Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,351 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Winter is Coming and the Family are coming back together....

Windham, Redbeard, Scherr arrive to support Danielson in his world title match.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Hard pass thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Hmm no thanks. Danielson's doing alright with the whole solo ass kicker gimmick. Doesn't need the backup.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Do you mind me asking what band you are in mate? Assume you are doing alright with that itinerary. Feel free to decline if you want to retain anonymity.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Have them come out and bury the Dark Order, like really put an end to the group and let Silver and 10 go on their own

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

On one hand, I'm not interested in the Wyatt Family. On the other hand, I want to see Dark Order get buried.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,013 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Each to their own and all, but the "Punk is only fighting jobbers" criticism is missing the longer-term angle that they are telling here. I.e., the former great trying to get back into the game, can still beat the younger cohort but it's clearly a struggle, and an arrogant heel is using that to try get into his head ahead of their match.

Personally these were the kind of feuds/angles I was hoping for when I heard TK was a Mid-South fan. So I'm loving it so far.

Is it best for business? I guess that's a separate debate.

All that would be missing there is a hologram of Brodie standing beside them on stage the WWE would have that if they were putting them back together.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Just because they can, doesn't mean they should. Plus I'm almost sure Manda would shoot down the idea without hesitating.

Does AEW need another spooky/shadowlands gimmick if they've already got Malakai Black and the Dark Order?

Would love to see Windham totally reinvent himself. Hit us with something completely new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

That flaming table spot was very poorly executed. Cody took the whole bump and he was still on fire when he pinned Andrade, then they had to pretend Andrade came out worse from it. If Andrade objected to being put through a flaming table and that's why they placed it so close to the turnbuckle, they should have just nixed the spot.

The Tony Nese TNT title shot tonight. Why should I care? Oh wow he's been sitting in the front row the last few weeks.

Honestly they need to book new signings better at times. You can't expect the whole audience to know who these new people are. I don't follow the Indies or even WWE in recent years. Give me a reason to care.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Tony Nese's greatest moment in wrestling is being roasted by Enzo.

I wonder what Cody's ratio of matches-to-table-spots is for 2021.

Had a look on cagematch.de and I count 22 matches this year. I know for sure he did a table spot in the match against Shaq, various table spots in the ladder match at Revolution and the match on Wednesday makes 3. Can anyone remember any others? So far he's 3/22, or 13.6%.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭kksaints

Wouldn't that be a thing AEW should especially avoid, coming off as a WWE lite like TNA did?

Death Triangle vs. FTR damn I love tag team wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,849 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think Strowman should go by something other than his real name or I'll just keep wondering if he believes in life after love every time I see or hear his name.

He trademarked The Titan as a wrestling name.

I don't really see him going to AEW.

He EC3 & Spud seem to be best mates so I wouldn't be surprised to see him join both of them back in Impact.

Hopefully this puts an end to the Flair's to AEW stories to bed now, Andrade & Charlotte have reportedly split.

Sad for those involved. however as a wrestling fan the longer the Flairs stay away from the wrestling I watch the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,383 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I never expected her to go to AEW in the first place. She's treated like a Queen in WWE and has a solid position in the company as one of the Four Horsewomen. Why go to AEW and sabotage all that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'd assume they've either already gone back to Japan or are soon but interested if the moving of Best Friends to fight The Elite instead of HFO is cos of Ishii and Okada and the Chaos stuff. Cos if Okada is still around and we get Okada appearing after that Rocky/Chuck Vs Young Bucks match to face off with Cole, it'd be fantastic.

I'm also going to be very surprised if KOR at least isn't appearing some point soon too. Probably Gargano also. Could easily slot them into the Best Friends and Elite stuff with KOR joining Cole and Gargano joining Beat Friends

• Registered Users Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭ThePott

Main event of Rampage this week was awesome. Personally I think Sammy Gueverra has lost a lot of his appeal, he's not a very interesting babyface.

Aside from that I feel like AEW has been a little predictable lately. It's been fine but doesn't have the same urgency it normally does. There's just no storylines that are really grabbing me all that much.

One thing that wasn't mentioned was Sting changed his face paint to match Allin, Not sure I remember the last time Sting changed his trademarked face paint.

PAC vs. Black in a blindfold match needs to come out of this angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ya, im with you on Sammy. Would work better as a heel imo. He shouldn't have too long left as champion anyway (I'd say a month and 2 more defenses). Hoping for someone like Andrade as the new champion. I'd assume heel so him, Malakai or Starks would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I'm feeling the same. I still watch and enjoy it but it's not as exciting as it has been. But I'm sure they'll pick it up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭ThePott

Agree, it's sill worth getting invested in. Maybe it was just that they had this insane momentum the last few months but AEW have given me enough confidence that they'll turn it around.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,849 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think that's part of the problem with giving fans what they want. Hangman is AEW champ, Sammy is TNT champ. Apart from maybe giving Rosa a title what else are fans looking for? I know good matches are going to happen but story wise, what are fans meant to be getting invested in?

Completely agree with anyone saying that storylines are a bit meh atm.

Late summer there was such a buzz with Punk, Danielson and Cole coming in but imo they haven't capitalized on it at all. Punk has been completely overexposed with having random matches every few weeks, Cole is in an never ending story with Jurassic express that has done nothing for me and Bryan is wrestling every week against random people (I'm not complaining about this one because I love Danielson) but it kind of takes away his special attraction to the casual audience.

I think as well that the Hangman Omega feud had completely cooled down before they had their match at full gear.

I've actually skipped some Rampages tbh in recent weeks because I haven't been bothered and I've watched everything since the company started. I haven't watched dark or elevation in weeks.

I presume the Punk MJF feud will be Punk going through Pinnacle members before facing MJF like Jericho did and what Danielson is doing with Dark order. I hope I'm wrong and they mix it up.

And please do a better job with new signings. Having them sign and lose for a few weeks before 1 or 2 wins on dark before a big match on Dynamite is just stupid. Also with the best friends joining Chaos, I don't watch NJPW so don't just presume that I do. I've no idea why I should care.

And no doubt about Sammy G like others have said. He's so annoying he should definitely be a heel!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

That's why someone like Jade needs the TBS title. Even Britts win was mich wanted.

Bryan's title win at Mania wouldn't of meaning much if he wasn't screwed at summerslam. Not saying it was planned but not giving fans what they want can sometimes benefit in the long run

Advertisement