Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 54,043 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Can't wait for Winter is Coming

Great card

Adam Page vs Bryan Danielson

MJF vs Dante Martin

Hikaru Shida vs Serena Deeb

Wardlow vs Matt Sydal

I wouldnt be surprised of Shida v Deeb steal the show

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

This is how I think it'll go in order.

Matt Sydal/Wardlow

MJF/Dante Martin

Shida/Deeb III

Hangman/Danielson

ROH Pure Champion Josh Woods debuted on Dark

Marina Shafir also debuted.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It's kinda funny how popular Danhausen is and how a lot of "older" heads will do skits with him to get a bit of shine. Jericho fully committed to the bit in the podcast, I saw a thing with the Good Brothers at whatever the Chicago comic con thing that was on at the weekend was and this Ass Boys stuff isn't going anywhere soon (and why should it?). I think people saw the goofiness of Orange Cassidy getting over and said "well I don't want to miss out on that" I don't think Danhausen would necessarily work regularly for AEW and more casual wrestling fans, he's very niche (and very evil!) but if you're in the know, it's funny stuff at times :) An 8-man team up with him and the Ass Boys vs Nightmare Factory alums (since they're starting that angle now) could be a good laugh.

• Advertisement

So who will be the big surprise debut tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I reckon it'll be Kyle O Reilly

• Registered Users Posts: 17,116 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I don't don't think Danhausen would work in AEW at all, but having really enjoyed his social media over the last year, I do hope he gets a nice payday, I mean, sack of human monies from Tony Elite.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

He sure as sh1t wouldn't work in WWE or Impact so I hope he does get it in AEW. There's definitely more of a place for fringe characters like that in AEW. He doesn't need to be booked as a main eventer or even anything other than lower card oddity, there's definitely a laugh to be had out of the character.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,116 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

It's hard to know. The Danhausen gimmick is basically Richmond from the IT crowd meets The Brain from Animaniacs. A creepy but sheltered and almost innocent personality (who thinks for example, that PT Cruisers are the best cars), who is also solely focused on fame and material success. Wrestling is just a way to get on TV, get famous, make loads of money, and buy a gold house, rocket car and blimp (lots of Simpsons references in the gimmick too).

I think it's just way too much "character" for AEW. They certainly have the fringe acts like OC, Abadon, etc., but most of those gimmicks can be quickly portrayed in the ring. Danhausen would need to get so much backstory and context communicated that I just can't see it working. But hey, by all accounts he's on his way there, so we'll soon see how they try to do that.

• Advertisement

Wow, starting with the World Title match!

Opening with the World Title match.

Looks like Hangman is concussed here look like they are going to have call the match.

No concussion by the looks of it thankfully I got worked.

Heading for a 1 hour time limit draw.

Amazing match!

The American Dragon has now taken Omega and Hangman to time limit draws.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Some match! And strangely for a second time limit draw in so recent it felt like great booking. Page looks super strong there as he was 3 seconds from winning but also allows this feud to continue which feels right, this still has legs.

Kyle O’Reilly debuting next week by the looks of it.

The House of Black being put together now with the Brodie King tease.

Post edited by Agent Coulson on

Not sure if people were too happy with the time spent checking Hangman, but they were on a TV break so that's part of the game too.

It was a hell of a match. The rematch will be spicy, maybe even a gimmick match? Iron man or strap or something?

Wardlow's gonna be off buying champagne, MJF will barely win (I expect Team Taz interference to let him steal it) and then MJF will blame him for not being there.

Deeb and Shida now, really looking forward to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Hangman/Danielson was bloody incredible.

My god, the rematch at Battle Of The Belts will hopefully be just as incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭BlueAndWh1te

Surprised at no actual debuts tonight. Assuming there will be one on friday seeing as TK said there'd be surprises at winter is coming.

Shida/Deeb 3 was top class and following on from The American Dragon/Hangman it was up against one of the matches of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

The time limit no contest is becoming the roll up pin of AEW.

Lazy booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ah I see. They used it twice to further the story that Danielson is unbeatable where as WWE use it 7 times a show. I see how thats comparable.

Off to ignore you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I actually like the time limit rule. It gives the matches a real old-school feel to them while also being fairly realistic as in most sports there are usually time limits. Plus it also helps to build storylines and protect certain wrestlers. As long as they don't overuse the stipulation like WWE do then I don't mind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,795 ✭✭✭kksaints

I think it's a little jarring that it's happened twice in a couple of months with Danielson, it's also a little frustrating on paper in wrestling terms to have spent an hour watching the one match and then have no result. I know that happens in every sport but in a scripted event its a bit annoying. I'll preface this by saying I haven't seen the match so it probably was a feast of wrestling with the quality involved but to get the same result and outcome as a few months ago is lazy enough. Could have done a double count out or both failing to meet a 10 count as a result of both been knocked down and it would have looked different and the outcome would have been the same, could have saved some time for an other match or promo on the show also.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,968 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Not familiar with their history, but do Bucks and Kyle get along. Like how they were sure to point out Bobby wasn't part of the Super Kliq, how will they feel about Adam bringing in another former team mater?

So Lucha Bros, Eddie and P&P against 2.0, Garcia and The Acclaimed. Hmm, wonder who'll win that one.

reDRagon vs. The Young Bucks rivalry goes back nearly a decade switching ROH and NJPW Tag Titles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭ThePott

Found the show a bit underwhelming if I'm honest.

An hour long time limit draw just isn't very interesting to me. Thought it was a decent match but don't think it necessarily benefitted more from being an hour as opposed to being a half hour for instance, especially when we knew Danielson wasn't winning anyway. Crowd didn't seem too happy with it. It was a good match on it's own merits but having it be an hour long just meant it was dragged out to the point it wasn't enjoyable for me. Especially when it passed the half hour mark and became clear it was going to an hour long draw.

Aside from the Brody King tease there just wasn't much in the show that surprised. Not to say the other matches weren't good or anything but maybe I've just been spoiled by AEW with their TV special events that this one felt a bit of a letdown.

Advertisement