Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

:Online: Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

You can turn defensive mode, you're protected from most player damage unless you kick yourself out of it. Game will turn it off temporary dependant on what you're doing.

Having same issue with trade, got to level 5 and can't wait for the hunting cart to unlock. Posse up if you can as it doubles collection speed and while you do share selling reward you still get full so and it's all faster.

Unlocked the mid sized sales cart but need to save a bit for it still.

Doing bounty hunting while I wait for delivery and you get collectables off enemies for collector.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭GTTDI GOD

I just got the hunting wagon myself during the week, was a bit of a slog to get there but absolutely worth it in the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Looking for people to play with on PS4. Stick your Tag up here if you wanna play and I'll add tonight. I'm currently lvl 27. My Tag is the same as here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Played a few hours of online there when they added the roleplay classes. Got very bored very quick, bounty - same thing over and over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

weiland79 wrote: »
    Looking for people to play with on PS4. Stick your Tag up here if you wanna play and I'll add tonight. I'm currently lvl 27. My Tag is the same as here.

Hey man, I'll be picking this up tonight but will be playing Division 2 for a while in hopes of bouncing between the 2. Haven't played online since the beta so i'm guessing I'll have to get used to it again with the new stuff. What way do posse's work now? Do I have to pay to join? Is there still a small limit on posse numbers?

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Hey man, I'll be picking this up tonight but will be playing Division 2 for a while in hopes of bouncing between the 2. Haven't played online since the beta so i'm guessing I'll have to get used to it again with the new stuff. What way do posse's work now? Do I have to pay to join? Is there still a small limit on posse numbers?

I think you get to create 1 free persistent posse, you don't need to pay to join someone elses.

Posses are either 1-4 people or 1-7 people dependant on your camp size. Like in GTA Online you pay where you pay your mechanic and so on every now and again you do the same in RDO, you pay for the size of your stables and the size of your camp. Camp cost is $1 for the smaller one and $2 for the larger I think, you can switch back and forth and no reason to have the larger when not have 4+ player active as you just reset up your camp as a larger if more people join.

EARN A TREASURE MAP
    Complete 5 Daily Challenges this week and receive a Treasure Map as a reward for your diligence and determination. You can pick up your Treasure Map from the Camp Lockbox or Post Office within 48 hours of completing the Daily Challenges.

RECEIVE A 50% ROLE XP BOOST
    Moonshiners will receive a 50% Role XP Boost on all Moonshiner Sell, Story and Bootlegger Missions, which they can access by talking to Maggie and Marcel in their Moonshine Shack.

Signing up for The Outlaw Pass No. 2 by March 8th will net you 10 Ranks’ worth of Club XP right off the bat. Club XP Rewards will be delivered to the Benefits section within 48 hours of upgrading to the Outlaw Pass No. 2. The Outlaw Pass No. 2 closes on March 10th.

TAKE ADVANTAGE OF SELECT DISCOUNTS
    25% off the cost of Arabian Horses at Stables.
    30% off all Vests and Bandoliers.
    40% off the Hunting Bow and Fishing Rod.
    Discounts available through March 9th.

TWITCH PRIME BENEFITS
    Connect your Social Club account with Twitch Prime to get:

The Collector’s Bag
    The Polished Copper Moonshine Still
    Benefits Award for Five Ranks of Moonshiner Role XP
    Rewards will arrive in the Benefits section within 48 hours of playing.

PLAYSTATION PLUS BENEFITS
    Playstation Plus members will receive a new benefit for playing between now and June 1st. Log in to Red Dead Online to get to select 3 Ability Cards of their choice, free of charge.

Rewards will arrive in the Benefits section within 48 hours of playing.

Check Rockstar Support for details and limitations.

Not sure if this is know but the weekly discounts and bonuses start each Tuesday.

Unless you're almost done the Season pass it's probably too late to finish it off, a week of higher than normal play would probably do it but don't think that'd be too fun.

Sign up for a Twitch prime trail (free tail is a week) and remember to cancel it but in the meantime you get the collector role free.

Moonshiner role is expensive but it's also got a weekly bonus and the twitch bonus.

So the outlaw pass is finishing in a week but they say if you buy before the 8th, you get rank bonuses. Is it pointless buying it if you can't spend proper time on it? I have 40 gold bars and 400 dollars. Not sure if i should try the outlaw pass or wait for the next one?

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    So the outlaw pass is finishing in a week but they say if you buy before the 8th, you get rank bonuses. Is it pointless buying it if you can't spend proper time on it? I have 40 gold bars and 400 dollars. Not sure if i should try the outlaw pass or wait for the next one?

You earn season pass ranks even if you don't have the paid version, there some free rewards too on the free version but nowhere near as much as the paid version.

You could play the game and see how high you'd get and then decided before the 8th, if you got near 90 then it'd be a good idea. Someone else could be rank 90 already, buy the pass and then get the bonus ranks and hit 100. The bonuse takes up to 48 hours so maybe a bit earlier than the 8th if you wanted to be safe.

Problem is that 40 gold is a lot to earn in a week, you'd get the 3 day steak and get more from the challenges but you'd not get the 7 day or the higher ones. I say 40 is a lot to earn and ignore the 40 you already have as you'd want most of the gold you already have to get the roles, otherwise you'd be earning less XP and gold without the roles, and without the roles the base game isn't as interesting. it'd be very grindy to hit high season rank with just the base game.

If you get the twitch trial that's the collector for free and then the bounty hunter and trader are about 10 gold each (can't remember), the Moonshiner is like 35 gold. I'd say leave Moonshiner until next season and see how far you can get with the 3 original roles, that'll cost 20 Gold and in a week maybe you'd be near the rank 90 and maybe you'd have earned the other 20 gold back.

If you get a decent amount of the the daily challenges done a day ( like half) then that's ~10-15 gold, and you get small amounts of gold from other things while playing but earning the 20 back in a week will be hard starting from scratch. There's 2 groups of challenges, the normal base game ones (like 7 of those) and then role challenges (19 of those), you won't have moonshiner so you won't get all 19 of the role challenges.

If starting from scratch I'd say sign up for the twitch prime trial, buy the 2 other cheaper roles and see how far you get by the 8th.

Thanks man! I got the twitch trial for gta stuff already. I'll be mostly playing division 2 this week so i think when i do throw this on, I'll spend the gold on the roles and do the challenges. Will keep an eye out for the next season then. It's good you can level up and decide later to buy it reaping the better rewards if you are doing well.

• Advertisement

Had a quick dip yesterday, loaded up my level 8 character from the beta. Very overwhelming but love the amount of stuff I have to do now. I checked roles and it said Moonshiner cost 5 gold or unlocks at Trader level 5. Does that mean I can just buy it now for 5 gold and how much will it cost if i get Trader to level 5? The rest of the roles tell me to just go to a point on the map but I take it they will then tell me how much each role is?

Gonna spend my gold on the roles anyway and just leave it build back up naturally and if I have enough, will go for the next season pass. I mistakenly spent 50 dollars on changing my camp flag to green. I thought it was free ffs, definitely gonna have to keep an eye on costs.

Forgot about that, ye the Moonshiner is counted as an advanced role from the trade so you've to get the trader up to level 5 before it lets you buy Moonshiner. As far as I know there's no option to buy moonshiner early, and it used to cost 35 gold but there were offers but those weren't permanent so likely back up to 35.

The other 3 cost less, I think they were either 5 or 10 gold each as there may have been discounts or offer on so not sure. You pretty much have to leg it to the location to buy the roles, after you do go to the location you can decide not to buy them there and instead buy them from either the camp store for 2 of them or a bounty board for bounty hunting. But initially you do need to go to the location.

Gave this a proper go last night. Did some story missions until i came across one that needed 2-4 people but i wanted to concentrate on solo for time being. Started the Trader role, caught 2 nearby animals and Cripps started working away. Supplies seemed short but the option to get more was greyed out so not sure what to do there. Made a delivery and quickly crashed the cart destroying half the cargo. Delivered the rest and decided to leave Trading for a while.

Did a stranger mission and took out a gang, my rank quickly jumped to 10 and i was given 5 gold off bounty Hunter license. Went and got that, bought it for 15 and then realised i didn't get the discount. Small font said it might take 24 hours to get the discount. Balls.

Still need time to go through my inventory, claim my free items and find rifles that are good for hunting and will then start the bounty Hunter business.

Fumbled my way through a lot of it but really really liked the cowboy sim aspect. Even other players i came across were just going about their business, no one starting any Bollox which is a nice change online.

I've lost a few bottles of moonshine as they're fragile and every bump or bang can damage it, but I've never lost anything with pelts for the trader.

The 4 player story missions are just match made, and similar to any of the GTA ones. There's not much to them, no real need to coordinate if playing on normal.

I've had very little PVP trouble, and anytime it's usually a big rumble in town so people are choosing to join in. I've died more to randoms head one horse collisions with other player when we're both in cinematic travel mode or whatever it's called. Fact that you can't see people on your radar until they're near means that even hostile players who'd want to fight can't really do so as they either can't see you and if they've been attacking people they show up further away on others radars.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Just to be 100% sure, is there any solo mode in RDR2 online like there is in GTA online?

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Just to be 100% sure, is there any solo mode in RDR2 online like there is in GTA online?

No.

You get put into private servers during story missions but that's it.

You also can't mess with your internet settings to get put in your own server like you can in GTA online either.

Weiland, it's like what you were saying a few weeks back, this is a very different kind of multiplayer. I played a bit today for an hour and made very little progress, just found a treasure and collected a bounty. Felt like i hadn't accomplished much in the hour but still enjoyed the hell out of it. I could throw on the Division 2 for an hour and see some real gains from my time but this is a very different experience.

A few questions..

1 - Trading. Any hints on getting carcasses back to Cripps when your a long way from camp? I think the hunting wagon can be used but before that, an i better off hunting near camp?

2 - Bounty hunting. Any best practices here or just go, take out everyone bar target, reinforce lasso them and haul them back?

3 - Time Limits. I read you're better off leaving the timer almost run out before handing in the stuff to get most money and xp. Is this actually worth doing? I hate the thought of sitting there not playing just to get the most out of a mechanic. Should be rewarded for doing the tasks quicker, not slower.

4 - Hunting. Is it right that varmint rifle is used for small game while bolt action rifle is used for large game?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Might give this another go.
    Take my mind off all the covid talk.

Has it got any better lately?

Kenjataimu wrote: »

I'm finding it so ****ing relaxing. Do a bounty, collect my reward, kill a deer, bring back to bank, make a delivery for the trader role, collect my reward, do a stranger mission, rinse and repeat while all the time leveling up and unlocking new things. The slow pace is actually a nice change to dip in and out of. Not one randomer i came across online has tried to kill me which is nice.

• Advertisement

Kenjataimu wrote: »

What counts as lately, load added since the beta and since the proper launch. New stuff being added soon but I think covid has delayed that.

So I bought the game again. See ye online :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

I burned out playing the story mode. Tried Online after 100% completion and it is so much slower than story mode. I found 100% to be very relaxing though worth giving that a go if anyone finds online too much of a chore.

Myself and Weiland possied up last night. Good laugh but Jesus Rockstar make it hard to play together. We tried doing a story mission i had but as soon as joined his posse, the mission would disappear. Makes me appreciate how easy it is to squad up in the division.

Also i keep getting the bug where my camp disappears, makes it a pain in the hole to rank up the trader role.

I have 25 gold atm, tempted to get collector and moonshiner but gonna hold out for a possible new outlaw pass as long as it's not too expensive.

Really enjoying logging in to do my dailies even though i don't usually like that kind of thing.

0_0.jpg

Taken forever but managed to find the random drop for the poison poppy moonshine.

Rockstar seemed to have had to sorted the server issues, game was unplayable when so many people were on after lockdowns started all over.

I'm on day 29 of my dailies streak, went from 15 gold a couple weeks ago to now having 80 and well prepared for the next update. It's an absolute buggy mess though. Camp not spawning so can't do trader missions, moonshack disappearing so can't do those missions, bounty board becoming greyed out so i can't do those. Today and yesterday actually were ok so hope you're right and they have sorted them.

Almost level 10 bounty and looking forward to the bounty wagon.

Time to reinstall this as big update dropping Tuesday. New role to find 'the secrets of naturalism'. Could be the rumoured photographing wildlife which doesn't appeal to me at all but leaked info shows a new location will be added, could be Guarma as the pic in the link looks like a jungle.

New Outlaw pass as well which I'm looking forward to as i missed the first 2.

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/61639/GTA-Online-and-Red-Dead-Online-Updates-Coming-Soon

I'm hoping they will have a solo mode for online sometime.

While there's private lobbies for GTA online you can't do most of the stuff as they need to be in public, so Rockstar adding useful private lobbies is unlikley.

That being said in RDO needing to play solo isn't an issue, the map is so large and the limited radar means you can see someone before either of you is on the others map. This means there's no players hunting each other down across the maps while they'er doing anything. Hostile players also show up upto 3 times further away to peaceful players so they can be avoided.

I've maxed out all the roles and most of them put a big target on your back but since the radar changes I've not next to no hostile interactions. I've had more head on crashes with other players when we're both in auto travel mode as we'e just appeared on each other maps, and then the more common thing to happen is someone revives your horse for you.

• Advertisement

Advertisement