I don't think it needed to be announced. They could have just hugged and had the commentators say that Jericho and Sammy are together again.

The Tag Match title match looks tasty.

Interim AEW World Title Match

Jon Moxley vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

Winner faces injured AEW World Champion CM Punk at a later date.

Fatal 4 Way for the Inaugural AEW All-Atlantic Title

Miro vs. PAC vs. Malakai Black or Penta Oscuro vs. Tomoaki Honma or Clark Connors or Tomohiro Ishii or Yoshinobu Kanemaru

Winners Take All Triple Threat Tag Team Titles Match

ROH World Tag Team Champions FTR (Cash Wheeler, Dax Harwood) vs. IWGP Tag Team Champions The United Empire (Jeff Cobb, Great-O-Khan) vs. Roppongi Vice (Trent Beretta, Rocky Romero)

Winners will leave with the ROH and IWGP titles.

AEW Women’s World Title Match

Toni Storm vs. Thunder Rosa (c)

IWGP United States Heavyweight Title Match

Orange Cassidy vs. Will Ospreay (c)

Chris Jericho, Minoru Suzuki and Sammy Guevara vs. Eddie Kingston, Shota Umino and ROH Pure Champion Wheeler Yuta

So it's technically not just AEW and NJPW, but ROH included as well.

It is more AEW than NJPW.

Could we see Danielson vs ZSJ added?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,936 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Dont really think they should have a domestic abuser be celebrated myself, and if they are going to do it, at least don't bring him to the ring when it's very clear he's no idea where he is.

I wonder will Miss Mercedes to debut during Forbidden Door.

• Advertisement

Andrade says he was supposed to face Will Ospreay and was going to go to Japan to set up before AAA & CMLL put a stop to it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

What are the chances either Omega challenges Jay White at FF or Omega return post match????

Andrade was supposed to do a lot of things. Over a year with AEW and he's done fúck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I highly doubt it. I'm sure if she has been released then it's with the usual 90 day clause. I can see her ending up there pretty quickly though as she's so into wrestling that she wouldn't give it up for long. She and Bayley were very friendly with FTR as I recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭ThePott

What the hell happened with Rushe joining Andrade actually?

Taya Valkyrie called out Thunder Rosa at Triplemania last night. Yes Please.

Johnny Hardy replaced Jeff at the event as well.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Thunder Rosa heading to Japan for TJPW's Summer Sun Princess ’22’

Willow Nightingale also announed for it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Danielson returning this Wed, guessing they could be setting up the ZSJ match at FD?

• Advertisement

It'll get a whole 4 days build? I'm sure the video package for it will rival "My Way" for Rock/Austin...

The sooner this Forbidden bollocks is over and they get back to actual storylines with consequences, the better. Yeah yeah, pure wrasslin' I'm sure with star ratings all over the shop but the feuds and stories have been absolute wánk.

Advertisement