Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kevin Spacey...WTF?!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    I thought Spacy was a great actor, long before HoC, and even his performances in that was top notch. Yes S6 is crap without him, but based on current allegations, I could not bring my self to watch him in it, or any of his films again to date.

What about Seven?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

eagle eye wrote: »
    He would never be left alone in school. If I heard that he was left alone with a teacher there would be problems for that teacher.

You can almost be certain he would be alone with an adult at some stage. You might need to consider home schooling.

Predators can be very skilful at gaining trust, as well as a lot being family members. If your friend had so many allegations against them from separate sources and you still trusted them then, well, I suppose that's why we have social services.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

I think it would be a strange parent that would put their sense of justice for another adult before the safety and protection of their own child. To be wrong about the latter would be a far bigger disaster than to be wrong about the former. Maybe unfair but you're going to put your child above all else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

And where did you hear these stories? Do you realise that a story that he is gay can turn into a story about him pulling his cock out if it goes through three people?
    Nobody cares about him being gay. Remember that time a few years ago that Louis Walsh got accused of sexually assaulting someone in the toilets? No one believed it. Not the public and not the media and it turned out it was a false accusation.

Kevin sounds like a Saville type - someone who inexplicably got way with unacceptable behaviour for decades. Even if he's never convicted, I'll never believe he's 100% innocent. And I don't have to consider him innocent until proven guilty. I'm never going to be a jury member on his trial so I can form whatever judgement I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,527 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Predators can be very skilful at gaining trust, as well as a lot being family members. If your friend had so many allegations against them from separate sources and you still trusted them then, well, I suppose that's why we have social services.
    That's highly insulting.
    You don't know me, you don't know what I work at, you don't understand why I'm certain that my best friend couldn't possibly do those things.
    I'd guess you are just an immature person with a chip on your shoulder looking to constantly insult and get one up on other people because you have nothing else in your life.
    Good luck with that and just so you are aware you are now on my ignore list.

• Advertisement

Paddy Cow wrote:
    Kevin sounds like a Saville type - someone who inexplicably got way with unacceptable behaviour for decades. Even if he's never convicted, I'll never believe he's 100% innocent. And I don't have to consider him innocent until proven guilty. I'm never going to be a jury member on his trial so I can form whatever judgement I want.
    You do realise that you are basing all of your beliefs on a celebrity profile. You don't know the man so you really have no clue what he is really like.
    It's very dangerous to presume something like that. There would be many innocent people with careers ruined if everybody did what you are doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

You do realise that you are basing all of your beliefs on a celebrity profile. You don't know the man so you really have no clue what he is really like.
    It's very dangerous to presume something like that. There would be many innocent people with careers ruined if everybody did what you are doing.
    No one forced him to write that "apology" or release that video. He did both in the hopes of influencing people's opinion of him. Well he has influenced me, just not in the way he wanted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

In fairness, I can confidently say I wouldn't pin a fourteen year old to a bed regardless of if I was drunk or not. Most people can. Spacey cannot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

That's highly insulting.
    You don't know me, you don't know what I work at, you don't understand why I'm certain that my best friend couldn't possibly do those things.
    I'd guess you are just an immature person with a chip on your shoulder looking to constantly insult and get one up on other people because you have nothing else in your life.
    Good luck with that and just so you are aware you are now on my ignore list.

We don't know each other so your feign insult is irrelevant.

But, yeah, run away to ignore as your stance is worryingly bizarre, admit Spacey looks to be as dodgy as hell based on what we know and move on. People will think less of you than your current stance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Apparently there's a video of the assault he's facing charges for: https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/27/us/kevin-spacey-assault-video-complaint/index.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Spacey is grasping at straws. I'll hold off judgment as we saw what happened with Michael Jackson. However, if Spacey has been raping and touching underage prepubescent boys, may he rot in prison for all eternity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

pulling his cock out if it goes through three people?

How big is his cock?

Spacey is grasping at straws. I'll hold off judgment as we saw what happened with Michael Jackson. However, if Spacey has been raping and touching underage prepubescent boys, may he rot in prison for all eternity.
    I'm fully with you on all of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

CatFromHue wrote: »
    What about Seven?

Its been so long, I forgot he was in it.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Apparently there's a video of the assault he's facing charges for: https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/27/us/kevin-spacey-assault-video-complaint/index.html

The guy recorded Spacey abusing him? :confused::confused::confused:

I think if I was being sexually abused, I doubt I'd be recording it on Snapchat with my phone.

Edit:

There's not actual footage of a sexual assault if the below passage is to be believed.
    The video is less than one second long. It shows a hand making contact with a shirt, but no body parts are visible in the video, Donovan said. In the video, the accuser is wearing a blue shirt, even though he told police he was wearing a red one, the trooper said.

Donovan said he learned that, before the alleged assault, the accuser gave Spacey his phone number, went outside to smoke, and went back inside with Spacey.

Under questioning from lawyer Alan Jackson, Donovan said he found no witnesses to corroborate the accuser's claim that Spacey groped him for three minutes.

"Instead of walking away or moving away or moving back or grabbing the wrist or slapping the hand, he indicated to you that, during that 3-minute time period, that he was texting and snapchatting?"

"That's correct," Donovan responded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

All the fools will still say he is guilty.

Accuser refused to testify, prosecutors were left with little option but to drop the case. Money...the great mollifier.

The accuser refused to testify. Money...the great mollifier.
    Or maybe he would have been in trouble if he did testify as it was all lies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I’m beside myself with surprise. Really. I am…

• Registered Users Posts: 18,396 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Seems as if the accuser couldn't (wouldn't) provide his mobile phone, from the night in question to the defence side as well as deciding not to talk.

Hard to know exactly what's gone on here to be frank about it. Spaceys' Career is in ruins either way by the looks of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

kippy wrote: »
    Seems as if the accuser couldn't (wouldn't) provide his mobile phone, from the night in question to the defence side as well as deciding not to talk.

Hard to know exactly what's gone on here to be frank about it. Spaceys' Career is in ruins either way by the looks of things.
    Frankly it's all very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

tenor.gif?itemid=10327630

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Why would the defence need the guy's phone tho? If he sent Spacey any sort of a message that could be used for his defence, then wouldn't Spacey have a copy of said message/picture/video on his own phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Venom wrote: »
    Why would the defence need the guy's phone tho? If he sent Spacey any sort of a message that could be used for his defence, then wouldn't Spacey have a copy of said message/picture/video on his own phone!

Wasn't one of claims was he filmed spacey touching his leg on the phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

It shouldn’t be.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,929 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Accuser refused to testify, prosecutors were left with little option but to drop the case. Money...the great mollifier.

If Spacey counter sues, you will know there was no money involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 yaguhu cloud

Gatling wrote: »
    Wasn't one of claims was he filmed spacey touching his leg on the phone
    "Instead of walking away or moving away or moving back or grabbing the wrist or slapping the hand, he indicated to you that, during that 3-minute time period, that he was texting and snapchatting?"

"That's correct," Donovan responded.

probably something in those texts indicating it wasn't unwanted groping, if it happened

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Ghost thread

Advertisement