Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

:Online: Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Great update

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60804/Red-Dead-Online-Beta-Update?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=rdo-gunrush-01102019&utm_content=newswire

Proximity-Based Player Blips: Player location blips will soon appear only over short distances, reducing the range at which you are visible to others, decreasing the likelihood of being targeted by another player across large areas. Down the line, we’re also looking to introduce the ability to identify players who grief and kill indiscriminately with a progressively darkening blip that becomes more visible and at a longer range, so everyone in a session can identify potentially dangerous opponents at a glance and from a safe distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

So um... what's up with the "lives" deal? My team mates were playing like lizards and got themselves killed. I never died once yet have to retry checkpoint??? :eek: Shouldn't that only happen if the last team mate dies after loss of all lives?
    You are supposed to revive downed teammates before you lose that life.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

So um... what's up with the "lives" deal? My team mates were playing like lizards and got themselves killed. I never died once yet have to retry checkpoint??? :eek: Shouldn't that only happen if the last team mate dies after loss of all lives?

Its total team lives, not lives per person, one person could lose them all on you and mess everything up for the rest of the team

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Thanks, I see.

Also, noticed this thread has gone a bit dead... Is everyone not enjoying online? I heard some negative things about it. Haven't really got that far into it because I'm still obsessing over my character's haircut :D

theres not much to do besides hunting after you get bored of the missions

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Thanks, I see.

Also, noticed this thread has gone a bit dead... Is everyone not enjoying online? I heard some negative things about it. Haven't really got that far into it because I'm still obsessing over my character's haircut :D

Haven't played online since before Christmas. I've been playing other games since then, but yeah it's kind've repetitive right now. I'd like them to introduce some new story missions, and some other new features to keep it entertaining.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I'm rank 20 now and my God, Red Dead online is absolutely awful. How has this problematic multiplayer slipped under the radar after Fallout 76?

While the press are seemingly distracted by the game's economy (and it is true, a truly garbage monetary system obviously designed to push the purchase of gold bars) nobody seems to be talking about the bugs upon bugs upon bugs and before anybody says, "it's a beta!", this plays more like an alpha. Stranger missions outright do not work.
    The one time I did manage to initiate a strange mission the posse leader I needed to hunt down was miles and miles away with absolutely no hope of getting to him in 3 minutes, literally on the opposite side of the map. How is this acceptable after so many months of being active? If they haven't fixed it after this long then that doesn't bode well further down the line. And what's with players loading in and out abnormally on battle royal modes?

But the number one biggest issue is griefers. In my opinion unless the opponent retaliates or it's mission specific players should not be able to just go around killing other players. It's absolutely destroying any joy left in online.
    You can't do anything. Like I said, it's different when it's mission based but when you're just out trying to hunt or order stuff from your catalogue or getting a haircut then it's just downright disruptive. I've been spamming the report button like mad and I hope there is a serious punishment system for griefers further down the line.

I've spent the last half hour having to log into different servers because I keep being chased by trigger happy lizards who have no interest in any other aspect of online other than making other players miserable. R* need to do something about it ASAP. One guy kept trying to get into a fist fight with me and didn't seem to get the message that I wasn't interested. I beat him every time and he still kept coming for more. In the end I logged out.

Oh, and losing honour just because the majority of the posse voted dishonourably? Dumb decision.

At this point, I'm literally only doing it for the trophies now because I put too much time in the SP - which is BY FAR superior to this trash btw - not to.

Griefers were the only reason I deleted the game, but they have done something about it now in the latest update. If you give it a go let me know if it's any better, I'm not downloading a hundred gigs to just get some reptile follow me around killing me.

It's a terrible barren empty husk in mp. There doesn't need to be a massive open world to play the game modes they have on on offer. Whats there in free roam is terrible, you can't even go passive like in GTA V. They can say it's beta all they like but the game simple doesn't lend itself to the same kind of multiplayer experience as GTA does unless they add more co-op type stuff imo they needed to have been far more creative about it for it to have worked.

They should have just had lobbied game modes as free roam in multi player is not worth anyones time or more importantly money.

So they're giving daily rewards for grieifing now and they've reduced the price for cougar pelts and exotics in order to encourage more gold bar purchases.
    It's like they've literally gone out of their way to do the complete opposite of what people wanted.

I dunno, I tried it with the update and had zero grief whatsoever. The only people you can see on the map are those griefer reptiles, they can't see you at all.

Win/Win

todays update looks interesting..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got gold from all the offers. That 9 bullet revolver with a secondary barrel with a single shotgun shell looks good, hope it's in SP too.

Great they added poker, hope they don't stop there.

Are the subhuman griefers still allowed to ruin your game?

Are the subhuman griefers still allowed to ruin your game?

its harder for people to grief others now
    you can set your player to defensive mode which disables auto aim on you among other things
    plus the mini map only shows people that are within 100 feet (i think) of you

Will there be a passive mode like GTA so you could possibly enjoy the online missions?

Will there be a passive mode like GTA so you could possibly enjoy the online missions?
    Players in Defensive mode will be indicated by a shield icon, will take reduced damage from enemy players, cannot be lassoed, melee attacked, executed or targeted with auto-aim. Defensive players will also be excluded from being targeted in PvP-related missions such as Player Assassination. Those who attack Defensive players receive hefty penalties via the Hostility system, while players who initiate conflict while in Defensive mode will be instantly pulled out of Defensive mode and also receive similar Hostility penalties.
    You can view your current Hostility level through the Player Menu. As you become more hostile, you become more visible on other player’s radars at longer distances and will respawn further and further away from your point of death – at the highest level of Hostility, you will respawn in a different region.

It's not as abuse-able as passive was. Unlike GTA there's no flying rocket cars so even the reduced radar and spawning hostile players further away from their death would have done a lot.

That seems fair enough. I might give it another chance.

For those interested.

Since it just went live I assume this guy was like me and low hostility. I moved as far away as i could before he disappeared from the map, and then moved back. You've under a 10m buffer, so if you just spot them you can move away 10m before they disappear again.

so this should give a idea of range on the radar, if you're a non hostile player this is about as far as you'll be seen.

It's about the size of valentine or the main area of backwater.

480286.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Dusting this of the shelf at the moment and am wondering if they've improved the MP element at all. I played some of the beta but got bored.

Anybody playing online? Big update released yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

What does it add? Tbh, haven't bothered much with online bar the odd time with friends.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭GTTDI GOD

What does it add? Tbh, haven't bothered much with online bar the odd time with friends.

Adds 3 different roles: trader, collector and bounty hunter. So far so good. A lot of game mechanics and graphics were fixed as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭GTTDI GOD

Anyone still playing online? I for one am loving it. There is so much to do now!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭hank scorpio89

Started about a week ago and im enjoying it trying to get a proper cart for the trader role.so time consuming only using the space on my horse.also the camp can be hard to spawn and it needs to be patched ..one thing thats really ticking me off is people being overly hostile just for the craic .camping on the roof of buildings in towns and sniping people etc.arent you just wonderful your penis might hit 2 inches when puberty hits.just really annoys me.hope an undead nightmarre is coming for halloween .

Advertisement