Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rowan Croft the gran torino

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

What does it look like to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Its the photo.

Doesn't look like foodstuff to me .. .

Ah, seriously. Have you never made a milkshake in your life?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,666 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

It's full fat milk. Absolutely lethal that stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,326 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Boggles wrote: »
    It's full fat milk. Absolutely lethal that stuff!

I take exception to the term 'Full Fat', it's just normal milk. They want you buying the watered down stuff for the same price. I will kung fu fight you if necessary to defend the honour of dairy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Tbf I can't stand that Antifa crowd either, if you have to cover your face at any of these things then you know you're doing wrong.

But I hate Gran Torino even more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Tbf I can't stand that Antifa crowd either, if you have to cover your face at any of these things then you know you're doing wrong.

But I hate Gran Torino even more.

Antifa is literally Anti-Fascist. It's a term thrown around about any protesters AGAINST fascists/white supremacists knowingly to create some kind of us and them. If fascism hadn't crawled out from where it has been hiding these last 70 years, there'd be no need for "Antifa".

Birneybau wrote: »
    Antifa is literally Anti-Fascist. It's a term thrown around about any protesters AGAINST fascists/white supremacists knowingly to create some kind of us and them. If fascism hadn't crawled out from where it has been hiding these last 70 years, there'd be no need for "Antifa".

No, I don't agree. There is a core element out there that believe violence is the answer to this and I can't align myself to them.

Why do you think they wear masks?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,850 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Boggles wrote: »
    Jesus poor "Stephen" whoever he is. ;)

Got his arsé handed to him in that twitter exchange.

Brutal.

Poor Stephen joined twitter today, which is the whole problem with twitter. Its probably Torino himself (or his Ma), but it shows that engaging with the likes of him or the likes of people that appear just to counter him are a complete waste of time and energy.

No, I don't agree. There is a core element out there that believe violence is the answer to this and I can't align myself to them.

Ok, the violence is problematic, true. But, ideologically.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

You don't need to align yourself with anyone mate, just don't make or believe these false equivelencies that they are just as bad as actual Fascists. Even if you believe some are them are just hooligans looking for any excuse to have a scrap, that's still not as bad or as dangerous as Fascists marching around spreading their hateful ideology.

• Advertisement

You don't need to align yourself with anyone mate, just don't make or believe these false equivelencies that they are just as bad as actual Fascists. Even if you believe some are them are just hooligans looking for any excuse to have a scrap, that's still not as bad or as dangerous as Fascists marching around spreading their hateful ideology.

You said it way better than I did.

You see when you're calling me mate you're losing the argument already.

Such a passive aggressive phrase. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

This Leah Doherty has said she threw a cola/curry powder mix at Rowan Croft. Why on earth has she done this? She obviously disagrees with Croft on something but to do this is ridiculous. Are we no longer tolerant of different points of view anymore. Isn't one of the central planks of a democracy free speech. I read her Facebook post and it's all back slapping etc. Weird times we live in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Nonsense what they regard as fascist is anything that is right of centre. They are left wing extremists fascism hasn't, ade a resurgence it's as big now as it was 20 years ago. They are left wing extremists just like fascists are right wing extremists. They would consider anyone anti immigration as a fascist that is not the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

holyhead wrote: »
    This Leah Doherty has said she threw a cola/curry powder mix at Rowan Croft. Why on earth has she done this?

Because it’s symbolic of the afropean-eurindian man of the future that she hopes to see prosper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

It was definitely a malicious and planned assault while I am completely against the milkshake attacks on Robinson and Farage I will admit that it was a heat of the moment event by the attackers. They didn't set out with the view to throw the milkshake on them and it was only a milkshake.

There was clearly intentions to cause injury to Croft. She was hardly drinking curry mixed with coke and just decided it would be funny to throw it over Croft it was something which she did maliciously and that is why she should be charged. The curry was obivously put in to cause some sort of pain or bodily harm however minor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Because it’s symbolic of the afropean-eurindian man of the future that she hopes to see prosper

While I can appreciate the humour two things spring to mind

1. She could have blinded him. She looks from the video like that was her intent.
    2. We can all have angry thought towards others but these thoughts remain in our heads. This girl is not well. Well adjusted people don't do things like this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Why are they hiding their Faces if they are the " Good guys “ ?

I'm not particularly swayed by what they call themselves, i will judge them on their actions and their actions look like fascism to me. They are happy to use violence and think they can decide who can and cant assemble and what people can and can't say.

I'm not particularly swayed by what they call themselves, i will judge them on their actions and their actions look like fascism to me. They are happy to use violence and think they can decide who can and cant assemble and what people can and can't say.
    They are Facists . In their Actions ,Violence and Hiding behind Masks , They are Facists .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

You see when you're calling me mate you're losing the argument already.

Such a passive aggressive phrase. :rolleyes:

If you're seriously basing the merits of my argument on my use of the word "mate" then it was probably lost on you regardless.

Stephen15 wrote: »
    They didn't set out with the view to throw the milkshake on them and it was only a milkshake.

It could easily have been something worse. If throwing milkshakes on people becomes a long term trend and is left unchecked it's only a matter of time before something does something really stupid.

kowloon wrote: »
    It could easily have been something worse. If throwing milkshakes on people becomes a long term trend and is left unchecked it's only a matter of time before something does something really stupid.
    Some gosh!te is going to put acid in one of these one of these days .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

holyhead wrote: »
    Well adjusted people don't do things like this.

The thing is she’s well adjusted enough to hold the same view of who’s ultimately responsible yet is only directing her energies against him. If they got together they’d be dangerous ..

blinding wrote: »
    Some gosh!te is going to put acid in one of these one of these days .

Username goes particularly well with the post :D. But, yes, there's any amount of things you can carry around hidden in a drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

So...

So this QAnon guy is being taken seriously in Ireland in 2019?

484437.png

Seriously?

This man is clearly on a windup targeting whoever is dumb enough to fall for his sh!te. The QAnon is a good giveaway. It's like the poor grammar of the Nigerian Prince scam - it filters out anyone not retarded enough to fall for it.

I could see this working with the yanks because, honestly, the depths of stupidity that you can reach over there while still doing ok are insane. But this is feckin' Ireland and we have people falling for this sh!te from a former British soldier?

It's not terribly surprising. I've met some really dumb people in my life so I guess it's to be expected that they would be vocal here where they can't be told that they're talking sh!te and to cop on to themselves as would happen in real life if they started that nonsense.

Again, and I won't stop saying this, but some people are clearly not capable of using the internet without adult supervision.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,434 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Because it’s symbolic of the afropean-eurindian man of the future that she hopes to see prosper.

Or she's just an attention whore?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So will the mods or admins be warning the Gardai about the death threat just made against a member of the public here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Nic_Col

So will the mods or admins be warning the Gardai about the death threat just made against a member of the public here?

If you feel something needs to be reported to the Gardaí then go right ahead, why wait for someone else to do it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Nic_Col wrote: »
    If you feel something needs to be reported to the Gardaí then go right ahead, why wait for someone else to do it?

Well mostly because I wouldn't have access to the same information as boards.ie, who would have the IP address, registration information and logs of the death threat

Advertisement