Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kevin Spacey...WTF?!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

In a world of trial by social media.

I have to look at it from his point of view.

People are quick to ruin your live by believing anything they read on the internet.

Dangerous times.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,679 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

That was strange.

I love him as Frank Underwood, and certainly there's a few points well made about the whole "trial by social media" era we're in... But releasing a video in character now - presumably as a response to the allegations and the new charges - is just very, very odd.

Not sure what the end result he's trying for is. As much as I think most fans missed him from season 6, a TV show does not trump real life crimes (if indeed he is ultimately found guilty and convicted).

As I said.. strange

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

Was Kevin Spacey a sexual predator? Probably. Did he use his position? Probably. But funnily enough he kept getting hired and hired. What formal complaints emerged over his career? **** all . Not great. Not a great culture.
    So where does he go from here? Not prison. Compensation yes
    But he deserves a chance to move on yes he does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Bobtheman wrote: »
    Was Kevin Spacey a sexual predator? Probably. Did he use his position? Probably. But funnily enough he kept getting hired and hired. What formal complaints emerged over his career? **** all . Not great. Not a great culture.
    Do you say that about all sexual predators?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I liked it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

If it didn't look like he recorded it in his kitchen then I'd say it was intriguing. Instead, I assume he had a few too many and thought it was a cracking idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Dunno if you have actually done any research on what he’s been accused of but it’s multiple people and multiple allegations.

Just out of curiosity.

What is the critical number for multiple allegations?

I mean the number that makes it true.

greencap wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity.

Generally in terms of pursuing convictions it's related to multiple reports with similar details. Eg Cosby had a tendency to drug multiple victims plus all details are not public knowledge. Cases like this tend to only be pursued if significant evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

Around 20 people have made allegations about his sexual advances or sexual assault. He is a sick human and unfortunately there will be misguided people trying to defend him because he is a well known actor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

I hope he slaps claire underwoods bare arse

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

Around 20 people have made allegations about his sexual advances or sexual assault. He is a sick human and unfortunately there will be misguided people trying to defend him because he is a well known actor.

I wouldnt defend him but neither will I condemn him until he is actually found guilty of wrongdoing

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

Bobtheman wrote: »

Spacey has just been charged with federal sexual assault in the state of Nantucket so this video surfacing is no coincidence. I find this video beyond disturbing. Frank Underwood is a loathsome morally repugnant character, so to use him as a vehicle to press home some kind of point about the real truth is perplexing. If anything it demonstrates a misjudged narcissistic defiance. It also could be admissible in the prosecution's case, in that it could be construed as intimidation. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Whether he's guilty or innocent, this closes the lid on it - he's definitely a c*nt of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

fergus1001 wrote: »
    as stated he is innocent untill proven guilty

absolutely sick of trial by social media

He's a complete sex pest and I've heard first hand accounts of it from 15 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

But lefties can't be perverts, can they???

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

reg114 wrote: »
    Frank Underwood is a loathsome morally repugnant character, so to use him as a vehicle to press home some kind of point about the real truth is perplexing.

It's more than just perplexing...it's creepy.

I think Spacey has lost it. He lives in his own hype (as Frank Underwood) believing that this can somehow save him...all the while overlooking that Frank Underwood is one of the most immoral fictional characters ever created, certainly not the type of person you'd want to speak up for you in court (real or social media)

and btw..the acting certainly was sub par in this clip

Pkiernan wrote: »
    But lefties can't be perverts, can they???

Bit of a stretch to make one individuals alleged noncery into a political win.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Is it not just some outtake for the show? Did he release it himself? If so well weird.

pc7 wrote: »
    Is it not just some outtake for the show? Did he release it himself? If so well weird.

Released it himself...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

greencap wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity.

Regarding any allegations I would say let justice take its course.

As for his reputation in Hollywood it appears to be ruined.

• Advertisement

So 5 is it?

(ibf any se7en jokes)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    That was strange.

I love him as Frank Underwood, and certainly there's a few points well made about the whole "trial by social media" era we're in... But releasing a video in character now - presumably as a response to the allegations and the new charges - is just very, very odd.

Not sure what the end result he's trying for is. As much as I think most fans missed him from season 6, a TV show does not trump real life crimes (if indeed he is ultimately found guilty and convicted).

As I said.. strange

I feel like he thinks he is one of the calculating, cunning characters he plays. I believe it's highly inappropriate though and is unlikely to help him. Drop the accent and the character, modify the dialogue, drop the "doing something else" and release it after christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭MarkHenderson

Enjoy the showers Frank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭squawker

Trial by social media, what a world it's become

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

The man is guilty of randy-ness. Not the worst crime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

He does a good Al Pacino impression.

https://youtu.be/x4n1bORDkz0

• Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

He’s a bit of a degenerate ain’t he

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Roman Polanski was convicted of worse and it didn't hurt his reputation with Hollyweird none.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

Venom wrote: »
    Roman Polanski was convicted of worse and it didn't hurt his reputation with Hollyweird none.
    Polanski has been kicked out of the Academy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭AllForIt

The youtube views on this are off the scale. Nearly 1 million already. 30K thumbs up 14K thumbs down. Surely will be one of the most watched non-music video youtube vids ever.

Advertisement