Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

:Online: Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

I don’t think on line is for me ... my first game ever to try on line and every time I try to do a mission some random player always kills me.. was trying to do a mission out of strawberry and same player is always following me.. he seems to have a huge arsenal of different weapons where as I am still on my first set.
    Bit of pain to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Decided to take a break from it a while and return to the single player. I was in the middle of my second play through when online came out so I spent a lot of my time playing online, but now I think I'll finish the rest of the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

harr wrote: »
    I don’t think on line is for me ... my first game ever to try on line and every time I try to do a mission some random player always kills me.. was trying to do a mission out of strawberry and same player is always following me.. he seems to have a huge arsenal of different weapons where as I am still on my first set.
    Bit of pain to be honest

Setup your own posse known as 'The Harr' and get them to sort out that fella :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

harr wrote: »
    Bit of pain to be honest

I think I found him

south-park-s10e08c05-the-slaughter-16x9.jpg?quality=0.8

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

They're here...

9scwg0a399421.png

I like the name Reddit have given them; Micahtransactions!

• Advertisement

I won't be spending a dime on those gold bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

these things obviously make money who buys them the fabulously wealthy, children with their parents credit cards, the kardashians?

What are they used for, just cosmetics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Tried sailing a small steam boat from SandyKnee to Blackwater.
    The boat stopped halfway across flat iron lake and then just sunk.
    Felt like it was coded that way, the boat had no damage to it.

Have they added anything since introducing the microtransactions? The game as it is has very little in the way of content and you would be bored stiff if you were to be playing the free roam missions or replaying fort mercer for the 100th time to level up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Are they going to add any more story missions to online? After the 6th mission the bloke who broke you out of prison tells you that their business is done for now. At first I thought that maybe you unlocked more story missions after you've leveled up a bit more or something, but i'm at level 32 now and I haven't had any more missions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The last 2 missions are divided by reputation.

You get 2 if good and another 2 if bad

Varik wrote: »
    The last 2 missions are divided by reputation.

You get 2 if good and another 2 if bad

Oh really? Well great job telling us about that R*.

I thought they just weren't available yet. Stupid non nonsensical thing to do, so have have to get my rep down to access the last 2 missions?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Oh really? Well great job telling us about that R*.

I thought they just weren't available yet. Stupid non nonsensical thing to do, so have have to get my rep down to access the last 2 missions?

No there's 2 branching stories. But just means there is more that you could do while waiting for the rest.

You've done the last 2 missions this is an alternative last 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Tried sailing a small steam boat from SandyKnee to Blackwater.
    The boat stopped halfway across flat iron lake and then just sunk.
    Felt like it was coded that way, the boat had no damage to it.

Proco, ya hoor. I read this post a few days ago and googled the map to find Sandyknee. Couldn't find it for love nor money. :mad:

I've just copped where it is. :o

:pac: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

What's the quickest was to level up XP? Missions / side missions or outright rampage? Taking forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

I was just in the saloon in Valentine and the guy at the piano was playing Jingle Bells. This game...

What's the quickest was to level up XP? Missions / side missions or outright rampage? Taking forever!

Fort Mercer story mission with 2 people seems to be the method of choice.

Proco, ya hoor. I read this post a few days ago and googled the map to find Sandyknee. Couldn't find it for love nor money. :mad:

I've just copped where it is. :o

:pac: :D

Frankie all weekend :pac:

2papha.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I don't get it :(

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I don't get it :(

Saint Denis, if you try saying it the fancy french way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Saint Denis, if you try saying it the fancy french way.

Really should have copped that one :D

I say it the hard English way, so it completely slipped me up :pac:

Had a lad invite me to a party earlier, now I don't normally accept them from strangers but we were playing Fort Mercer mission and he looked like he'd the same idea I had. Went up 10 levels playing that with just the two of us.

What the mission doesn't tell you is that you get split point ammo to use. +5xp per kill with that, run up to the enemy hit r2 for eyes wide shut and execute xp. 30-35 per kill. We cleared the place not caring about dying but not pushing it so that the checkpoint for the boss activated.

Better XP of you use the knife I think and remember to reset your challenges with you get gold in those.

Is this still in beta or what's the craic with it?

I've done the missions as far as they go, so I presume it's just a free-for-all after that and online for RDR2 is pretty much a big pile of poop?

Is this still in beta or what's the craic with it?

I've done the missions as far as they go, so I presume it's just a free-for-all after that and online for RDR2 is pretty much a big pile of poop?

Yep, still in beta. I'm still enjoying it but the lack of things to do is starting to grate. I'm up to rank 31 and have bought all the weapons, clothing and upgrades I want for now. So most nights I'm just moseying around doing a bit of hunting and the odd few rounds of Showdown Series.

I expect it will be out of beta soon and there will hopefully be additional content (properties, businesses, gambling) but so far total radio silence from Rockstar as usual.

doubledown wrote: »
    Yep, still in beta. I'm still enjoying it but the lack of things to do is starting to grate. I'm up to rank 31 and have bought all the weapons, clothing and upgrades I want for now. So most nights I'm just moseying around doing a bit of hunting and the odd few rounds of Showdown Series.

I expect it will be out of beta soon and there will hopefully be additional content (properties, businesses, gambling) but so far total radio silence from Rockstar as usual.

Did you come across any griefers?

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Did you come across any griefers?

A few. But I usually just ignore them and go on my way. No point in getting bogged down in a grudge match with them.

Until we have private or friends only lobbies the best way to play undisturbed is to select an area you DON'T want to explore and then just hop on your horse and gallop to where you do want to go. They tend to spawn players close to one another but you'll often find that the rest of the map is almost empty.

Popped on for a bit earlier, some new and more frequent free roam events I haven't played. I liked the bows and horse mounted ones. Decent XP too.

Then I did a bit of XP grinding with the launch Xbox and an alt account on the Fort Mercer Story mission. Looks rough on the launch xbox vs the One X. X loads me in in about 60 seconds, the launch one takes over 3 minutes to get from the main menu to spawn.

Not sure if I mentioned how you do that with a pal or second console so you don't have other players with you? Basically replay the mission with another person in your possie or alt account. Press X to matchmake, B to quit. A to exit with possie. It's spawn you near the map marker for the mission get on the same horse as your partner/alt account and ride to the marker, then A to start the mission.

You can then run it for as long as you like dying when you start running low on enemies but before you trigger Teddy Brown.

With the express ammo or any crafted ammo you get more XP also running up to them with RT for an execution will next 30 xp per kill. Worth doing it with the bow and knife for a while to get your health up to level 10. Once through on my own I can get near 1000xp

doubledown wrote: »

Thanks, thought so. I'm only a rank 11 now, but I've done all the missions and playing through them with others who were late to it isn't yielding the same amounts for me.

I think I'll just keep an eye out to see what R* say about the Beta ending until I go near online again - it's just not appealing at all at the moment.

When did this get a battle royale mode? Just noticed the Gun Rush mode there earlier in the quick join menu.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

When did this get a battle royale mode? Just noticed the Gun Rush mode there earlier in the quick join menu.

Today, just in the last hour.

Advertisement