Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

There has been a data breach of the Pro Wresting Tee's website and some credit card details and names were compromised.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

This is why AEW is streets ahead of WWE. Maybe if Vince didn’t keep releasing stars for budgeting reasonings they could freshen things up.

Tony Khan has confirmed that The Battle of the Belts show will be a one our show and that all the belts won't be on the line.

That's a pity they could get two hours of TV time for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Supposedly there'll be a surprise on the show tonight which will be a debut would be my guess.

If it's Kyle O'Reilly it's a big meh from me (like with Bobby Fish). I'm a big Adam Cole fan but was just never a big undisputed era fan. No one else in the group interested me except for Cole.

• Advertisement

It will be a huge pop for me if reDRagon reunite tonight one of my favorite tag teams of all time.

Really looking forward to the Owen Hart video package and details on the Owen Hart Cup

• Registered Users Posts: 54,042 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I call the Briscoes debuting tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Punk looked older than sting with the face paint on.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Davy05

That looked like a scary spill for MJF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,967 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

How hard do you think it was for them not to do the UE? Especially when they were standing looking at the camera for so long.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

It’s insane that THE team that was such a vital part of NXT have gone so easily to AEW, and can even all use their same names and all. Never even got a main roster run with WWE.

somewhere, HHH is crying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Sounds like Johnny Gargano is most likely going to go there too. HHH should ask Tony for a gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Half the appeal of UE was the entrance music. Do CFOS own it? They should buy it they can. O'Reilly doing air guitar is probably the only time he was remotely entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Speaking of CFO - the Nakamura theme is played at all Seattle Kraken games too so looks like they've licensed it. Wonder could AEW do the same for UE.

Probably depends on whether CFO still have or want any relationship with WWE. Because WWE are undoubtedly petty enough to cut all ties because of something like that.

Enjoyed the show but thought that was one of the worst crowds in AEW history. Hardly mustered a golf clap for most people appearing.

They were loud for Adam Cole, as are most crowds. I haven't watched the main event yet so not sure what they were like for that.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Doesn't normally last an hour!

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Cody did an early-2000s-Jeff-Jarrett last night

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

On that subject I think there are a lot of parallels between Cody and Jeff.

Both being mid carders in wwe - Jarrett probably reaching a higher success than Cody as that Stardust thing was horrible.

Both started up a promotion where they book themselves strong and at times book the promotion around them. While in truth, neither one are bad wrestlers they are not as good as how they booked themselves.

Then again, everything I said above is the classic wrestler turned booker scenario. What did Kevin Nash do when he became booker of WCW? Book himself to end Goldbergs streak lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Good: Cody ending Guevara's awful title reign. People may dislike him but he is a far better wrestler and bigger star than Guevara, who did fùck all with the belt.

Bad: Having a rookie meme wrestler no-sell a piledriver.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭ThePott

Agree to an extent, I had the title change spoiled over Twitter for me after the taping but as soon as I found out Cody's show was coming back in January the writing was on the wall. Have to agree as well, Sammy's title reign has been dreck. He's done nothing with the belt and you'd forget he was the champion at times. Honestly his character in general has been poor lately. He isn't a very good or interesting face and separate from the Inner Circle I'm not sure how well he works.

That being said I totally get Cody being dunked on and it is pretty funny but personally I was hoping Cody was gonna win just to end Sammy's reign.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

It wasn't Sammy's fault though imo, Miro's reign was also booked to be almost completely unmemorable. The only feud of note was him losing it to Sammy.

And Cody winning is one thing, but a decent feud where he finally turns heel to beat the crowd favourite is a million times better than winning clean with 3 Strokes in a row

Miro's reign was far more memorable, for promos alone he was an interesting champion. Sammy offered nothing of any substance. We can blame booking but I think in AEW where creative control is more apparent, some blame is on Sammy as well. Especially when it's said talent can present booking ideas for approval. Again not to be too harsh on him but it was random feuds and he did nothing interesting when it was his time to shine.

Honestly think he needs a repackage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Miro was an absolutely wonderful champion and even though I am a Sammy fan I was gutted Miro lost it to him when watching it.

Do think Miro dropped it due to injuries as when he wrestled after it taking Moxs place in the tournament his leg was very heavily strapped and he hasn't wrestled since losing to Danielson.

Sammys reign was underwhelming alright but the same can be said of Adam Page and Penta And Fenix title reigns as well.Even Britts reign hasn't been as exciting as I thought it would be!

Kenny Omegas and the Young Bucks title reigns were wonderful by the way!Really look forward to when Kenny returns!

Must say I can't believe the title was dropped on a taped Rampage show.Devalues the title in my eyes!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I reckon Sammy's off-camera antics (ending with his fiancée that the company let him propose to in the ring) are the main reason he's had the title taken off him and they can use Cody as a transitional champ till they line the next person up. The reign can only be as good as the booking, I thought he had a few interesting matches, but I'm not sure why this belt is being used to introduce new signings like Lethal and Nese.

Gotta agree with the above comment about Hook no-selling a piledriver, there are better ways of doing that sort of thing, but it was only a minor blot on the copybook for what I thought was a good match. I think it was booked in a bit of a hurry to try and capitalise on how popular Hook is and if Team Taz had some sorta feud going on with anyone, this could have been made to work better.

Stadtlander and Hirsch was a solid match. Does anyone think they might be teasing a turn for Hirsch?

More of the same from Jurrasic Express and HFO - no major shocks or surprises there. Decent match.

• Advertisement

That is interesting, I was thinking the same thing. A lot of the champs at the moment haven't been all that interesting. I think Page has been okay but I don't know if AEW know how to book someone once they become champion. Fenix and Penta have been alright, it mostly feels like unless the Young Bucks are in the title picture the tag scene isn't given as much focus. Britt's reign has been rubbish. Every promo is the same and I think she's way overrated in the ring.

I think AEW in general is just on autopilot a bit at the moment which is a shame but expected as they wat to save some big moves for when they launch on TBS.

I also agree that Sammy's relationship stuff lead to the decision maybe but who knows.

Advertisement