Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2018 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ddylan

bottar1 wrote: »
    I deferred from April for college and received offer that I accepted for July intake.

But I am just one example, so don't take my word for it.

What was your reason for deferring ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭bottar1

ddylan wrote: »
    What was your reason for deferring ?

College, to complete final year exams in May to complete my degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Jecz

I deferred from April for college and received offer that I accepted for July intake.

But I am just one example, so don't take my word for it.

When you asked to defer did you get the same email saying your not guaranteed another spot? And when did you get the next offer?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭AngelaG

Is July intake full yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Planes 1997

Heard there’s meant to be an intake in October is this true?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

It's December

• Registered Users Posts: 14 EL11

Jecz wrote: »
    When you asked to defer did you get the same email saying your not guaranteed another spot? And when did you get the next offer?

Cheers
    I deferred April too and got an offer for July in early May. When I initially deferred in April I also got the 'we can't guarantee you'll get another offer etc' email, but I think that's probably just to cover themselves for all possibilities. :)

Jecz wrote: »

Cheers

I got the same e-mail yes, I got the offer for July on May 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭OscarKilo

I got the same e-mail yes, I got the offer for July on May 10.

What date in July? There’s 2 induction weeks correct?

OscarKilo wrote: »
    What date in July? There’s 2 induction weeks correct?

1st of July.

Yes, there is a second induction week on the 8th of July I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Planes 1997

Hi all. I am meeting my local superintendent tomorrow and was looking for advice on what it’s like and what sort of questions he may ask. I’ve heard it’s more formal than meeting the inspector, suit and tie?

Hi all. I am meeting my local superintendent tomorrow and was looking for advice on what it’s like and what sort of questions he may ask. I’ve heard it’s more formal than meeting the inspector, suit and tie?

Hi,

Mine wasn't particularly formal. I wore a formal shirt no tie. Felt like a chat more than anything, although I think if there is any issues in your vetting that's where they will be discussed.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Harley2016

Is meeting the super the last bit of vetting or could there still be outstanding stuff on your vetting does anyone know? I've been in with Sgr already and meting the super tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kellbag91

Harley2016 wrote: »
    Is meeting the super the last bit of vetting or could there still be outstanding stuff on your vetting does anyone know? I've been in with Sgr already and meting the super tomorrow?

The meeting with the Super will be your last bit of local vetting. Unfortunately the remaining vetting can take anywhere from a few weeks to years (in some extreme cases).

I've the medical Wednesday and wondering do I need to bring any files from the doctors? I've no medical issues but do they just take your word for it or do they havr your fuel?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 EH95

Hi, just got my date for the pct... 9am 21st June, how long does it take normally?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bvc99

Harley2016 wrote: »
    I've the medical Wednesday and wondering do I need to bring any files from the doctors? I've no medical issues but do they just take your word for it or do they havr your fuel?

No need for any documentation unless you have a pre-existing condition. All you are required to provide on the day is your GP’s contact number & address

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ash_Ha

EH95 wrote: »
    Hi, just got my date for the pct... 9am 21st June, how long does it take normally?

You’ll have first half over by say 11/ 12 depending on what group you’re put into (about 7 in each group). Then you’ll sit and wait until about 1 / 1.30 pm for the next half of the day. All finished up about 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bvc99

EH95 wrote: »

Up to 6 hours if you’re unlucky enough to be placed in the last group. Testing starts for 1st group around 1000.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭wizardofdodge

Hey, would anyone here know of any dates been offered yet for the physical.
    I've read someone say the 21st - is this the earliest and also likely to be the last? Thanks

• Advertisement

Hey, would anyone here know of any dates been offered yet for the physical.
    I've read someone say the 21st - is this the earliest and also likely to be the last? Thanks

Nobody knows for sure of all the dates and/or the last ones honestly.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ddylan

Would i be correct in saying all offers are out for the first week? any word on when second week will be out?

Would i be correct in saying all offers are out for the first week? any word on when second week will be out?

Can't be certain about anything really - I don't think anyone has been offered the 2nd week therefore we can't really know if the 1st week is full.

Also offers seem to come in dribs and drabs, there doesn't appear to be a set pattern!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Cocopops555

Not sure if this helps but I did my fitness test recently. One of the guards that was working there on the day implied that there was spaces left for July but again not 100% sure which week.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭LukeP26

Can anyone confirm that if you fail your fitness test you are allowed repeat it? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭OscarKilo

LukeP26 wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm that if you fail your fitness test you are allowed repeat it? Thanks.

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ash_Ha

LukeP26 wrote: »

Definitely. Called back in 3 months to repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭LukeP26

Thanks lads. Haven't been called yet but I was a bit nervous 😅

Do you find out there and then if you have passed the medical or what way does it work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 EH95

Could anyone who has the done the fitness test already tell me does the beep test start on level 1 or does it start like 0.1, 0.2 etc.? Some differ

Also anyone from cork have there pct on the 21st?

Advertisement