Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Any pics Cherry? Sounds like an incredible trip btw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Any pics Cherry? Sounds like an incredible trip btw

Will fire up a few in a bit. One other thing I forgot to mention is Jim Valley, one of the hosts on the Observer site who battled serious medical issues the past year was in attendance. Tony came out to announce it, stating he's the toughest man in wrestling and he got a standing ovation so that was nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

CastorTroy wrote: »
    But more importantly, did you tell Hook that LOB was asking for him?

Seriously though, sounds like you had a great time. Glad you enjoyed it

Key question. Tell him I'm cute, let's takr this Boards/AEW relationship to the next level.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I really hope this dude is getting paid huge money*. That is promotion (how to turn chicken sh1t into chicken salad).

https://twitter.com/DarbyAllin/status/1391538643282575369

* (and is one of the lucky ones getting health insurance)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,873 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Damn I cannot wait for this match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Que Tweet from WWE that they will return to the road in June :pac:

PWI insider reporting that WWE officials hated Blood & Guts and say it set the business back 30 years.

However WWE talent loved it and would love to be involved in matches like it themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What'd they dislike, since it was Wargames? The violence?
    Trying to think now, what did they have between the rings, where Wargames had the steel?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

PWI insider reporting that WWE officials hated Blood & Guts and say it set the business back 30 years.

However WWE talent loved it and would love to be involved in matches like it themselves.

If WWE hated it , they're doing it right

• Advertisement

Just reading that AEW took the name Blood and Guts from a Vince's quarterly earnings conference call to investors two years ago :)
    He then said WWE will not “do blood and guts and things of that nature, such as what is being done on our new potential competitor

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Says a lot that WWE officials hated Blood & Guts, ironic in the sense too that it was Vince himself who uttered the phrase, can't unfortunately recall the context in which he said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Headshot wrote: »
    Damn I cannot wait for this match

Same, really looking forward to it, should be a stomper!

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1391553336269328387

Have to agree with VOW here, seen some pretty bad takes online already. I really like Darby, but I'm Team Miro all the way here, hope he runs through him.

It's the internet, bad takes are to be expected :pac:

AEW will be doing tv tapings at those shows on tour that will air on TNT but not as Dynamite,

Could this be the second show I wonder.

Same, really looking forward to it, should be a stomper!

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1391553336269328387

Have to agree with VOW here, seen some pretty bad takes online already. I really like Darby, but I'm Team Miro all the way here, hope he runs through him.

I don't understand this. It's the sort of booking that people would scream about as being terrible in other promotions, but it's ok here?

Miro has not been established as a monster in AEW, he's been badly misused regardless of whether he hasn't been pinned or whatever you want to say, but people want him to 'reach the potential he was denied in WWE' so it's ok for him to squash Allin?

As said in the replies to that tweet Darby hasn't lost a singles match since losing to Mox last July and hasn't taken a fall at all since November in the tag match with Cody against Team Taz. So I don't think a loss hurts Allin at this point, AEW have done a fantastic job with him. Particularly since story-line wise he's not 100% after being thrown down the steps. I think a win here could be a big moment in AEW for Miro.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

As said in the replies to that tweet Darby hasn't lost a singles match since losing to Mox last July and hasn't taken a fall at all since November in the tag match with Cody against Team Taz. So I don't think a loss hurts Allin at this point, AEW have done a fantastic job with him. Particularly since story-line wise he's not 100% after being thrown down the steps. I think a win here could be a big moment in AEW for Miro.

He will walk in injured and give it the Jeff Hardy v Taker 2002 try wont be able to over come the odds.

Miro needs it, Darby can afford it.

I for one am looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,873 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

What's the betting Sky and Page will be involved too

What's great about this match, it can go anywhere. I have no idea what's going to happen and this has me excited

Headshot wrote: »
    What's the betting Sky and Page will be involved too

What's great about this match, it can go anywhere. I have no idea what's going to happen and this has me excited

Sky and Page need to be no where near this if they wanna rehab Miro. Let Miro handle himself.

Wednesday is gonna be awesome. Loads to look forward to.

Really cant wait for SCU vs The Bucks just to see what direction they take. I dont think they will win, but I wouldn't be surprised. Could see a scenario where Mox or Kingston interfer.

• Advertisement

I might have missed it, but when was the stipulation added to The Young Bucks vs. SCU?

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I might have missed it, but when was the stipulation added to The Young Bucks vs. SCU?

Months ago. During a promo between Daniels and Kaz, they teased a Kaz turn and break up. Kaz informed Daniels that when they lose, they are done..... they haven't lost since.

I think a win here could be a big moment in AEW for Miro.

A win yes, a squash (which is what is being discussed)though?

A squash is a win though? I don't see the problem if Miro beats Darby quickly and convincingly, I'd expect that nine times out of ten due to size difference alone, especially as Darby isn't story-line 100% in shape.

Not that it's guaranteed, you could equally see Allin retaining. Exciting either way for me.

If Miro goes from selling weak looking strikes from Orange Cassidy to squashing (let's not forget a squash is a one sided victory where the one opponent gets little to no offence, not just a decisive victory, totally overpowered and outmatched) Darby without mad outside interference it will make Allin look like a chump.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

If Miro goes from selling weak looking strikes from Orange Cassidy to squashing (let's not forget a squash is a one sided victory where the one opponent gets little to no offence, not just a decisive victory, totally overpowered and outmatched) Darby without mad outside interference it will make Allin look like a chump.

Orange Cassidy, a pushed commodity who is challenging for the World Title at the next ppv most likely...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Miro's promo outlined for me exactly what's going to happen , Darby is willing to die for the fight , and Miro is willing to kill him, Valiant effort but loses despite being injured

Either way I can't wait , I love AEW for getting me back invested in a wrestling show again , rarely missed an episode since it started

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Orange Cassidy, a pushed commodity who is challenging for the World Title at the next ppv most likely...

Not to mention it was established at Blood and Guts that Darby is going in to this injured.

Darby is awesome but Miro has looked unstoppable since shaking of this shyte with Sabian, so I kinda wanna see him mangle him, get the title and go on a monster heel run just killing everyone.

....but Lesnar (an actual legit monster push for years vs a few weeks for Miro) squashing Ricochet was a slap in the face, hurt his image, travesty of justice, disrespectful, killed his momentum, showing wwe wasting talent, vince seeing nothing in him ...ad infinitum.*

Kind of a double standard isn't it.

*NOTE: I don't actually disagree that Ricochet deserved better in that match, wouldn't trust wwe to push a shopping trolley correctly.

• Advertisement

....but Lesnar (an actual legit monster push for years vs a few weeks for Miro) squashing Ricochet was a slap in the face, hurt his image, travesty of justice, disrespectful, killed his momentum, showing wwe wasting talent, vince seeing nothing in him ...ad infinitum.*

Kind of a double standard isn't it.

*NOTE: I don't actually disagree that Ricochet deserved better in that match, wouldn't trust wwe to push a shopping trolley correctly.

Different situations, different context.

Lesnar was already established. Miro is currently in character rehab.

Allin is an established champion, Ricochet was appearing to be getting a nice push and building momentum. Ricochet losing in such a manner was counter productive and killed his push.

Ricochet needed a good showing, didnt have to win but needed to look tough, have endurance, resilience.

Allin is injured and can afford a loss and it wont affect him.

Its all about context and situations. Yes there are similarities but the differences separate the situations.

Advertisement