Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rowan Croft the gran torino

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,927 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I think Gran Torino provides a good public service by covering the meetings, but I think he should not be so dominant. Certainly ask your questions, but don't keep forcing it to the point of shouting the thing down.

He actively lies about the meetings. He actively edits his videos in a propagandistic way to suit his narrative only. It isnt a good public service. He is deliberately misrepresenting the truth of what happens at meetings in order to create division.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

“Open your mind and learn about mass Muslim conspiracies, Kalergi and 5G chemtrails or you’re not a free thinker like me!!”

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Why aren't you open minded ??!??! Quickly followed by 'hey John Waters videos are really good!!!'

Clear evidence that if you 'open your mind' too much your brain falls out.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

What I find very worrying was the fact that Minister for Immigration David Stanton declined to answer the question as to whether there were any ISIS members currently in the DP system.

Do you seriously find this worrying? Do you think ISIS members tick a box on their application form declaring their membership? Do you think they wear t-shirts? Maybe MMEGA hats? Stanton correctly chose not to answer it, because you shouldn't legitimise a ridiculous question like that, one that has no possible answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,666 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I think Gran Torino provides a good public service by covering the meetings,

They are public meetings anyone is free to go, also they will be covered by the local papers if anything of interest pops up.

I don't think anyone that lives out the back of his mothers in a shed needs to provide that service.

If he wants to be useful to the public, join tidy towns and pick up some papers.

• Advertisement

Bullsh it. Gemma O'Doherty is trained to factcheck. This is all deliberate twisted propaganda to rile people up. They have been caught out here.

Hilarious how their apologists around here are still trying to defend their blatant lies.

Its not the first time they have been caught out either.

Absolutely it was deliberate. Even the choice of picture in her facebook post about it was chosen to make people think the fake DP centre in Lismore was going to be in luxury accommodation. Both O'Doherty and Croft know that 99% of their followers don't fact check, so they know they can get away with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Auntie Semite

Do you seriously find this worrying? Do you think ISIS members tick a box on their application form declaring their membership? Do you think they wear t-shirts? Maybe MMEGA hats? Stanton correctly chose not to answer it, because you shouldn't legitimise a ridiculous question like that, one that has no possible answer.

Why is the question ridiculous? Isis members have been discovered in refugee centres in Greece, Germany, Sweden to name but a few.
    Isis themselves have stated that some of their members are entering Europe posing as refugees.
    A Muslim asylum centre worker reported a Limerick centre as housing extremists 2 years ago.
    All the minister had to do was to say 'No'
    Or 'not to my knowledge'

Why didn't he do that?

Remember we are told all refugees are thoroughly vetted. Your comment seems to suggest that this is impossible.

Edit: I will say that GT should have waited his turn and asked his question in a calm and reasonable manner. Shouting repeatedly and aggressively does him no favours

• Registered Users Posts: 40,214 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Why is the question ridiculous? Isis members have been discovered in refugee centres in Greece, Germany, Sweden to name but a few.
    Isis themselves have stated that some of their members are entering Europe posing as refugees.
    A Muslim asylum centre worker reported a Limerick centre as housing extremists 2 years ago.
    All the minister had to do was to say 'No'
    Or 'not to my knowledge'

Why didn't he do that?

If he said 'no' you would be saying he is a fool for believing that, that he couldn't possibly know that there are no ISIS members in DP.

If he said "not to my knowledge" you would be complaining that he just gave a typical politicians answer and didnt actually answer the question.

If he said 'no' you would be saying he is a fool for believing that, that he couldn't possibly know that there are no ISIS members in DP.

If he said "not to my knowledge" you would be complaining that he just gave a typical politicians answer and didnt actually answer the question.

You don't know what my reaction would have been. My position is I would have liked to hear the minister at least state that vetting procedures were in place. This absolves him of responsibility at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,214 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

You don't know what my reaction would have been. My position is I would have liked to hear the minister at least state that vetting procedures were in place. This absolves him of responsibility at the very least.

I think i can make a pretty informed guess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

DS86DS wrote: »
    If the Grand Torino was spouting Leftist rhetoric, the exact same posters would be praising his words left, right and centre. But because he dares to go against the Mainstream Media Liberal establishment......the man has his name trampled into the mud.

If he was spouting 'leftist' rhetoric, the likes of you would be trampling his name into the mud, so... you know, swings 'n roundabouts...

Boggles wrote: »

If he wants to be useful to the public, join tidy towns and pick up some papers.

Or he could go on an SEO course because right now, he couldn't be doing any worse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

He actively lies about the meetings. He actively edits his videos in a propagandistic way to suit his narrative only. It isnt a good public service. He is deliberately misrepresenting the truth of what happens at meetings in order to create division.

Have you came up with any evidence of this yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

Good video from Grand Torino channel, John Waters speaks at Irexit conference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

does anyone remember if the conspiracy theorist community ever had such numerous hard ons for the EU in the pre-migrant crisis years?

as far as I recall they didnt spend much time on such a boring economic/political entity.

even in '08 there wasn't much talk of a grand agenda by the elite Brussels overlords.

No, but in 08 you didn't have Russian interference, planting seeds with fake news. There's not a shadow of a doubt that Russia has stoked the anti-EU fire. Look at the tone of the reports that come out of RT, for example. That, coupled with the fact that the EU is now an easy target after the banking crisis.

Convenient camera angle to hide the fact that it was mostly empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,494 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Roaring into the ether more like.

D0vTwByX0AArHDk.jpg:medium

Ah c'mon, be fair. Of all the people who were supposed to attend, 20% were too ill from inhaling chemtrails. 10% were sick from fluoride poisoning. 5% of them were killed by trees being felled to make way for 5G. George Soros mowed down 15% of them in the car park with his Toyota Prius. 20% had no money for bus fare because immigrants took'er'jobs. 20% of them were at home looking after their non-vaccinated kids who were sick with measles.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Do you have anything to say about the video or is it yet another hour long dump?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

Ah c'mon, be fair. Of all the people who were supposed to attend, 20% were too ill from inhaling chemtrails. 10% were sick from fluoride poisoning. 5% of them were killed by trees being felled to make way for 5G. George Soros mowed down 15% of them in the car park with his Toyota Prius. 20% had no money for bus fare because immigrants took'er'jobs. 20% of them were at home looking after their non-vaccinated kids who were sick with measles.

If Fluoride is entirely benign, how come Ireland is one of the only countries in Europe that Fluoridates its national tap water system?
    Sury other countries would be doing it or is Ireland just ahead of the curve on this issue?

D0vTwByX0AArHDk.jpg:medium

Cranks, crackpots and religious fundamentalists the lot of then.

Weird how the only people who seem to be behind this Irexit madness and the same Catholic groups and individuals who were against gay marriage and repealing the 8th.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,154 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

greencap wrote: »
    does anyone remember if the conspiracy theorist community ever had such numerous hard ons for the EU in the pre-migrant crisis years?

as far as I recall they didnt spend much time on such a boring economic/political entity.

even in '08 there wasn't much talk of a grand agenda by the elite Brussels overlords.

They were far more fringe then. They had to transmit their ideas by paper. david Ike for example has gained in popularity since youtube blew up. At a a flat earth conference in the US most of the people had heard of flat earth theories through youtube.
    Before that these people had very limited reach. Now they can reach potentially millions of idiots through a video with some snappy name.

Weird how the only people who seem to be behind this Irexit madness and the same Catholic groups and individuals who were against gay marriage and repealing the 8th.

THIS! It's like it's their rebound cause, a pathetic attempt to exact some kind of revenge..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Irexit is for the morons. We would be absolutely screwed without the E.U.

The U.K. WILL suffer unprecented self-harm, just you wait and see.

https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/1102964527329624064

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Cranks, crackpots and religious fundamentalists the lot of then.

I just had a look at John Waters' Wikipedia page. If this is the sort of crackpot lunatic they're listening to then I wouldn't worry.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

If Fluoride is entirely benign, how come Ireland is one of the only countries in Europe that Fluoridates its national tap water system?
    Sury other countries would be doing it or is Ireland just ahead of the curve on this issue?

More laziness or incompetence on behalf of the authorities than anything sinister, I suspect. We have much better dental hygiene now than 20 years ago, so the benefits of fluoride are arguably negligible. The common conspiracy theory among O'Doherty's supporters is that fluoride is being used by the Government to dumb down the population, which is just hilariously brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Do you have anything to say about the video or is it yet another hour long dump?

Sure just delete the post black horse!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Sure just delete the post black horse!

Mod

Don't post in this thread again.

• Advertisement

More laziness or incompetence on behalf of the authorities than anything sinister, I suspect. We have much better dental hygiene now than 20 years ago, so the benefits of fluoride are arguably negligible. The common conspiracy theory among O'Doherty's supporters is that fluoride is being used by the Government to dumb down the population, which is just hilariously brilliant.

Well yes she does claim it dumbs down the population, but she had a researcher on recently who claimed that it was a contributing factor in a whole host of medical issues, Cancer etc.
    Interestingly he claimed that the biggest source of Fluoride was actually tea.

Advertisement