Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kevin Spacey...WTF?!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Kevin Spacey is a person that no one really knows, you could believe the allegations against him.

Frank is a character that's loved. Frank could never have done these things, they're lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Polanski has been kicked out of the Academy.

Yeah in 2018, only 41 years after his conviction but I'm sure they were kinda busy with other more important things :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

peasant wrote: »

and btw..the acting certainly was sub par in this clip

Was thinking the same. Underneath it all he knows his goose is cooked.

As much as I liked him as an actor there are too many allegations for the suspension of disbelief.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

This is a very epitome of a sleb living in a bubble. Somebody actually said to him that this was a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

That's excellent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

This made the news on the BBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Nice bit of gutter journalism by variety. Trying their best to make it our like the guy was an underage kid.

"Kevin Spacey is facing a felony charge of sexual assault for allegedly assaulting a former Boston TV news anchor’s teenage son in 2016, Variety has confirmed.

According to the Barnstable County Superior Court clerk’s office, Spacey will be arraigned on a charge of indecent assault and battery on a person 14 or over at Nantucket District Court on Jan. 7."

Then hope no one will read past the first paragraph and stick in "her 18-year-old son (who had told Spacey he was 21)" .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

To be fair Jimmy Saville did a lot of good charity work too... and Gary Glitter had some good songs...

Part one is true, part two......come on! (come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on)

Glitter was always crap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

He should do the trial in character.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,086 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

K-pax Alien mode with a little Lex Luthor you're not seeing the big picture here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

He should do the trial in character.

Excellent idea. The asides he used to do to the camera can be to the jury instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,527 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

What exactly constitutes sexual assault? Did he grab the lads arse or cock or ball bag? Would that be enough for a charge like this? Are there witnesses?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭Augme

As did Paul gambiancini, Cliff Richard, Jim Davidson, Nigel Evans, Jimmy Tarbuck and Harvey Proctor...all accused falsely and since declared innocent.
    Spacey May well be guilty of what he is accused of but I would not be rushing to tar and feather him until convicted of wrong doing.

Jimmy Saville was never convicted of wrong doing either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

Augme wrote: »
    Jimmy Saville was never convicted of wrong doing either.
    But he is dead and you cannot libel the dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Whether he is innocent or guilty, that video gave me the creeps.

I used to love his films, even had a bit of a crush on him years ago, now he just creeps me out.

Weird...

I think that is absolutely fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

Epic video and finally standing up to the ridiculous social media battering he had been receiving before even hearing his account of what could be fictional allegations against a rich successful man (not for the first time in history) also see it as a two fingers to netflix for writing him out without proof of guilt, when he was the one who brought success to house of cards in the first place. Brilliant to use their monologue and writing his own ending ie Frank still alive with that wedding band.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

batgoat wrote: »
    Do you say that about all sexual predators?

He might do prison time. what exactly do you want him to do ? He can seek work like any human being.
    To answer your question I would not feel that way about every sexual predator. I would lock up child or violent predators for life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Bobtheman wrote: »
    He might do prison time. what exactly do you want him to do ? He can seek work like any human being.
    To answer your question I would not feel that way about every sexual predator. I would lock up child or violent predators for life

He deserves to do prison time. Any sexual assault is an act of violence. It's making a person do something against their will that can destroy their lives. Eg Bill Cosby drugged his victims but still an act of violence that caused long term damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

He deserves to do prison time. Any sexual assault is an act of violence. It's making a person do something against their will that can destroy their lives. Eg Bill Cosby drugged his victims but still an act of violence that caused long term damage.

If convicted I assume you mean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

Yes that is very true

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Massive fan of house of cards -saw the first 5 series which were great -series 6 is a disaster its taking me 3 weeks to go through 2 episodes keep turning it off without spacey its crap but im determined to finish it

• Registered Users Posts: 66,929 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Hilarious to see the mob (happy to condemn on the basis of an allegation) get upset when the accused uses social media to fight back.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Stephen Gawking

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZveA-NAIDI

Just posted

In character vs real life?

Happy Xmas!

That whole clip is so much better than season 6 of house of cards. Tried to watch it but couldn't get past more than one episode. As for the accusations? Whatever happened to due process instead of being tried in the court of public opinion? Why didn't the accusers go to the police instead of the media? Not saying he's innocent as i don't know but we have due process rather baying mobs with blazing torches & pitchforks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

That whole clip is so much better than season 6 of house of cards. Tried to watch it but couldn't get past more than one episode. As for the accusations? Whatever happened to due process instead of being tried in the court of public opinion? Why didn't the accusers go to the police instead of the media? Not saying he's innocent as i don't know but we have due process rather baying mobs with blazing torches & pitchforks.
    He's been charged so the accuser did go to the police and it looks like there's enough evidence to pursue a prosecution... You don't see anything creepy about the fact that he releases it on the same day the charges come out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Awful accent

Terrible hammy acting

Such a creep

Absolutely ...don't much care of what he's accused of, doesn't affect me

but I never liked him, never rated him as an actor at all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

2019 is Kevin's comeback season.

Come on Kevin!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

Innocent until proven guilty is a legal doctrine. I belive in it - and Spacey hasn't been locked up without trial.

Doesn't mean I have to suspend forming an impression he's a creep though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Polanski has been kicked out of the Academy.

Was that before or after he got a standing ovation led by Streep?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

He's been charged so the accuser did go to the police and it looks like there's enough evidence to pursue a prosecution... You don't see anything creepy about the fact that he releases it on the same day the charges come out?
    Not really: he knows that he's facing two trials: one in the courtroom, one in the media. This is his first strike in the inevitable media war - telling us he knows what's coming and sowing some uncertainty among the public.

It's an interesting strategy. I don't entirely know what to make of it. I expect to see academic papers and books appearing once the dust has settled. Maybe even a book by Spacey himself, and/or a movie about the Spacey story with the man himself as a paid consultant ... either way, it's not *boring*. Having a criminal record is no real barrier to working in Hollywood: just ask Mark Wahlberg or Tim Allen.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Advertisement