Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda shoots dog in Longford

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Yes it was husband that she said at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,502 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

STB. wrote: »
    Nope. "your'e after to shooting my husband"

Yes it was the husband she was referring to, like they would give two ****s about a dog being shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭White Clover

Nope. "your'e after to shooting my husband"

No, two words, "the dog"

At 22 seconds the guard refers to the dog and she says she has him on a......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Elvisjuice

No, two words, "the dog"

you are talking scutter

Elvisjuice wrote: »
    you are talking scutter

Great post stokesie!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

No, two words, "the dog"

Time for you to unwax those ears. Its clear as day @ 43 seconds that she says "you're after shooting my husband".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Yeah, and if I had two flutes I'd never leave the house.

A call was made, he was sent. Him being in his own or not is irrelevant. The only people responsible for this are the criminals involved
    Why would you not leave the house?

Dude, c'mon...he'd be..eh...busy....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDhgYiBYx4s

Time for you to unwax those ears. Its clear as day @ 43 seconds that she says "you're after shooting my husband".

Video I have clearly says the dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Gardaeize €50,000 worth of stolen machinery in Longford

Another raid in Longford today...same as last week stolen machinery recovered wonder if it’s the same crowd the guard was dealing with..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,622 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

They are not having a good week down there.

https://www.thejournal.ie/longford-seizure-4378507-Dec2018/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Wheres Me Jumper?

harr wrote: »
    Gardaeize €50,000 worth of stolen machinery in Longford

Another raid in Longford today...same as last week stolen machinery recovered wonder if it’s the same crowd the guard was dealing with..

fair play to the gardaí, excellente!

about time these parasites were targeted.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Yeah fair play that they didn't shy away after what happened yesterday.

That said it might not be travellers involved this time ;)

Edit: Never mind this was a follow up to the raid that involved travellers.

Well then your deaf or the voices are in your head. I recommend headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Allinall

I don't know what happened but people are believing what the guards and what papers are saying, they don't always tell the truth.

What have the guards said?

I haven’t seen any statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Allinall wrote: »
    What have the guards said?

I haven’t seen any statement.

For sale: German Shepherd. No food or vet bills. Doesn't bark or bite.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Techold

It is just that there is increased Garda resources and new Garda management deployed in the Longford area.it has been well known for quite some time now that Longford is infested with serious drug dealing families and serious crime lords. They have initiated serious campaigns of intimidation and house burnings against those who challenged them.This unfortunately extended to members of Garda Siochana and their families.With the noted exception of two honourable politicians all other TDs and county councillors were also afraid.This is somewhat similar to the Limerick crime situation and the Veronica Guerin murder times of some years ago.This situation has got out of hand due to under resourced policing.

Techold wrote: »
    It is just that there is increased Garda resources and new Garda management deployed in the Longford area.it has been well known for quite some time now that Longford is infested with serious drug dealing families and serious crime lords. They have initiated serious campaigns of intimidation and house burnings against those who challenged them.This unfortunately extended to members of Garda Siochana and their families.

With the noted exception of two honourable politicians

all other TDs and county councillors were also afraid.This is somewhat similar to the Limerick crime situation and the Veronica Guerin murder times of some years ago.This situation has got out of hand due to under resourced policing.

With the noted exception of two honourable politicians

Which two politicians ?

gctest50 wrote: »
    For sale: German Shepherd. No food or vet bills. Doesn't bark or bite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Man, you are condescending. I have trained in both.

I wasn't being intentionally condescending but if you're had experience with both its been poorly served (and that's me being nice to you, hows that?).

You need more training.

Right, Suits on Netflix now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Thats interesting, hope you save a copy of that version of the video.
    If they released an "early" cut, it could be very useful in weeks to come!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Wheres Me Jumper?

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Thats interesting, hope you save a copy of that version of the video.
    If they released an "early" cut, it could be very useful in weeks to come!

tbh i couldn't give a rat's arse if they had a poodle, an alsatian or a chimpanzee.
    what can clearly be seen is these parasites were interfering with a member of AGS in the course of his duties,

the Garda felt threatened and correctly discharged his firearm to protect himself. the fact that this scumbag was hit in the foot is a bonus imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

tbh i couldn't give a rat's arse if they had a poodle, an alsatian or a chimpanzee.
    what can clearly be seen is these parasites were interfering with a member of AGS in the course of his duties,

the Garda felt threatened and correctly discharged his firearm to protect himself. the fact that this scumbag was hit in the foot is a bonus imo.

In Afghanistan, insurgents often plant roadside bombs in the corpses of dead dogs and other animals so when it explodes, it embeds the rotting flesh in the wounds of the victims, causing survivors to die painful deaths later from infections and blood poisoning. Wonder if there’s any chance of the same happening from a bullet that passed through a dog?

Cats do that too - scrape their nails on the ground before they attack

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

It is just that there is increased Garda resources and new Garda management deployed in the Longford area.it has been well known for quite some time now that Longford is infested with serious drug dealing families and serious crime lords. They have initiated serious campaigns of intimidation and house burnings against those who challenged them.This unfortunately extended to members of Garda Siochana and their families.With the noted exception of two honourable politicians all other TDs and county councillors were also afraid.This is somewhat similar to the Limerick crime situation and the Veronica Guerin murder times of some years ago.This situation has got out of hand due to under resourced policing.

Looks like this is a situation where the institutions of the State are being threatened. These types are crossing the line here.

Giving them ethnic status was a serious own goal for the powers that be.

The past behaviour of the Travellers , the resulting 'Peter Casey Effect' & now this sorta thing....

All it takes is one more serious incident & it will happen soon. These types don't know when to stop at this stage & I can't wait to see the the backlash happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

No, two words, "the dog"

"I have him on a Leeeead" is what I can hear

Giving them ethnic status was a serious own goal for the powers that be.

Why ?

Do you want to be the same ethnic group as the likes of that scumbaggery ?

I don't

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭facehugger99

If an invisible, silent dog attacked me and I had a gun, you better fcukin' believe I would shoot it in the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

Theres only 3 people who post here that I'd give any credence to regarding firearms, their use and effectivness (outside of the shooting forum) Makikomi, BattleCorp and ManicMoran.

I shoot in a recreational manner and have a simplistic knowledge.

I do disagree with Makikomi when he says, maybe facetiously, that he wants a larger calibre than a 9mm for a dog.

A scatter load of police agencies worldwide, and the US military (SIG in place of Beretta recently), use the 9mm round. Would hardly do if not effective against humans which would be also effective against dogs. Same re 9mm submachine guns used by counter terrorist/swat units. The 9mm is not a round to be shrugged off.

More people are killed every year by the wee .22 than any larger calibres (civilian). They are not "man stopping" rounds but you will die of blood loss. Also a .22 in the right place will kill you. They have no penetration so will just bounce around inside you causing severe damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Heckler wrote: »

Well, that's comforting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Heckler wrote: »

I do disagree with Makikomi when he says, maybe facetiously, that he wants a larger calibre than a 9mm for a dog.

You misunderstood Makikomi's point.

Dependant on the size of the dog and placement of the round, it is possible that the dog was able to leave the immediate scene and die offsite.

His point was, a headshot with a 9mm or use of a larger calibre weapon would drop the dog instantly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement