Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

:Online: Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Anyone on tonight? I'll be on about half 10 if anyone wants to posse up. Not sure whether to stick with my new character Sadie the 2nd or give her another attempt.

467560.jpg

467561.jpg

Stick with her. She looks great! I tried to create a decent female character but she looks nothing like that, bless her.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Couldn't make it on last night but I'll definite (95% sure) be on tonight instead. Starting today, Rockstar has upped the rewards, reduced the prices and giving everyone 250 dollars and 15 gold bars to go mad! Rolling out from tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Couldn't make it on last night but I'll definite (95% sure) be on tonight instead. Starting today, Rockstar has upped the rewards, reduced the prices and giving everyone 250 dollars and 15 gold bars to go mad! Rolling out from tonight.

They are also refunding players the difference of the prices.. heres the full release
    We want to thank the Red Dead community for playing and sending us tons of valuable feedback during the first full week of the Red Dead Online Beta’s availability. This feedback is crucial to help shape the game as we move forward.

Today we are starting to implement the first set of adjustments to the game including changes specifically geared towards creating a more balanced, fun and rewarding overall experience, across all modes and missions. These include:

Increasing the cash and gold payments across a number of different activities including Free Roam Missions, Free Roam Events, replays of A Land of Opportunities Missions, Showdown Series modes and more.
    Reducing the prices of most weapons in the Wheeler, Rawson & Co Catalogue and Gunsmiths. For players that have already purchased weapons at the previous prices, we will automatically deposit the difference to player balances starting today - please look for an alert message the next time you log in to the Red Dead Online Beta to notify you of this change, refunds may take up until December 10th to reach all players.
    Balancing the values of select pelts, skins and fish as well as horse reviver and pamphlets.
    Of course our efforts to improve and balance the Red Dead Online Beta will continue. We are conscious of and still evaluating an assortment of further adjustments based on feedback from the community. We are currently working on fixes for some persistent bugs that are causing some players to be kicked from sessions, and we aim to have fixes for these live next week. We will also continue to review all the feedback and suggestions so please keep them coming to reddeadonline.com/feedback.

As an added thank you for playing and helping us through the beta period, we're also awarding everyone that joined in to play the Red Dead Online Beta at any point through midnight PST today with a gift of RDO$250 and 15 Gold Bars. Gifts should start arriving today and will hit all eligible players by Friday, December 14th.

Once again, we want to thank everyone for playing the Red Dead Online Beta and sharing their experiences so far with us. There’s still lots more to come so please stay tuned!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,724 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm playing it now and the disconnects are ****ing brutal. Why am I even bothering with it.

Got paid $16 there for delivering post. Rewards have improved for sure :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I’m tryna a posse but I’m getting “This posse cannot support another persistent member” is there anyway around this?

Good laugh arsing around with Kenja. The bottom pic looks ..... Well, it's actually exactly how it looks.

467659.jpg

467660.jpg

467662.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

467659.jpg

That's me behind you!

shrewdness wrote: »
    That's me behind you!

Ah balls man sorry, I didn't recognise the username. Myself and Proco were in party chat, you were probably wondering what we were up to half the time (looting the mansion and swimming over to prison Island and failing miserably. Will posse up next time we're on. Good drinking with ya!

That's me behind you!

Ah balls man sorry, I didn't recognise the username. Myself and Proco were in party chat, you were probably wondering what we were up to half the time (looting the mansion and swimming over to prison Island and failing miserably. Will posse up next time we're on. Good drinking with ya!

Ha no worries, I was only on for a little while anyway so just arsing about. I'd be on longer another time. Good to play online without getting shot at by everybody I come across for once!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

That's me behind you!

Sorry, didn't realise who you were.
    At least you know we are friendly. :pac:
    PM us next time and we'll add you to the party.

I wish they'd add colours to your dot like in gta online so you can see friend/crew/random guy instantly.

The 3 of us tried to swim to the prison but it'll stop you when you get half way there or it'll black screen & respawn you back in St Denis.

The currents seem strong as well, we were drifting away from where we were wanting to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I love that things like drinking beer, eating and smoking can effect your cores. In GTA 5 online you could do do all those things and yet it never really had much of an effect (well except for eating which increases your health) but there was never a point to drinking or smoking in the game so it was kind've redundant. At least Red Dead online gave you a reason to do that stuff.

Haven't played in a few days and was on for a bit last night. It dawned on me that what was really missing from the online was the voice over the last game had!!!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Have they done anything about the gods awful rate of earning any money? I played this for about 2 hours last weekend and made about $3 which was taken away to pay for a camp and stable. It's pretty clear they're just being hungry cnuts about it wanting people to spend real money on virtual currency, but I'm just not going to bother my arse if it's as bad as this. They'd want to triple or quadruple the drop earnings for me to want to put up with having to play something with a controller (which I fking despise) and random sociopaths when I could be playing Destiny with a mouse and keyboard and not getting ganked in the world when I'm just trying to go from A to B.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Went online earlier on and was given 15 Gold Bars and $250. I'd imagine other people got this as well.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Went online earlier on and was given 15 Gold Bars and $250. I'd imagine other people got this as well.

Got mine just now, then the game crashed. That's me done for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Is the patch for it out yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Is the patch for it out yet?

well things have changed a bit,more money and gold for missions,cheapers guns and stuff

well things have changed a bit,more money and gold for missions,cheapers guns and stuff

But no patch?

The Varmint Rifle is so good for head shots. If you miss the head you're a bit screwed but it's so accurate. I'm sure they'll nerf it eventually.

• Advertisement

Goes online...collects rewards...goes offline.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 kegr16

Hi all! Looking for a posse to team up with to take on Saint Denis rooftop campers!

PSN:kegr16

I was out in a wooded area and some fella was following me around so I blew him away before he could do it to me. Maybe I panicked but I did what I had to do. I'm becoming much more suspicious of other players in online now, imparticular the ones that come flying up behind you and shoot you in the back.

Edit : I take it all back. Meeting loads of griefers today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Am i a griefer? If i see you i will probably try and shoot you.

Went on there last night to collect some gold. Two lads in a wagon passed me where I spawned then came back. One tried to distract me with what was a brilliant role playing accent, sounded like Tim Roth in the Hateful 8. Shot him in the face as he was saying "my good man we've got a wagon here and we were wondering...." and his buddy was behind me in the wagon. Needless to say his buddy shot me as I turned around. His buddy didn't show on the minimap at all.

Thought it was an NPC talking until I saw the tag at the side, I would have been hog-tied for sure, very funny though.

Kenjataimu wrote: »

Blackwater is dangerous.

Are weapons still able to be customised? I bought the bolt action yesterday but when I tried to buy components today, the option was greyed out.

Kenjataimu wrote: »

Any time I'm on all I get is griefers. I've started to just avoid everyone else if I'm trying to get somewhere, because my experience is everyone just shoots.

Even after a long mission in tall trees where there were 4 of us and we all had to help and revive each other etc. - as soon as we respond after the mission, I see the other 3 are in a posse and immediately start shooting at me. That sh*t just gets really old. Luckily in this case, I was quick enough to hide behind a tree and killed a couple of them, before getting on my horse and fleeing. Rarely works out that well though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,502 ✭✭✭✭Varik

kegr16 wrote: »
    Blackwater is dangerous.

Are weapons still able to be customised? I bought the bolt action yesterday but when I tried to buy components today, the option was greyed out.

Lot of stuff is level locked, some of it can be bought for gold but a lot is even then level locked

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    Lot of stuff is level locked, some of it can be bought for gold but a lot is even then level locked

I bought a rolling block today and customised the scope for dollars straight away, but when I tried to customise again later, same problem. Am I doing something wrong or...?

Advertisement