Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,875 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Had to google that because I was sure Gresham was scheduled to face Bandido for the title, but seems Bandido has been pulled due to testing positive for Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,421 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Also looking forward to seeing Hook use the Katahajime as a finisher.

Just need Joey Styles in for a guest spot calling it.

Disappointed Hook's first Tee isn't a wife beater

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Who is it on here that's openly in love with Hook again? Handsome young man to be fair.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ya know, for a meme wrestler…..HOOK was actually pretty impressive, especially since it was his first televised match.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭titan18

They need to send Hook to a CW show. Get him in front of as many people as possible as he'll bring a crowd. Looks great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I believe it was his first match ever. He hasn't been on any indies so outside of training, he's never had a match

Hook & Jungle Boy need to get more mainstream exposure because they will bring in the girls.

Rampage is just so good its just a pity it's got a horrible timeslot.

Hook was great and he looks like a pop star, huge potential there. Great show overall, I could watch FTR v Lucha Bros every night. Women's tag was a bit meh but it wasn't awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭ThePott

Pretty sure that number has drastically gone way up since last night 🤣

In all seriousness, Hook is class. Solid debut, has a great look and presentation, just damn cool. Submission finisher looked sweet too Redrum (great name too). Guessing he got his mother's looks but certainly has his father's mean mugging down. Love the Action Bronson theme too, AEW managed to make this feel like a big deal, imagine that! Definitely keep him as a special event for now but definitely can see a bright future here. Send Hook to CW is definitely something I could see, same parent company too.

Rest of the card was decent, liked tag opener the most. Still not entirely sure what Rampage is meant to be but enjoying it all the same.

Fuego De Sol did a great job making Hook look like a million bucks Fuego always does a great job at making guys look great.

• Advertisement

I forgot the tag match was a tag match for a bit with the way Penta stayed on the ground shouting at Fenix as if he was just at ringside for support.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,966 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

How good was Hook.

Absolutely delighted for him and finally we see him wrestling and I'm already Hooked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

They only went and SENT HOOK!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I thought the FTR Lucha Bros match was kinda sloppy in a lot of places. They don't always seem to click. There was one part in particular when Penta was trying to set things up with Cash and they were just all over the place (in comparison to what we're used to). Both teams are amazing, but like I said, as opponents, they don't always seem to click.

The women's trios match was ok, nothing too surprising.

Hook v Fuego was exactly what I was hoping it would be. Hook looked great, I can't wait to see more from him. He looked mean and powerful and plays the strong and silent killer gimmick well. Shout out to Fuego for his part too. Action Bronson for Team Taz now, he's lost a whole lot of weight over the last year getting fit, wouldn't look out of place in a ring :P

Yuta v Cole was an excellent match as expected. Looks like they're breaking the Best Friends up with the way Trent is talking. Not sure where they'll go with it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Love this.

FTR vs. The Briscoes incoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,966 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭ThePott

Heartbreaking piece but a fantastic read. Big E and Cody coming down made me very sad for some reason. AEW have done so right by his family as well. Can't believe it's nearly been a year since he passed.

Tony Schiavone and Adam Cole the greatest rivalry in wrestling today 😁

Can Daniels still see okay with his left eye?

The Fallen Angel vs. Darby Allin I like the sound of that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,036 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Danhausen vs Billy Ass will put Flair and Steamboat to shame:

https://twitter.com/DanhausenAD/status/1470549129004728325

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

With the week that's in it and considering at one point Jimmy Rave was the crown jewel of the Embassy it was cool for the old-school ROH heads to get to see Prince Nana on Dark Elevation.

Hopefully he sticks around, he'd be a good fit on the YT shows!

Hangman Adam Page is on Renee's podcast for anyone who listens to her podcast.

Lio Rush & Daniel Garcia have been added to PWG's Battle of Los Angeles in January

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

It's looking absolutely stacked! Hoping the tickets are out this weekend so I can secure them asap. Big group of us going!

Advertisement