Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun attack at Christmas market, Strasbourg.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Just going to point out that very many terrorist attacks (including the one this thread is about) are carried out by second generation immigrants [i.e. technically not immigrants at all].
    So imagine Ireland in 20/30 years time then.

FUCKED

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

TomSweeney wrote: »
    So imagine Ireland in 20/30 years time then.

FUCKED

Chicken Licken the sky is falling down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=87&v=pBI_3vyUfdc :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Dannyriver wrote: »
    Chicken Licken the sky is falling down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=87&v=pBI_3vyUfdc :D

Its foolish to think we'll escape what has been happening in Germany, France,Sweden and Britain.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

So how do you decide who is heroic and who is murderous?

Well for a start the two men who were heroic and weren't mass murders came from fellow EU countries and were not the descendant of someone from Algeria.
    Yeah I know that is racist or some such, but the unvarnished truth is that 99% of these guys are coming out of a certain background.

One was Polish man, we all know where they stand on your beloved mass migration.

Also why is it so difficult for some people to get their head around fact that if you just turn up with no identification you should never be let in.

And I know this guy was home grown, but do we really need to list the likes of the Berlin market attacker, the Stockholm attacker or spell out that these guys are hardly going to raise a better generation than the ones that actually did try and integrate.
    Hey. That's not our job. That's the job of all the so called brainy and wise people telling us it's ok, perfectly safe,everyone's checked muliticultraism and diversity are great. See if any of them can answer this.
    Why? Jmayo is the one saying we should try get immigrants that are brave and heroic over ones that are murderous. I don't think he'd fall in your category though. It's a great idea but if those are the traits you think potential immigrants should be judged on, how do you test them?

Oh we are so pity.
    Besides What is the definition of brainy and wise?
    I think cop on is more important.

And I do believe I have more cop on than the ones who want to continue as is.
    We have seen what has transpired in other countries, but yet you think it will be different here or worse still you actually refuse to see the issues in other countries.
    Either way it reminds me of Einsteins famous remark.

BTW your old superiority complex is showing and it is a trait you share with lots of other proponents of so called multiculturalism and mass migration.

You think you are superior and that you can change these people.
    Sure give them a warm welcome, a free home, welfare, healthcare, education and they will forget their backward ways, their bigoted attitudes, their hatreds.
    In the past these immigrants actual did but then again there weren't the preponderance of excusors waiting to give them a free pass on acting like they were back home.

But the real scary thing is some of their kids buy in the shyte hook line and sinker once something doesn't go their way in life.
    All the education, all the tax payer funded largese still can't stop them hating their fellow countrymen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

jmayo wrote: »
    Well for a start the two men who were heroic and weren't mass murders came from fellow EU countries and were not the descendant of someone from Algeria.
    Yeah I know that is racist or some such, but the unvarnished truth is that 99% of these guys are coming out of a certain background.

One was Polish man, we all know where they stand on your beloved mass migration.

Also why is it so difficult for some people to get their head around fact that if you just turn up with no identification you should never be let in.

And I know this guy was home grown, but do we really need to list the likes of the Berlin market attacker, the Stockholm attacker or spell out that these guys are hardly going to raise a better generation than the ones that actually did try and integrate.

Oh we are so pity.

We have seen what has transpired in other countries, but yet you think it will be different here or worse still you actually refuse to see the issues in other countries.

BTW your old superiority complex is showing and it is a trait you share with lots of other proponents of so called multiculturalism and mass migration.

Sure give them a warm welcome, a free home, welfare, healthcare, education and they will forget their backward ways, their bigoted attitudes, their hatreds.
    In the past these immigrants actual did but then again there weren't the preponderance of excusors waiting to give them a free pass on acting like they were back home.

But the real scary thing is some of their kids buy in the shyte hook line and sinker once something doesn't go their way in life.
    All the education, all the tax payer funded largese still can't stop them hating their fellow countrymen.

That's a lot of words to simply say "judge them by where they are from".

• Advertisement

jmayo wrote: »

Oh we are so pity.

It worked for the Irish because that s how certain members the British and the US population saw our ancestors and we didn t do too badly with our religious morality our veiled women and our pisheogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Earthsnotflat

The obvious but very inconvenient problem is with oppressive religion more so that immigrants themselves. Islam is oppressive, primarily for Muslims, they can hardly choose whether to follow it or not, they risk their lives if they deny it, for most modern decent Muslims it's probably about customs and traditions but truth is they just can't sign out of it. This religion requires total submission, no way out

• Registered Users Posts: 13,389 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

You think your place of origin is a good indicator of your character?

Your culture and belief system usually defines the character.

What we think of as good or human rights is defined by our European tradition and cultural framework, in much of the world, much of it is seen as profoundly wrong, even evil.

So for the purpose of this, roughly yes. Up to the dominance of neoliberalism, that was axiomatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Earthsnotflat

Danzy wrote: »

What we think of as good or human rights is defined by our European tradition and cultural framework

That statement implies that there's no universal notion of good and evil. But every human being (mentally able)has the innate ability to judge what is wrong and what not, I mean basics like murder or love, that's not disputable. What to do with this knowledge is other thing and that's depends on given politics, what's profitable, what's in someone's interest, whether to belong to majority way of thinking and profit or to minority and to loose some benefit like inclusion etc etc

What we think of as good or human rights is defined by our European tradition and cultural framework, in much of the world, much of it is seen as profoundly wrong, even evil.

So for the purpose of this, roughly yes. Up to the dominance of neoliberalism, that was axiomatic.

What a desperately myopic point of view for an adult to have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Do you apply that only on a national scale or would you also apply it on a more local scale too?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭malinheader

It worked for the Irish because that s how certain members the British and the US population saw our ancestors and we didn t do too badly with our religious morality our veiled women and our pisheogs.

Are you saying the Irish received social welfare and housing when they went to Britain and the USA. And do you think the immigrants from Muslim countries are basically the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

'No Blacks, No Dogs, No Irish'

'No Jews Muslims, some blacks, sight seeing dogs'.

Progress :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,329 ✭✭✭jmreire

Just going to point out that very many terrorist attacks (including the one this thread is about) are carried out by second generation immigrants [i.e. technically not immigrants at all].

That's because the 1st arrivals ( Parents ) know exactly what they have left behind...and don't want to risk being sent back to their home Country. But the 1st generation born in Europe, have no such memories, plus they are now Citizens of their "adopted" Country and have all the right's that Citizens enjoy.

Are you saying the Irish received social welfare and housing when they went to Britain and the USA. And do you think the immigrants from Muslim countries are basically the same.

That s exactly what I'm saying...The Irish squatted/slept rough or stayed in filthy hostels all over London and most claimed welfare plus the Irish were famous for welfare scams where many claimed welfare in numerous districts. They were also notorious for being drunk or sleeping in the tube station or rough in the alley ways of London. When things are **** at home people emigrate even to places where they aren't welcome or hadn't you noticed.

That s exactly what I'm saying...The Irish squatted/slept rough or stayed in filthy hostels all over London and most claimed welfare plus the Irish were famous for welfare scams where many claimed welfare in numerous districts. They were also notorious for being drunk or sleeping in the tube station or rough in the alley ways of London. When things are **** at home people emigrate even to places where they aren't welcome or hadn't you noticed.

What total boll**ks. Slept rough or hostel there still not housed. And I can tell you for certain claiming welfare in Britain or USA for s non nationals was not an option .Notorious for being drunk jesus you are hilarious, time for the ignore list for you. Totally pathetic answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

The Amish.

Red Army Faction - Badder Meinhof.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,056 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Proof all these claims please?

What total boll**ks. Slept rough or hostel there still not housed. And I can tell you for certain claiming welfare in Britain or USA for s non nationals was not an option .Notorious for being drunk jesus you are hilarious, time for the ignore list for you. Totally pathetic answer.

That s common knowledge fella read a book will you

Proof all these claims please?

Ask your Da he 'll prove it for you

• Advertisement

Don't need no book. Have been there myself. Social welfare, free housing, Drunks. If you're an Irish person it was probably some of them drunks who put the clothes on your back.

Don't need no book. Have been there myself. Social welfare, free housing, Drunks. If you're an Irish person it was probably some of them drunks who put the clothes on your back.

What s that got to do with anything? I wasn't making a judgement I was stating facts. what point are you making?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Are you on commission with Easons or something? When someone asks you to back up your waffle, you are very fond of telling them to read a book. It is almost as if you can’t back up your “points”.

What s that got to do with anything? I wasn't making a judgement I was stating facts. what point are you making?

The point I'm making is your facts are wrong. Perhaps it's you who needs to read up on a few things.

The point I'm making is your facts are wrong. Perhaps it's you who needs to read up on a few things.

In what way wrong?

Are you on commission with Easons or something? When someone asks you to back up your waffle, you are very fond of telling them to read a book. It is almost as if you can’t back up your “points”.

I shouldn t have to go around doing research for you. Like i said read a book

• Registered Users Posts: 14,233 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

This is a weird thread, obviously a terrible incident, but you have to do something illegal in order to be arrested. Reminds me of the bear tax in the simpsons. People want the benefit of mass surveillance, a police state where you're arrested without doing a crime, but don't want it to effect their own rights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Cienciano wrote: »
    This is a weird thread, obviously a terrible incident, but you have to do something illegal in order to be arrested. Reminds me of the bear tax in the simpsons. People want the benefit of mass surveillance, a police state where you're arrested without doing a crime, but don't want it to effect their own rights.

The police raided this guy's apartment on the morning of the attack. They obviously had intel on him but they screwed up, allowing him to escape and murder 5 people and injure many more.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,056 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Ask your Da he 'll prove it for you

My Dad lived in England for while and said what you said was luas of horse ****

• Advertisement

My Dad lived in England for while and said what you said was luas of horse ****

Did he ? well he must have been either asleep or privileged because i lived there in the late 80's early 90's and everything I ve said is fact. Perhaps your grand parents were rich and set him up over there yeah?

Advertisement