Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2019 - General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I see judge in rich energy case has ordered that they produce documentation re total sales where cans carried the logo, all income, outgoings etc Including payments to Haas etc.
    I believe it's to assess any compensation due to whyte bikes.

Should get very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

mickdw wrote: »
    I see judge in rich energy case has ordered that they produce documentation re total sales where cans carried the logo, all income, outgoings etc Including payments to Haas etc.
    I believe it's to assess any compensation due to whyte bikes.

Should get very interesting.

Actually, that's not great at all, I can't understand how a company like HAAS could get drawn into such a tar pit; It's a huge industrial automation company that's been around for 36 years, they should be more than capable to smell out a fishy business. I guess that's what happens when you let the sales department go on about their bonuses unchecked...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Please Christian, this guy would be brilliant at Red Bull.
    https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/41802/mercedes-prepared-to-cut-ties-with-ocon/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

flazio wrote: »
    Please Christian, this guy would be brilliant at Red Bull.
    https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/41802/mercedes-prepared-to-cut-ties-with-ocon/

Not sure if they'd chance that after Brazil last year :D Apart from that though, I think Ocon would make sense for Red Bull. I don't think he'd ever beat Max, but he'd be a pretty close number 2 I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Harika

Silly season intensifies, the vettel retirement is not going away. His family is pushing him.
    Ricciardo has a clause in his contract to head off to Mercedes or ferrari if they knock. Bottas is also in contention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/41816/williams-to-ditch-mercedes-engine-in-favour-of-renault/

An article suggesting Williams is considering a switch to Renault engines.

I was thinking about this the other day. Williams is strapped for cash so it is unusual for them to have the most expensive and best engine. They’re so far off the pace their engine is clearly not the problem. Much better to get a more affordable engine and work in the chassis which obviously needs work. The car is so uncompetitive that it makes zero sense to pay for mercs.

On the other hand they could be angling for a better deal from Mercedes. Maybe even get Ocon as a pay driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,574 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/41816/williams-to-ditch-mercedes-engine-in-favour-of-renault/

An article suggesting Williams is considering a switch to Renault engines.

I was thinking about this the other day. Williams is strapped for cash so it is unusual for them to have the most expensive and best engine. They’re so far off the pace their engine is clearly not the problem. Much better to get a more affordable engine and work in the chassis which obviously needs work. The car is so uncompetitive that it makes zero sense to pay for mercs.

On the other hand they could be angling for a better deal from Mercedes. Maybe even get Ocon as a pay driver.

Maybe its Honda engines they should look at getting if Honda are up for supplying a third team. There is very little between the Honda and Renault engines now and I would even go so far as to say the Honda is now more reliable and more powerful. I was reading on article the other day about how they have taken some inspiration from the the Honda jet engine to make the turbo fan in there F1 work as well better as the MGU-H and K. It has just taken 2 years to get it done but they are now doing it so that win by Max at the Austrian race track might not be just a one off.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »

Maybe its Honda engines they should look at getting if Honda are up for supplying a third team. There is very little between the Honda and Renault engines now and I would even go so far as to say the Honda is now more reliable and more powerful. I was reading on article the other day about how they have taken some inspiration from the the Honda jet engine to make the turbo fan in there F1 work as well better as the MGU-H and K. It has just taken 2 years to get it done but they are now doing it so that win by Max at the Austrian race track might not be just a one off.

Im delighted to see Honda’s latest engine work better. I heard about that jet engine technology In the context of cost caps and how difficult they would be to implement when Honda has jet engine technology branches to draw on (though cost caps are definitely needed) but that’s another discussion.

I don’t think Honda has made that much of a leap yet but it could put them on a rich development seam. So you could be right over the medium term.

https://news.sky.com/story/i-would-take-a-bullet-for-vladimir-putin-says-ex-f1-chief-bernie-ecclestone-11759373
    Bernie is some man. Bit off topic but what a crazy old git. 'Putin should run Europe' was one of the highlights.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,574 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

https://news.sky.com/story/i-would-take-a-bullet-for-vladimir-putin-says-ex-f1-chief-bernie-ecclestone-11759373
    Bernie is some man. Bit off topic but what a crazy old git. 'Putin should run Europe' was one of the highlights.

He is a fecking idiot if he really thinks that. I suppose he think's the so called President in America is doing a good job too. Putin must have brain washed him. Am glad he is not running F1 anymore.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Attention seeker seeks attention. More at 6:01.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,648 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Sainz and Norris to stay at McLaren for next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Anjobe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭d8491prj5boyvg

Anjobe wrote: »

Good news, although probably never in doubt. Silverstone is (was?) a great circuit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Nic_Col

So that's 20 races confirmed for next year. Spanish, German and Mexican GP's still not confirmed, can't see an expansion to 23 races so at least one of those will probably get the bullet.

I hope Mexico is retained.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭d8491prj5boyvg

Nic_Col wrote: »
    So that's 20 races confirmed for next year. Spanish, German and Mexican GP's still not confirmed, can't see an expansion to 23 races so at least one of those will probably get the bullet.

I hope Mexico is retained.

It must be the Spanish GP that gets cut. Very boring. I'm no fan of present-day Hockenheim but surely they can't skip a German race?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,183 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

If Barcelona is cut where will testing be moved to? Paul Ricard?

pjohnson wrote: »
    If Barcelona is cut where will testing be moved to? Paul Ricard?

Somewhere hot, please god. Testing in cold conditions that will probably never be repeated in a race, is stupid. The track is terrible for f1. Might be great hit other types of motor racing but not f1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

21 races for next season, Spain & Germany are goners, Mexico will stay.

The testing will probably still be held in Catalunya, it's not dependent on the race being there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Is there any information out there about what changes will be made to Zandvoort, if any?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Testing should be banned on race tracks that are on the F1 championship calender. The teams have too much info on the track surface when they turn up during the season. Best keeping some mystery on a race weekend.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

https://twitter.com/rich_energy/status/1148994221686370304

What a bunch of absolute LOSERS. Rich energy should be brought to the cleaners for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,183 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Far more likely Whyte Bikes have already brought them to the cleaners and they cant afford to pay Haas anymore.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

pjohnson wrote: »
    Far more likely Whyte Bikes have already brought them to the cleaners and they cant afford to pay Haas anymore.

And naturally, they were assholes about it.

And naturally, they were assholes about it.

As was predicted by everyone that it would implode

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

I'd soooooo like to hear Guenther Steiner's take on this :D

https://mobile.twitter.com/harrismonkey/status/1149011037666140160

Chris Harris finally got a can in his hands

Rumour : twitter was "hacked" to get publicity

D_IPFhlXkAEoHqV.jpg

• Advertisement

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_Energy_Ltd.

It continues to implode. Their wiki page has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement