Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Where does one watch dynamite live?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Well pleased The Death Triangle are back together!Looking forward to see where they go with this!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,407 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Where does one watch dynamite live?

https://www.fite.tv/channel/aew/

So we have NWA woman's title

We had Impact VP Don Callis last week.

MCMG were mentioned when talking about Top Flight.

Now we have Konnan who links AAA, Impact and MLW appearing.

Mox talking about holding a NJPW title.

It really does feel like there is something going on in the background with all these organisations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

A lot of positives, a few negatives.

The Bucks are master workers, that hardly needs to be said but maybe because they've been so consistent for so long we take it for granted. I swear watch them in this match, look at them guide a very young team through a hot opening match in their opponents first exposure on national television. They let Top Flight get their big spots in, Top Flight looked great in this and that is down mainly to The Bucks. In the same way Private Party looked like a legit world class tag team in that first Bucks match, Top Flight looked the same here. Everything about it was masterful, the type of match they should play on repeat in wrestling schools and damn if there has been a better act in pro wrestling in the year 2020 than the Young Bucks please point out who or where it is because I have not seen it. Wrestlers at a different level, a level very few ever reach. ****

Also given my rant a few days ago about the WWE PC I'll say this, Top Flight are a team with obvious potential and they could be big stars, but it's a team that, had they been around 10-15 years ago, would not be, nor should they be, even sniffing a top level company. Another very talented act that would've benefited hugely from a half decade run on the indies to polish the act before they get near national television but just another casualty of the talent signing war in pro wrestling.

Deeb/Thunder Rosa was excellent, set up a programme for Thunder Rosa too. She's the best female talent they have, an excellent worker and this was a really good match that I'd go **** on too.

I love Pac, I love everything about Pac and I'm so up for Death Triangle it's ridiculous.

Omega's great, the presentation of the character is absolutely perfect. And the attack on Mox is an out if they do the title switch so that they can run a rematch, probably at the next ppv. Smart booking.

The quality of the stick work is a huge plus in this company too. An artform that, in mainstream American wrestling, has been dead basically from the day Stephanie McMahon decided TV script writers was the way to go. Kingston, Taz, Moxley, Jericho, MFJ all got extended mic time here and they're all so great at what they do. Like the nuances of in ring work, mic skill takes practice, it takes creativity and it is an artform in pro wrestling and to have a platform for those guys to showcase that artform has been one of the biggest positives of AEW's existence. Kingston and Taz both had me legit laughing (so did John Silver too) and the Mox promo might have been his best yet (a high bar).

The main event tag is an excellent TV match to close out the show. The Hobbs turn has been foreshadowed (Joe Lanza ahead of the curve on that, noticed Hobbs in the last few run ins never made physical contact with Team Taz) and it's again, good detailed storytelling that rewards the viewer. Team Taz are basically everything I want in my heel unit, angry, bitter Taz doing the stick work, Starks and Hobbs as potential breakout stars, Cage the muscle.

The negatives were few and far between. None of the wacky Inner Circle stuff is for me, if it's for you then cool but it's not for me and the dumb segments ending with a Swoggle joke kinda sums up current Inner Circle.

Too many backstage attacks recently that make them a bit repetitive and takes away the overall impact of the angle if you keep seeing them. If you're doing the Mox injury angle on this show, don't also have Brandi getting attacked backstage.

I'd throw Orange Cassidy, Miro (such a letdown) and Kip Sabian in the bin. I like Best Friends so they can stay firmly out of the bin but the other 3 do nothing for me either. Miro's sprint from commentary to the ring though may have been the best thing he's done in AEW.

Really good episode. The in ring was a high level tonight, newsworthy show too.

• Advertisement

850k total viewers and an impressive .37 in the demo as news stations hold on the ratings ebbing away post election starts to show in the ratings. Big number.

NBA draft was on last night as well.

NBA draft was on last night as well.

Didn't know that! Even more impressive so.

There is enough factions to have a Trios Title now I think and that could be fun use of those factions.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I know Red Velvet and Big Swole, but who was the other one who checked on Brandi?

Was that Swoggle in Vegas? And that must've been the quietest Vegas had ever been

• Advertisement

There is enough factions to have a Trios Title now I think and that could be fun use of those factions.

Ye Omega talked about it previously and now I do think we're at a point where there's enough established trios rather than thrown together guys.

Also Meltzer noted AEW beat Raw's big World Title match in the 18-34.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I know Red Velvet and Big Swole, but who was the other one who checked on Brandi?

Serena Deeb.

Easily.

Jurassic Express
    FTR and Shawn Spears
    Gunn Club
    Team Taz
    Death Triangle
    Butcher, Blade and Kingston
    Nightmare Family/Natural Nightmares
    Inner Circle (Jericho, MJF and Wardlow)
    Inner Circle (Santana, Ortiz and Hager)
    Dark Order (Uno, Grayson, Cabana/Angels)
    Dark Order (Reynolds, Silver, 10)
    SCU

I was thinking it and I want to see Marko vs Swoggle now for no other reason than I think they could put on a good fun comedy match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Cracking episode, reflected in the great numbers the show did this week. Deeb/Rosa might be the best womens match yet on Dynamite and the opening and closing tag matches were really good too. NXT just isn't on the same level.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Hobbs jumping to Team Taz legit got me. The fake out with the tussle for FTW title against Cage was phenomenally done. Also makes so much sense that he was always just “a little late” the last few weeks making the save. Unreal work by all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

https://twitter.com/teamlouie/status/1329543613118881792?s=21

Interesting. Former employee posts thoughts on working at AEW. Easy to label him disgruntled but in any event it paints a pretty toxic picture

Read through it and the discourse about it. Worked for DDP's production company which had done some work for AEW. Says himself he had no idea if Cody actually was gunning for him or if he even knew who he was. Then they found some pretty weird pervy tweets from the guy about Cody.

Anyway it's a wrestling company, if anyone thinks there's no drama at all levels in the company then they're fooling themselves. Though honestly in the case of this guy there's red flags aplenty in his version of events.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Read through it and the discourse about it. Worked for DDP's production company which had done some work for AEW. Says himself he had no idea if Cody actually was gunning for him or if he even knew who he was. Then they found some pretty weird pervy tweets from the guy about Cody.

Anyway it's a wrestling company, if anyone thinks there's no drama at all levels in the company then they're fooling themselves. Though honestly in the case of this guy there's red flags aplenty in his version of events.

Yep wrestling will always be wrestling and these guys have huge ego. no doubt in my mind some of those evps have been at each other’s throats over the last year

No fan of Cody but sounds like it may have been more the guys boss didn’t want him near Cody more than anything

• Registered Users Posts: 8,388 ✭✭✭Riddle101

TimesArrow wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/teamlouie/status/1329543613118881792?s=21

Interesting. Former employee posts thoughts on working at AEW. Easy to label him disgruntled but in any event it paints a pretty toxic picture

I read that earlier on but I'm skeptical. It just seems a bit off to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So we have NWA woman's title

We had Impact VP Don Callis last week.

MCMG were mentioned when talking about Top Flight.

Now we have Konnan who links AAA, Impact and MLW appearing.

Mox talking about holding a NJPW title.

It really does feel like there is something going on in the background with all these organisations.

You'd hope there's something in the works in the background, or it's just one wrestling company acknowledging the other wrestling companies that exist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    You'd hope there's something in the works in the background, or it's just one wrestling company acknowledging the other wrestling companies that exist.

Even acknowledging other companies and wrestlers exist is a start, imagine it was just the AEW Universe :D

A supercard of sorts between companies would be class. Even this week in MLW the Opera Cup was announced with representatives from NJPW and AAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Have ye seen the follow up on that lad? Take a look at some of the stuff he's tweeted to Cody and some of the racist stuff he's posted also and it's clear he's more than a little creepy. Additionally, he was employed by a production company that did work for AEW, he did not work for AEW directly.

Well he has locked his account now so the tweet is no longer visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

• Registered Users Posts: 9,721 ✭✭✭hynesie08

****ty person in ****ty industry calls out other ****ty people for being ****ty.

Delusional wrestling fans refuse to believe that cody could ever be ****ty because he brought them donuts once and shook their hand while they dropped $300 on merch.

Was the guy bullied, maybe, but the lads who went through years of his tweets because he told a second hand story about their favourite pretend fighter need to take a long walk, preferably directly into the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Enjoyed Dynamite. A decent show and an easy watch.

Tag opener was a grand TV match. This is how you debut an unknown team. Excellent stuff.

Pac looked a little rusty but overall a decent tv match with the Blade. Pentas tease was very telegraphed though.

Hobbs turning heal was simple subtle and very effective. Has the look of a heel and look forward to how he progresses.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

TimesArrow wrote: »

More information here.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHykP2Vjssv/?igshid=25vi1rhqxh5p

Sounds like Cody is another old school wrestling promotion bully in the making.

Next Tuesday's Dark is looking like it could be a cracker of a show.

* Chaos Project vs. Evil Uno and Stu Grayson vs. Sonny Kiss and Joey Janela
    * Gunn Club vs. Cezaro Bononi, KTB, and Seth Gargis
    * The Acclaimed vs. Alex Chamberlain and Damian Fenrir
    * Brandon Cutler vs. Adam Priest
    * Dreamgirl Ellie vs. Penelope Ford with Kip Sabian
    * Fuego Del Sol vs. Peter Avalon
    * Ivelisse and Diamante vs. Lady Frost and "Bionic Beast" Jenna
    * Lee Johnson and Aaron Solow vs. Alex "3" Reynolds and John "4" Silver
    * KiLynn King vs. Rache Chanel
    * Michael Nakazawa vs. Trent with Chuck Taylor and Orange Cassidy
    * Matt Sydal vs. Alan "5" Angels with 10
    * The Hybrid2 vs. Griff Garrison and Brian Pillman Jr.
    * Red Velvet vs. Tesha Price
    * Vipress vs. Big Swole
    * VSK and Baron Black vs. Private Party
    * Britt Baker presents "The Waiting Room" (with Reba) and special guest Tay Conti

and Sammy Guevara vs Marko Stunt also added.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Next Tuesday's Dark is looking like it could be a cracker of a show.

* Chaos Project vs. Evil Uno and Stu Grayson vs. Sonny Kiss and Joey Janela
    * Gunn Club vs. Cezaro Bononi, KTB, and Seth Gargis
    * The Acclaimed vs. Alex Chamberlain and Damian Fenrir
    * Brandon Cutler vs. Adam Priest
    * Dreamgirl Ellie vs. Penelope Ford with Kip Sabian
    * Fuego Del Sol vs. Peter Avalon
    * Ivelisse and Diamante vs. Lady Frost and "Bionic Beast" Jenna
    * Lee Johnson and Aaron Solow vs. Alex "3" Reynolds and John "4" Silver
    * KiLynn King vs. Rache Chanel
    * Michael Nakazawa vs. Trent with Chuck Taylor and Orange Cassidy
    * Matt Sydal vs. Alan "5" Angels with 10
    * The Hybrid2 vs. Griff Garrison and Brian Pillman Jr.
    * Red Velvet vs. Tesha Price
    * Vipress vs. Big Swole
    * VSK and Baron Black vs. Private Party
    * Britt Baker presents "The Waiting Room" (with Reba) and special guest Tay Conti

and Sammy Guevara vs Marko Stunt also added.

How fcukin long will this Dark be ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Could "Pretty" Peter Avalon have his first victory? Probably not

Advertisement