Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was that about in strokestown?

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

pablo39er wrote: »
    and rehoused again.

I think he has a few houses to spare check planning applications for roscommon and longford for Anthony mcgann and his garda friend Kevin taylor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

and rehoused again.

Not in a council property. He might get HAP. If he can find a landlord to accept it.

Come to think of it, who in their right mind would rent a property to him?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 66 ✭✭pablo39er

pablo128 wrote: »
    Not in a council property

Rubbish. Anyone evicted from a local authority house can and often are re housed in other local authority housing. I've seen it many's a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

tretorn wrote: »
    How big is the farm, surely land in Roscommon wouldnt be worth much.

Would you even get 150,000 for the house.

Even taking possession of the land and the house surely wouldnt come near repaying those loans.

Think he has 100 acres

eagle eye wrote: »
    Bringing down thugs from the North

I didn't see any thugs. Apparently professionals from the north awake strong sectarian feelings, we get it. You don't like them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Think he has 100 acres
    The property he is being evicted from is the house and 8 acres

I didn't see any thugs. Apparently professionals from the north awake strong sectarian feelings, we get it. You don't like them.
    As a matter of fact I am one of the lucky ones who bears no ill will. I didn't experience any loss during the troubles. I don't know many people who were involved in that stuff. I'm just long enough around and have listened enough to understand how deep rooted the feelings towards these people are in many people in this country.
    I seen thugs btw, no doubt about that.

The whole thing is GUBU . . . and before anyone tries it . . . I don't condone any side in this farcical fiasco.

An Indian-Irish taoiseach, defending the conduct and idea of Ulster paramilitaries (while being protected by Gardai) employed by an American vulture fund, to evict a family of 3 from a farm in Roscommon the week before Christmas. And then a dissident republican gang stepping in to reverse it all, and allow the family back into the home.

You didn't see any bankers being evicted when they were in debt, no need I suppose when ordinary Irish people can be forced to pay off their debts for generations instead.

I don't know who has the most say in the future of this country, but it sure isn't the ordinary law abiding Irish citizen that's for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

The whole thing is GUBU.

An Indian-Irish taoiseach, defending the conduct and idea of Ulster paramilitaries (while being protected by Gardai) employed by an American vulture fund, to evict a family of 3 from a farm in Roscommon the week before Christmas.

And 1 single solitary man caused the whole lot. Mr McGann.No one else.

The whole thing is GUBU.

An Indian-Irish taoiseach, defending the conduct and idea of Ulster paramilitaries (while being protected by Gardai) employed by an American vulture fund, to evict a family of 3 from a farm in Roscommon the week before Christmas. And then a dissident republican gang stepping in to reverse it.

You didn't see any bankers being evicted when they were in debt, no need I suppose when ordinary Irish people can be forced to pay off their debts for generations instead.

Jaysus I think I just got a full house!

• Advertisement

Jaysus I think I just got a full house!

I tried to include as many trigger words as possible for you.

pablo128 wrote: »
    And 1 single solitary man caused the whole lot. Mr McGann.No one else.

Since when was a debtor responsible for the farcical outcome of a simple debt enforcement instead of the proper authorities ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

The whole thing is GUBU . . . and before anyone tries it . . . I don't condone any side in this farcical fiasco.

An Indian-Irish taoiseach, defending the conduct and idea of Ulster paramilitaries (while being protected by Gardai) employed by an American vulture fund, to evict a family of 3 from a farm in Roscommon the week before Christmas. And then a dissident republican gang stepping in to reverse it all, and allow the family back into the home.

I don't know who has the most say in the future of this country, but it sure isn't the ordinary law abiding Irish citizen that's for sure.

No engagement with the banks since 2009?

Owes 400,000 to revenue.

Money owed to local businesses.

I’ve no sympathy for these leeches.

He posts saying he doesn't support any side.
    He then talks about the idiot Taoiseach we currently have. He then talks about the banks and you quote him like he is supporting McGann???

No engagement with the banks since 2009?

Owes 400,000 to revenue.

Money owed to local businesses.

I’ve no sympathy for these leeches.

Whereas I've none for any of the parties, including those responsible for sorting out and overseeing what should have been a routine debt and eviction case.

He posts saying he doesn't support any side.

That's correct
    He then talks about the idiot Taoiseach

Just to be clear, I didn't call him an idiot. It would actually offer some reassurance/excuse if he was. Unfortunately I fear it's a lot more insidious than that.

My point is something you clearly don't understand. There are lots of people who grew up being told stories about the famine, the black and tans, landlords and the troubles. There are lots of people who lived during the troubles. There are lots of people whose lives were deeply affected by the troubles. Bringing down thugs from the North of Ireland to carry out this eviction awoke all those horrible memories.
    Also just because we have peace doesn't mean that all these feelings have gone away. It means that people are getting on with their lives and putting it aside. When you wipe their nose in it the ugly side is going to rear it's ugly head. This is what happened in Strokestown.

And Strokestown had an evil landlord named Major Mahon. A lot of people from the area would have grown up hearing the awful stories from his time.

Boring.
    History is history.
    Who cares what stories they heard growing up!!
    I grew up a lot closer to the border than people on roscommon & I wouldn't dream of blaming history for my criminal behaviour, if I had any! (which obviously I don't)
    Get over it.
    Pay your debts.
    If you don't, expect someone to take your house back.
    End of.

bubblypop wrote: »
    Boring.
    History is history.
    Who cares what stories they heard growing up!!
    I grew up a lot closer to the border than people on roscommon & I wouldn't dream of blaming history for my criminal behaviour, if I had any! (which obviously I don't)
    Get over it.
    Pay your debts.
    If you don't, expect someone to take your house back.
    End of.

Of course people should be held responsible for their own debts, including farmers, politicians, bankers and bondholders, but we would do well to learn the lessons of history on what happens if you refuse to implement consistent just proper professional calm and efficient debt enforcement and eviction . . . instead of promoting, defending and supporting the farcical approach used here.

Those who refuse to learn the lessons of history are destined to repeat them. That's not going to serve our society well.

bubblypop wrote:
    Boring. History is history. Who cares what stories they heard growing up!! I grew up a lot closer to the border than people on roscommon & I wouldn't dream of blaming history for my criminal behaviour, if I had any! (which obviously I don't) Get over it. Pay your debts. If you don't, expect someone to take your house back. End of.
    You grew up closer to the border? Yeah my daddy is bigger than your daddy.

You live a blinkered life, best of luck with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

You grew up closer to the border? Yeah my daddy is bigger than your daddy.

You live a blinkered life, best of luck with that.

Suppose the next eviction is with licensed, local as possible security and baliff and stamped ofeeecial court order

Will they walk out of the house then ?

• Advertisement

gctest50 wrote: »
    Suppose the next eviction is with licensed, local as possible security and baliff and stamped ofeeecial court order

No, but a licenced professional team know how to deal with this calmly and smoothly every day of the week, without causing the farce of strokestown.

But instead of this, what we get is a Taoiseach and Gardai defending and protecting raids by unlicensed Ulster paramilitaries, not just on this occasion but on at least several others as well.

How do you think Leo would be received in India, and how long do you think he would he get away with it there, if he defended, protected and endorsed the use of British paramilitary mercenaries to evict Indian people in India ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Closed.jpg

'The Bishops blessed the Blueshirts in Galway, As they sailed beneath the Swastika to Spain'

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

No, but

Suppose on Feb. 1 2019 a licenced, "local" professional security team show up with a bailiff/sheriff/paperwork from court and whatever else is needed

• Registered Users Posts: 54,595 ✭✭✭✭walshb

No, but a licenced professional team know how to deal with this calmly and smoothly every day of the week, without causing the farce of strokestown.

You can't know this....If Santa Claus and the tooth fairy tried to evict you can be almost sure the persons would not have left voluntarily.

The farce of Strokestown was created by the family and their supporters....and the social media justice mob.

It's just another case of people trying blame everyone else and anything else for problems.....it's the world we lve in today. Accountability and responsibility are no longer recognized, and really, we have these populist jumped up nobody "politicians" to blame for a fair bit of it.....

Anti establishment, anti standards, anti law, anti anything that they feel like....

• Registered Users Posts: 54,595 ✭✭✭✭walshb

An anti eviction rally event just pooped up on my FB feed..

This is where we are going as a society.....

Anti law and order and standards these events should be labeled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mod note: Seeing as the subject and this discussion has moved away from the farming element, we'll close this up now.

Thanks to all for your contributions here and further discussion on this subject can be found in AH, link below.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057938456

Buford T. Justice

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement