Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

:Online: Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I was happy playing earlier and doing well, but the frequent disconnections have put me off playing it for a while to be honest. Worst thing of all is when you're on a mission and get disconnected.

I'll probably return to it sometime later this month or next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

My character from Red Dead online.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Very accurate.

bgu8sgdz8l121.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I'm ok with grinding and all, but the game is really taking the p*ss. I hunted and killed a large Elk tonight. In the Single Player I would have gotten at least 4 Venison Beefs from it, but I only got 1 which is sad after going to all that work to hunt it. Money is an issue as well. As most of you have already talked about. It's been less of a week now since Red Dead online began so hopefully they will fix it so that it's more comparable to the Single Player at least.
    You are aware that it's intentional that they did that change right? it's exactly how they roll in GTA V etc. as well so expect it to remain or be tightened further.

On for a small bit today to try move the story along but found the griefers out numbered the sound lads. Could barely get to a mission icon without getting shot at and my horse getting killed. Checking the menu to play a series instead, I heard grunting so went back to the game to find my character had been hogtied. Bating the escape button, he cuts the rope, let's me up and runs around me in circles. Needless to say I emptied a clip into him and his corpse. He then proceeded to annoy the **** out of me so I rest to PS4 main menu (faster than actually leaving RDR online.

Went back in and played some races, had some laugh. Really thought I wouldn't bother with the racing but they really made it fun.

This game badly needs a solo session mode but it's a beta so I get they would only want only MP to stress the servers. Creating a new character tonight, my guy is reminding me of a young Blue from the film Old School so I can't take him serious anymore.

• Advertisement

Nody wrote: »
    You are aware that it's intentional that they did that change right? it's exactly how they roll in GTA V etc. as well so expect it to remain or be tightened further.

Yeah I know what they're trying to do. But at least they made up for it in GTA online by giving us some cool updates like the Heist DLC and all. So there was more ways to grind for money and get bigger payoffs.

Anyway, I managed to get my hands on a bow and arrow last night so I can start hunting properly now. I prefer hunting with bow and arrow or a rifle, as opposed to my carbine rifle which I've been using since I started online.

Is it more reliable now or does it still disconnect a lot?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

I'm able to access online despite the fact that I only just got the game...
    Mind you, Shopto was selling what I believe is pre-order content as it includes DLC. I don't think they're supposed to though...

It's an open beta

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Is it more reliable now or does it still disconnect a lot?

A lot more reliable for me, i could hardly play without the game crashing every ten minutes but yesterday and today I've had a couple of random disconnects.

ok that makes sense. Stilll, I don't think shopto sent me the right version...

If Shopto ordered a load of copies then they might have got pre-orders. There isn't any restrictions on who can sell games though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭GTTDI GOD

Played today, spawned in, whistled for my horse but nowhere to be found, so i got a scrawny nag, went to the stables to get my horse, went and done a mission, after spawning in afterwards, no horse again, had to go back to the stables again!! Really annoying that you have to keep doing that!!

Anytime I've spawned in, my horse has been in whistling distance, haven't had to collect from a stable yet.

GTTDI GOD wrote: »
    Played today, spawned in, whistled for my horse but nowhere to be found, so i got a scrawny nag, went to the stables to get my horse, went and done a mission, after spawning in afterwards, no horse again, had to go back to the stables again!! Really annoying that you have to keep doing that!!

You have to set your horse to default for it come. Press left direction button on your controller, click on stable option then choose the horse you own and set it as default. It should come when you whistle for it after that.

Same thing happened to me as well, then I did the above mentioned and it comes now.

I've been through the desert on a horse with no name,
    It felt good to be out of the rain,
    In the desert you can remember your name...

Great song! Not listened to that in a while.

I don't believe I said there were any restrictions... just that selling pre-order content post launch is interesting.

Oh I thought that's what you implied by say "I don't think they're supposed to though..."

I reckon it would be like you or me ordering a load of copies to sell.

Just looking at that site. Was RD expensive when you bought it they seem very expensive for other stuff SSD's/HDD's, chairs etc.

No, I meant I don't think they're supposed to sell pre-order content post launch lol. Depends what you mean by expensive really. I got it on ebay for almost £50. I personally would consider that a great price considering how amazing and packed the game is.

As I said there is no restrictions on who can sell games.

cdkeys is pretty good for games also.

My point was it's not a question of "who" but when.

There's no restrictions!

Fair enough but don't deliberately misinterpret my post next time. Good day.

Deliberately? It was a fairly ambiguous statement.

I think it was rather obvious given that I said I got pre-order content post launch before saying I don't think they're supposed to do that... I then clarified in about 3 posts that it was an issue of when i.e. selling pre-rder content after launch and not 'who' was selling it. After the third time you were still talking about 'who' before I literally had to spell out that it's not about who but when. You've now said there's no restrictions on when it can be sold so that's it then. If you genuinely thought I was questioning who can sell it but you say the statement was ambiguous best thing would have been to ask rather than making an assumption...

pot, kettle, black!

You're assuming I deliberately misinterpreted when its not the case at all. I was talking about who as in 3rd party. In relation to whatever is irking you I never said when, you did. If you're going to be that pedantic at least get it right! Arrogance won't get you anywhere.

• Advertisement

iLikeWaffles and The Phantom Pain, could you two take your argument to PM? I want to read about RDR2 online and not the pair of ye fighting over a game.

iLikeWaffles and The Phantom Pain, could you two take your argument to PM? I want to read about RDR2 online and not the pair of ye fighting over a game.

Speaking of the game, has anyone found/stolen clothes? Need a new hat.

Nobodies stopping you post about the game, please do...

Advertisement