Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rowan Croft the gran torino

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

The Frankfurt School (whos ideas many regard as the basis of Cultural Marxism) was very real.
    There are many different expressions and manifestations of Marxism, its not far fetched to believe that people today are influenced by ideas from the Frankfurt School.

Kalergi was also a very real individual who founded the Pan European Movement and who wrote the book Practical Idealism amongst others, and many people believe that the ideas from this and others of his books are influencing politicians in the EU today. He was the first recipient of the Charlemagne prize, Angela Merkel amongst others also won this prize.
    Its not so far fetched for people to speculate that Kalergis ideas are in play today.

If you think the Kalergi plan is real you're either low IQ or mentally ill. There's really no other way around it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I know Rowan. He's not a nutter. He's just very commited to what he does.

If you're a friend of his, do him a friends favour and tell him he needs help.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

What do you mean shill?
    This forum is full of threads discussing various issues, individuals and groups.
    The Tommy Robinson thread seems to be quite busy are posters there shills?
    I have a feeling you don't want any discussion of the personalities mentioned in this thread at all.
    Or at least nothing remotely sympathetic.

Sensing a lot of anger in this thread.

The personalities involved are pathetic jokes and not worthy of discussion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Auntie Semite

sk8erboii wrote: »
    If you think the Kalergi plan is real you're either low IQ or mentally ill. There's really no other way around it.

I never said I thought it was real.

I never said I thought it was real.

I was referring to your boy Rowan the Cringe Torino

• Advertisement

The personalities involved are pathetic jokes and not worthy of discussion.

I'm sorry but who are you to decide that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I am I.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

You're very defensive. Are you Rowans "friend" too?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

He's not deciding anything.

When it was revealed that he was hitting 50 and still lives with his ma that should have been the end of the thread..

• Advertisement

You're very defensive. Are you Rowans "friend" too?

No, don't know the guy, never met him.
    I know nothing about him save for his YouTube channel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Seeing as our worthless, Quisling media refuse to give voice to alternative viewpoints in Ireland... I am forced to watch the likes of these guys.

When you reduce yourself to watching a QAnon conspiracy theorist, you really aren't trying to inform yourself...
    The Frankfurt School (whos ideas many regard as the basis of Cultural Marxism) was very real.
    There are many different expressions and manifestations of Marxism, its not far fetched to believe that people today are influenced by ideas from the Frankfurt School.

Kalergi was also a very real individual who founded the Pan European Movement and who wrote the book Practical Idealism amongst others, and many people believe that the ideas from this and others of his books are influencing politicians in the EU today. He was the first recipient of the Charlemagne prize, Angela Merkel amongst others also won this prize.
    Its not so far fetched for people to speculate that Kalergis ideas are in play today.
    Oh well, you've gone full conspiracy. The conspiracies forum might be more suited to you?

batgoat wrote: »
    When you reduce yourself to watching a QAnon conspiracy theorist, you really aren't trying to inform yourself...

Oh well, you've gone full conspiracy. The conspiracies forum might be more suited to you?

I like to keep abreast of controversial topics.
    That doesn't mean I believe the conspiracies myself.

You're giving credence to them... The amount of nonsense that you've admitted to viewing as credible in this thread is frankly a sign of being incredible gullible.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

When it was revealed that he was hitting 50 and still lives with his ma that should have been the end of the thread..

With that CV he's probably an Admin around here.

He's definitely qualified.

You believed Grand Torino and Gemma O'Dohertys lies about Lismore.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

You believed Grand Torino and Gemma O'Dohertys lies about Lismore.

I don't think they were lies, I believe they may have been misinformed, no excuse for not checking first though.

I don't think they were lies, I believe they may have been misinformed, no excuse for not checking first though.

They both seem to lie plenty so I don't really think they would draw the line at this.

Bullsh it. Gemma O'Doherty is trained to factcheck. This is all deliberate twisted propaganda to rile people up. They have been caught out here.

Hilarious how their apologists around here are still trying to defend their blatant lies.

Its not the first time they have been caught out either.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

Yes, the Frankfurst School and Richard von Coudenhove-Kalergi both existed, nobody is disputing that they did. The intellectuals that founded the Frankfurt school were not, however, part of a continual academic and intellectual effort to undermine and destroy Western culture to replace it with marxism. That's an anti-semitic conspiracy theory.

Kalergi also didn't have ambitions of destroying the white race, that's also a wing-nut conspiracy theory and you'll have a hard time finding any sources pushing it that arn't some sort of scare mongering racist trash.

These notions have been widely debunked and the information is right at your fingertips:

https://ariram.com/2016/09/02/the-kalergi-plan-biopsy-of-a-lie/
    http://paintyourpanda.blogspot.com/2014/10/cultural-marxism-cultural-conservatism.html

I found this in about 5 seconds, and there are probably hundreds more if not better articles in the first few pages of Google.

If you prefer videos, as a lot of people into this conspiracy theory stuff seem to, there's a youtuber called ThreeArrows who does some great work debunking this nonsense as well.

Edit: I've just noticed that the person who thanked your post has chosen the username "Historia"! LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

RWCNT wrote: »
    Yes, the Frankfurst School and Richard von Coudenhove-Kalergi both existed, nobody is disputing that they did. The intellectuals that founded the Frankfurt school were not, however, part of a continual academic and intellectual effort to undermine and destroy Western culture to replace it with marxism. That's an anti-semitic conspiracy theory.

Kalergi also didn't have ambitions of destroying the white race, that's also a wing-nut conspiracy theory and you'll have a hard time finding any sources pushing it that arn't some sort of scare mongering racist trash.

These notions have been widely debunked and the information is right at your fingertips:

http://paintyourpanda.blogspot.com/2014/10/cultural-marxism-cultural-conservatism.html

I found this in about 5 seconds, and there are probably hundreds more if not better articles in the first few pages of Google.

If you prefer videos, as a lot of people into this conspiracy theory stuff seem to, there's a youtuber called ThreeArrows who does some great work debunking this nonsense as well.

Edit: I've just noticed that the person who thanked your post has chosen the username "Historia"!
    LOL

there seems to be a little mutual appreciation society forming.

Bullsh it. Gemma O'Doherty is trained to factcheck. This is all deliberate twisted propaganda to rile people up. They have been caught out here.

Hilarious how their apologists around here are still trying to defend their blatant lies.

Its not the first time they have been caught out either.

Im no gemma apologist let's get straight, I know she's gone off the deep end not that I ever paid any attention to her anyway apart from a TV documentary one time. I don't know enough about croft to make a judgment yet.

I take it they both reported prior the meeting that it was for Direct Provision? can someone point me to where this was reported?

Edit: I've just noticed that the person who thanked your post has chosen the username "Historia"! LOL

I Know far more about it than you do, not because I believe it but because I'm interested in the topic.
    It is possible to have an interest in a subject without subscribing to it. That seems to be lost on you and others.
    I'm also interested in the religion of Islam, does that mean I am a Muslim and a believer? Of course not.

I Know far more about it than you do, not because I believe it but because I'm interested in the topic.
    It is possible to have an interest in a subject without subscribing to it. That seems to be lost on you and others.
    I'm also interested in the religion of Islam, does that mean I am a Muslim and a believer? Of course not.

So you know a lot about these ideas and are interested in them, but don't believe them to be true? While also thinking that these theories arn't far fetched? e.g. have a reasonable chance of being true?

Do I understand your position correctly? You're agnostic regarding antisemitic and white supremacist scaremongering conspiracy theories? Aristotle may have said "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" - but surely there's some sort of a limit?

Perhaps you should do some thorough research rather than a 5 minute Google search.

Kalergi clearly did have ideas about permanently altering the white race. He strongly believed in racial miscegenation.

"The man of the future will be of mixed race. Today's races and classes will gradually disappear owing to the vanishing of space, time, and prejudice. The Eurasian-Negroid race of the future will replace the diversity of peoples with a diversity of individuals"

This is one of his most widely known and cited quotes and anyone with the most rudimentary knowledge of the subject would know this as it is the basis for the conspiracy of ending the white race.

Edit: before you attack me I am simply relaying Kalergis ideas as per his literature.
    Obviously he was just one individual with ideas about the future. One amongst thousands of others with far out ideas this does not mean these ideas are playing out today.

So you know a lot about these ideas and are interested in them, but don't believe them to be true? While also thinking that these theories arn't far fetched? e.g. have a reasonable chance of being true?

Do I understand your position correctly? You're agnostic regarding antisemitic and white supremacist scaremongering conspiracy theories? Aristotle may have said "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" - but surely there's some sort of a limit?

These theories are widely believed in today's world and I am interested in knowing what forms the basis of current political discourse from all sides of the spectrum.
    You can't counter something without understanding it first.

"The man of the future will be of mixed race. Today's races and classes will gradually disappear owing to the vanishing of space, time, and prejudice. The Eurasian-Negroid race of the future will replace the diversity of peoples with a diversity of individuals"

That would only really scare you if you're racist.

EDIT: He's not saying he's making a plan. He's saying it's inevitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

It's the weird thing about right wing conspiracies. I studies the frankfurt school in college. There were probably about a hundred of us in that module. I read a load of their works as did many in my class. However not one of us walked away from it with a feeling that we needed to destroy western society. None of the hundreds of academic commentaries I read thought that either. Yet some right wingers who have no actual knowledge of these guys, and who I guarantee couldn't name a single work by them, nevermind having read that work, would have us believe that there's a plan to destroy western history hidden within those books and articles.

These theories are widely believed in today's world and I am interested in knowing what forms the basis of current political discourse from all sides of the spectrum.
    You can't counter something without understanding it first.

Completely agree with your final point, which is why I expose myself to all sorts of different theories, love it. You've apparently dome some research around them and arrogantly presume that you know much more about them than me, great for you.

"Widely" believed by whom exactly?

All I have to go off is your post earlier where you stated that these ideas "arn't far-fetched", you still havn't answered any of my questions and Im no clearer on your position on these theories.

Edit: Sorry, missed your previous post, reading now.
    Perhaps you should do some thorough research rather than a 5 minute Google search.

Kalergi clearly did have ideas about permanently altering the white race. He strongly believed in racial miscegenation.

This is one of his most widely known and cited quotes and anyone with the most rudimentary knowledge of the subject would know this as it is the basis for the conspiracy of ending the white race.

Edit: before you attack me I am simply relaying Kalergis ideas as per his literature.
    Obviously he was just one individual with ideas about the future. One amongst thousands of others with far out ideas this does not mean these ideas are playing out today.

The arrogance from you is hilarious here. I spent 5 seconds, not minutes, producing some links rich in sources to counter these nonsensical theories, that doesn't mean I havn't done far more research before. And, amazingly and much to my amusement, you're WRONG. My main man Sk8erboii is absolutely correct in pointing out that Kalergi wasn't making a statement of intent, but simply saying that it was inevitable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

"Widely" believed by whom exactly?

Two people who are very far apart. That's how I'm interpreting "widely"

Advertisement