Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun attack at Christmas market, Strasbourg.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Sure they’ll say that this terrorist was mentally ill as well, or that he struggled to get a job and snapped

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

statesaver wrote: »
    Multiculturalism, coming to a town near you.

#diversityisstrength

I don't want to lump Islam in with multiculturalism as it doesn't seem fair to the other cultures integrating peacefully into our society.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Rather surprisingly, haven't see the term 'mental health' issue been used for this incident, you're actually the first as of yet. For this chap who was already very heavily weaponised and on a high-level watchlist.
    I didn't go for mental health on this one, because that would be downplaying the fact that he's a known violent man with previous convictions for violence and was a suspect in a murder before tonight.

Hence "psychopath".

Like I say, none of these incidents have anything to do with immigration policy anyway. It's a bit sad that you would be gleeful at the misdirection of anger towards immigration, when you seem fully aware that even if France closed all the borders tomorrow, these attacks wouldn't stop. It's almost like you don't care about the actual incident itself, so long as the outrage fuels your particular agenda...

Ultimately it's all down to historical racism and internal issues. There's a reason why most of the countries who've seen these attacks have a history of colonisation and slavery, particularly in Africa and the Middle East. And countries without such a legacy, like Ireland, don't see these kinds of attacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭emptyhouse2222

seamus wrote: »
    I didn't go for mental health on this one, because that would be downplaying the fact that he's a known violent man with previous convictions for violence and was a suspect in a murder before tonight.

Hence "psychopath".

Like I say, none of these incidents have anything to do with immigration policy anyway. It's a bit sad that you would be gleeful at the misdirection of anger towards immigration, when you seem fully aware that even if France closed all the borders tomorrow, these attacks wouldn't stop. It's almost like you don't care about the actual incident itself, so long as the outrage fuels your particular agenda...

Ultimately it's all down to historical racism and internal issues. There's a reason why most of the countries who've seen these attacks have a history of colonisation and slavery, particularly in Africa and the Middle East. And countries without such a legacy, like Ireland, don't see these kinds of attacks.

tell that bs to the family of that poor japanese student who had his throat cut from ear to ear up in dundalk
    or have we forgotten that already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Hence "psychopath".

The bit in red what a disgusting post.

The bit in green rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

tell that bs to the family of that poor japanese student who had his throat cut from ear to ear up in dundalk
    or have we forgotten that already
    I know, right? Or that poor lad who got shot outside the pub just minding his own business. Or Garda Jerry McCabe.

It's shockin so it is Joe, just shockin. You'd be afraid to go outside the door at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

What's that supposed to mean?

news-19.jpg

Again, I fail to understand what this - a picture from Birmingham 2 years ago - means in relation to my post that you're replying to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Hence "psychopath".

That was a very quick diagnosis, are you a mental health expert?

Was there no other ideology, political, religious, or socially radicalised belief structure that could have caused it?

Guess going forward based on your twisted agenda, we can simply class anyone who causes 'crime upon the person' as a psychopath. Even before there is a proper assesment, nevermind capture. Ergo reduced sentences for everyone.

Please respect the victims before making an early assesment as the actual cause and nature for this terrible incident, just to benefit your own means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Raheem Euro

This thread has the highest questions per square inch in the history of the internet.

BBFAN wrote: »
    Your point is not made by quoting me without quoting the aholes I'm answering to. Shame on you.

Is this allowed on After Hours?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

I have said it before and I will say it again...
    The innocent people murdered tonight did not colonise or enslave or invade anyone.

And calling regular people racists when they are asking questions just pushes regular people to the right,
    I called Brexit and Trump months previous to the elections , and will probably put money on Le Penn after this.

Again, I fail to understand what this - a picture from Birmingham 2 years ago - means in relation to my post that you're replying to.

as i said, tell your long bs spiel to the families of the victims
    have you forgotten Ebba already
    cos i haven't

mod: banned

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Icemancometh

FFS, no need for that.

I know the above picture will be taken down but this is the reality we are talking about.:(

FFS, no need for that.

I think some people do need to see that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 217 ✭✭Cockford Ollie

This thread has the highest questions per square inch in the history of the internet.

The internet uses metric.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭John Sacrimoni

FFS, no need for that.

There is every need for it, it should never be forgotten about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Your logic is these terrorists are already here killing us, we might might as well invite their friends along too?

How many countries did Sweden colonise?

FFS, no need for that.

sorry snowflake
    thats the reality of islamic terrorism

I know the above picture will be taken down but this is the reality we are talking about.:(

well i'm not taking the pic down sorry
    that child is the same age as my own
    and you can see the breakfast her parents made spilling out on the street
    in the name of tolerance and diversity

fukk that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Raheem Euro

The internet uses metric.

Bits and Bytes don't sound very metric to me.
    But what do I know.

imagine that childs parents paying tax to house and feed that "refugee"

sick sick sick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

as i said, tell your long bs spiel to the families of the victims
    have you forgotten Ebba already

Ok, you clearly either didn't read or didn't understand my post. None of your responses have addressed what I actually said, so let's leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

getting loads of replies too(not from me)

We won't feed the sea lion.

Time to look at Islam and see why it's fostering extremism with brutal atrocities - It's a big religion with many strands but the middle ages version that's taking hold in recent years needs to be outlawed in western democracy there is no place for these views.

Awful tragedy for these people and their families.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭NCS

Aylan Kurdi's image was plastered all over the media because it suited a particular agenda.

It's hard not to conclude that images of Western terror victims are pixellated (or altogether suppressed) because it also suits a particular agenda.

Ok, you clearly either didn't read or didn't understand my post. None of your responses have addressed what I actually said, so let's leave it at that.
    you want the truth
    you can't handle the truth

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭qwerty ui op

sorry snowflake
    thats the reality of islamic terrorism
    well i'm not taking the pic down sorry
    that child is the same age as my own
    and you can see the breakfast her parents made spilling out on the street
    in the name of tolerance and diversity

fukk that

Do you show your kid your online contribution,
    how you're fighting the good fight to keep them safe.

Better than making excuses for the animals and calling people racist.

says the childless terrorist apologist for the millionth time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭questionmark?

To be fair a warning(if it really had to be posted) could have been provided with a link with a heads up to what it was. I doubt her parents want that picture to be seen willy nilly to prove a point on a message boards.

Advertisement