Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2018 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Conji21

LukeP26 wrote: »
    Do the pushups need to be done consecutively or can you basically take a break in between if you can't do the required amount in a row?

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭LukeP26

What's the story with vision for the medical? Do they check it? If so, what's the limit? Should I bring my glasses or do I need contacts?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 AshleyOH

Hey guys, just wondering how strict they are on the BMI thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Stevencallan

Does anyone know how long the medical takes ?

I haven't heard back from sgt, I had the sgt interview 3 weeks ago does this mean I got dropped ?

• Advertisement

Heard 30 minutes , anyone on the 8th wanna float zoo after , don't wanna waste the drive 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 14,562 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Conji21 wrote: »
    I haven't heard back from sgt, I had the sgt interview 3 weeks ago does this mean I got dropped ?

You won't hear back from the station interviews, they just send your file back to HQ afterwards and uou hear from them about your next step.

Witcher wrote: »
    You won't hear back from the station interviews, they just send your file back to HQ afterwards and uou hear from them about your next step.

Haven't had a meeting with super yet only did the Sgt

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Stickynote10

Hi All,

I’ve a question if anyone could help I’d really appreciate it. I completed a medical in June and was deferred on my BMI so I’ve to go back in September. Does anyone know what the process is? Do I contact them or will they contact me? I was told my date is the 12th of Sept the day of the medical, will I be doing the medical that day or will of be after that? If it’s after that do you get much extra time? Really appreciate the advise if anyone has been in this position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 SHIELDSRED

Hi guys, I've passed everything and met with sergeant and super. However, I just got called to go back to the super, for what I am not sure. Any tips as I want to really make sure I impress this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 EdvinasS

Hi All,

I’ve a question if anyone could help I’d really appreciate it. I completed a medical in June and was deferred on my BMI so I’ve to go back in September. Does anyone know what the process is? Do I contact them or will they contact me? I was told my date is the 12th of Sept the day of the medical, will I be doing the medical that day or will of be after that? If it’s after that do you get much extra time? Really appreciate the advise if anyone has been in this position.

They will contact you, you never really need to contact them.

If they told you that date then the medical will be on that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 EdvinasS

The medical takes a couple of hours , there is a lot of waiting around so charge up your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Uweir32

What exactly happens during the medical? Anyone able to talk us through the day ?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Barry69

Uweir32 wrote: »
    What exactly happens during the medical? Anyone able to talk us through the day ?

When you arrive you fill in a form with your medical history. Go to the loo to get urine sample. Nurse then takes you to check weight, height, blood pressure and hearing test. Off to the waiting room upstairs then for an hour or two until the doctor calls you.
    Doctor then does eye test, checks your spine, looks at teeth (though not all the doctors seem to do this bit) ,up on the bed then to press around stomach area. Doctor signs you off if all is good. Job done.
    Think that's it , all I can remember anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Userdb

Is anyone’s vetting still outstanding?

Userdb wrote: »
    Is anyone’s vetting still outstanding?

I'm meeting inspector today so I think mine's still getting done

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Markmurphy2022

Got an email today saying I’m at stage 4 of the process for Garda vetting! Anyone know what that means ? Thanks 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 39 EH95

Anyone know what happens if you fail part of the fitness 2nd time? I have to go back and repeat 1st part as the sit ups caught me but there was a girl there on the day and if I’m not mistaken it was her 4th attempt she was saying.... I’m hoping to pass this time obviously but there’s just that question In the back of the head saying what if.... is that that your just gone or what... anyone have any experience or know anyone who failed twice? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Stevencallan

I done my medical over a month ago now and no word still from the sergeant for an interview
    Rang the district office and they said that my file was sent over and should get a call soon anyone in the same boat as me

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Tmac35

EH95 wrote: »
    Anyone know what happens if you fail part of the fitness 2nd time? I have to go back and repeat 1st part as the sit ups caught me but there was a girl there on the day and if I’m not mistaken it was her 4th attempt she was saying.... I’m hoping to pass this time obviously but there’s just that question In the back of the head saying what if.... is that that your just gone or what... anyone have any experience or know anyone who failed twice? Thanks

If you fail your repeated part 2nd time around that’s you gone unfortunately, you have to wait for the next campaign & go again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Dave3345

Tmac35 wrote: »
    If you fail your repeated part 2nd time around that’s you gone unfortunately, you have to wait for the next campaign & go again.

You get a second chance if you fail ? I’m going into stage 4 now after completing and passing my interview. I didn’t know you get a second chance which is handy but aiming to get through first time(🀞ðŸ») you know for push ups there’s no time limit. Like it would take me 1.5 mins is that ok. Just it’s probably what I’m worst at for it

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jahcork

I received an adult caution when I was a lot younger, just wondering has anyone ever got offered a place with having a caution. No conviction just a caution I regret when I was younger

• Registered Users Posts: 14,562 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Jahcork wrote: »
    I received an adult caution when I was a lot younger, just wondering has anyone ever got offered a place with having a caution. No conviction just a caution I regret when I was younger

You'd want to have a good excuse for it, it'll be brought up to you when you meet the sergeant so have an answer for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jahcork

I was very young and immature at the time, I regret it totally and just was wondering has anyone gone through vetting and been offered a place in the college with a caution. Thanks for the feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Tmac35

Dave3345 wrote: »
    You get a second chance if you fail ? I’m going into stage 4 now after completing and passing my interview. I didn’t know you get a second chance which is handy but aiming to get through first time(🀞ðŸ») you know for push ups there’s no time limit. Like it would take me 1.5 mins is that ok. Just it’s probably what I’m worst at for it

If you fail any stage in part one or two you get to go back & repeat it, but if you fail your repeated attempt that’s you gone! Just keep practicing so you don’t have to go back, best of luck!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Jake5991

Lads and ladies iv a medical soon.and my bmi is currently about 28.5 .

Is this ok or will i get calipers ?

I know over 30 is a straight fail.

And 18 - 25 is a pass.

Anyone who was over 25 did they do caliper test ??

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Jecz

Jake5991 wrote: »
    Lads and ladies iv a medical soon.and my bmi is currently about 28.5 .

Is this ok or will i get calipers ?

I know over 30 is a straight fail.

And 18 - 25 is a pass.

Anyone who was over 25 did they do caliper test ??

You should be fine, I think I was 27 on the day and I passed with no problems or questions

Jecz wrote: »
    You should be fine, I think I was 27 on the day and I passed with no problems or questions

Thanks dude i have it this morning . Cant wait till its over iv had no breakfast so im starving haha

• Registered Users Posts: 39 EH95

Hi gang... I have my fitness Friday week but took a bad hit in game Monday and my knee doesn’t feel great and my back is as stiff as a Board... anyone know the process if you feel you won’t be able to perform on the day? I prob would be okay but it’s my repeat so don’t want to take a chance!

• Advertisement

EH95 wrote: »
    Hi gang... I have my fitness Friday week but took a bad hit in game Monday and my knee doesn’t feel great and my back is as stiff as a Board... anyone know the process if you feel you won’t be able to perform on the day? I prob would be okay but it’s my repeat so don’t want to take a chance!

Id say contact garda hq and explain your situation they should give you another date .

Advertisement