Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2018 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Conji21

Tmac35 wrote: »
    The 1st part is the bleep test then the sit ups & push ups, if you fail 1 part of that you have to repeat all 3 parts next time. If you pass the obstacle course & push pull machine you don’t have to repeat that.

Thanks very much

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Tmac35

Conji21 wrote: »
    Thanks very much

No problem, don’t over think it, you’ll do great!

No problem, don’t over think it, you’ll do great!
    Thanks bro best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Stevencallan

Anyone know the exact address for the college putting it into google maps and having no joy.

Anyone know the exact address for the college putting it into google maps and having no joy.

Just google Garda college Templemore & it’ll come up & hit directions

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Barry69

Garda siochana college ,gets me direct to the garda college on Google maps. It comes up then as n62,manna south, Tipperary.

Barry69 wrote: »
    Garda siochana college ,gets me direct to the garda college on Google maps. It comes up then as n62,manna south, Tipperary.

That’s the exact same I was getting just wanted to be sure

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Barry69

That’s the exact same I was getting just wanted to be sure

Well you're going to the right place anyway so it's all good!

Just wondering how long it took to have a meeting with the sergeant/super after completing physical & medical????? Does it differ for everyone-depending on how your vetting is going? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Definitely detective material

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BuzzMcdonnell

Edgware wrote: »
    Definitely detective material

Do you ever have anything constructive to say or are you just really bored?

He must be bored
    There’s no harm in asking a question just to be sure

Is the sit up test straight after the beep test or do you get a few mins

Conji21 wrote: »
    Is the sit up test straight after the beep test or do you get a few mins

Think they give you 10/15 mins rest

Think they give you 10/15 mins rest

Thank god hahahah , thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Learn to chill out if you want to last in the police

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BuzzMcdonnell

Edgware wrote: »
    Learn to chill out if you want to last in the police

Police?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭LukeP26

Hi, still waiting to hear back from my vetting but I'm hoping to do my fitness/medical in the coming months. They told me on the phone that all going well the vetting should be done for the December intake. Nervous for the fitness though, can anyone recommend a personal trainer that has some experience with training lads for the fitness test? I'm fit enough, there or thereabouts, but I'm struggling to get much better than 32 sit ups in a minute and was looking at getting a personal trainer to take me to the next level.

LukeP26 wrote: »
    Hi, still waiting to hear back from my vetting but I'm hoping to do my fitness/medical in the coming months. They told me on the phone that all going well the vetting should be done for the December intake. Nervous for the fitness though, can anyone recommend a personal trainer that has some experience with training lads for the fitness test? I'm fit enough, there or thereabouts, but I'm struggling to get much better than 32 sit ups in a minute and was looking at getting a personal trainer to take me to the next level.
    Honestly you don’t need a personal trainer, keep practicing between now & your test date, (which you normally get 2 weeks notice) & you’ll be flying! I was a bit like that & struggling with them but I got there in the end & the trainer on the day will help you.

• Advertisement

Honestly you don’t need a personal trainer, keep practicing between now & your test date, (which you normally get 2 weeks notice) & you’ll be flying! I was a bit like that & struggling with them but I got there in the end & the trainer on the day will help you.

Thanks. Any tips/advice for the training? I've been going to the gym and using the freeletics app. I downloaded a beep test app too but couldn't get it to work so I've just been out running.

Thanks. Any tips/advice for the training? I've been going to the gym and using the freeletics app. I downloaded a beep test app too but couldn't get it to work so I've just been out running.

I downloaded a Beep test app(green) & used it, there’s plenty out there, measure out 20m & keep practicing!! Get someone to hold your feet or stick them under something & keep doing those sit ups. Don’t over think it, if you put in the work it will pay off. If you practice between now & when you get your date you’ll smash it!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Userdb

Hey, have a retest Friday for push pull machine, I’m 5’3 female, if anyone has any advice I’d be grateful, I’m bricking it

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Harley2016

Just go for it... Smash the course out of it so you only need the 22.5kg on push pull after you finish the course pretend to tie your shoes and get a little few seconds for a rest to catch your breath and then go into and litterly put your whole body into it! What you get the last time?

I didn’t even pretend I told them ya may give me a few minutes I’m wrecked lol

October intake cancelled does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Figgy37

Did my interview in February and passed. Sent my GP Clearance form back in May but haven’t heard anything since.....anyone in the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 pinkrunners

Just a quick question to anyone who completed their medical and was asked for further information. How long did it take for the cmo to come back to you? A friend did medical in March, was asked for further info, which was sent back immediately and hasn't heard a thing since.

Do the pushups need to be done consecutively or can you basically take a break in between if you can't do the required amount in a row?

• Advertisement

Do the pushups need to be done consecutively or can you basically take a break in between if you can't do the required amount in a row?

You can do them in your own time,you can take a break with your arms outstretched but best advice to keep going get them done quickly!

Advertisement