Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

:Online: Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,095 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Keep it civil please. Take any bickering to PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Rockstar have an update, currently working on in-game economy and game crashes.
    Red Dead Online Beta Status update:
    Thanks to everyone who has participated in the Beta so far, we appreciate your help in testing the game! Your feedback from these early days will be instrumental in helping formulate updates to every aspect of the experience. Our current areas of focus include the in-game economy, which will require some additional balancing in order to ensure all activities are appropriately rewarding and fun, as well as some persistent bugs that are causing some players to be kicked from sessions. The game has been developed so that we will be able to quickly make any adjustments like these, and we plan to get updates out as early as the end of this week with more updates to come next week. Feedback from the community has been invaluable, and we will continue to keep you regularly updated as things progress. We hope you continue to play and enjoy the game, and please keep sending your feedback to reddeadonline.com/feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Speaking of the game, has anyone found/stolen clothes? Need a new hat.

I'm constantly losing my hat, I get angry when I realise it and smack the snot out of someone and take theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Rockstar have an update, currently working on in-game economy and game crashes.

That's a massive relief! Especially like how they mentioned appropriately rewarding and fun in the same sentence. End of the week/next week, sweet. Will probably play it so.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'm constantly losing my hat, I get angry when I realise it and smack the snot out of someone and take theirs.

Store it on your horse. Never be without a hat again.

• Advertisement

Anyone on for some races, shooting, shenanigans, etc? Ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Random fire fights I'm fine with but lads in races are afk and spinning, issue for people actually playing is that most races have a generous time limit so everyone who actually played is sitting there watching these ass holes spin until the game ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,644 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Anyone on for some races, shooting, shenanigans, etc? Ps4

If you see me online sometime today, give me a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Update from Rockstar, patch coming to try balance the economy
    RED DEAD ONLINE BETA STATUS UPDATE
    Thanks to everyone who has participated in the Beta so far, we appreciate your help in testing the game! Your feedback from these early days will be instrumental in helping formulate updates to every aspect of the experience. Our current areas of focus include the in-game economy, which will require some additional balancing in order to ensure all activities are appropriately rewarding and fun, as well as some persistent bugs that are causing some players to be kicked from sessions. The game has been developed so that we will be able to quickly make any adjustments like these, and we plan to get updates out as early as the end of this week with more updates to come next week. Feedback from the community has been invaluable, and we will continue to keep you regularly updated as things progress. We hope you continue to play and enjoy the game, and please keep sending your feedback to reddeadonline.com/feedback.

astradave wrote: »
    Update from Rockstar, patch coming to try balance the economy

Hey zerks!

Couldn't resist :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I see a reddit thread where the OP says the RDR2 online economy is so bad he's going to hire someone in a third world country to do the grind for him.
    Do you really need a beta to know this?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Hey zerks!

Couldn't resist :D

Woops, I must have skipped posts last night as I only had 3 new posts to read this morning.. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I see a reddit thread where the OP says the RDR2 online economy is so bad he's going to hire someone in a third world country to do the grind for him.
    Do you really need a beta to know this?

He should probably stop and take up a different hobby.

Getting disconnected while on missions is a right pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mrnew

Might be of use to someone this is how I am making money online ATM

Hit valentine, there are plenty of pens with live stock (pigs & sheep) in them rope them up and then melee kill them skin them and bring the carcass to the butcher sell the whole lot with meet, skin and carcass for like $5 then rinse and repeat, also you can do this 2 at a time carry one carcass and put one on your horse. you get money way quicker this way than any mission I have done

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Being new to PS4, could anyone tell me if I need a paid subscription to play red dead online?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

grizzly wrote: »
    Being new to PS4, could anyone tell me if I need a paid subscription to play red dead online?

Yes. You can get a free trial at the beginning, but you need a PSN subscription to play online.

^ If you are new to PS4 the psn sub could be decent investment in terms of the monthly games you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Mrnew wrote: »

Hit valentine, there are plenty of pens with live stock (pigs & sheep) in them rope them up and then melee kill them skin them and bring the carcass to the butcher sell the whole lot with meet, skin and carcass for like $5 then rinse and repeat, also you can do this 2 at a time carry one carcass and put one on your horse. you get money way quicker this way than any mission I have done

Bring a second horse and you can do 3!

Really hoping they reset progress now, every game I'm in has at least 1/3 of the people spinning in circles AFK which means the games last until the timeout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Luff123

Are others being disconnected also?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Varik wrote: »
    Really hoping they reset progress now, every game I'm in has at least 1/3 of the people spinning in circles AFK which means the games last until the timeout.
    They announced yesterday they won’t be resetting progress, or they have no plans to right now. I’m sure if a big money glitch popped up they might change there minds but for now they aren’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Mrnew wrote: »

head to tumbleweed
    perfect cougars 20 dollars
    buck/doe and ram/sheep around 10 dollars

close to butchers too

im sniping them from a bit away so as not to spook them,except cougars as they just appear close from nowhere

Anyone on tonight? I'll be on about half 10 if anyone wants to posse up. Not sure whether to stick with my new character Sadie the 2nd or give her another attempt.

467560.jpg

467561.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Luff123 wrote: »
    Are others being disconnected also?

Yes, had about 5 posse disconnects in 90 minutes. Gave up in the end.

grizzly wrote: »
    Yes, had about 5 posse disconnects in 90 minutes. Gave up in the end.

The disconnections are a right pain in the ass.

I have mixed feelings about online as it manages to draw me in and push me out at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

You're a grand lookin mot, Sheehy. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

The horse racing is becoming problematic now. Every time I went into a race tonight, most of the players were idle while only a few were actually playing, so the races would take ages to finish.

There was this one lad who was actually active but spent most of the race shooting and killing the idle players. Bloody time waster.

You need half the lobby to kick but more than half are afk.

• Advertisement
Advertisement